February 2011 Member/Car of the Month: CamaroChic! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 79 Old 02-09-2011, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

February 2011 Member/Car of the Month: CamaroChic!

Congratulations CamaroChic for being February's Member/Car of the month here on ModernCamaro.com!

Thanks JoSSh, I am so honored to be named this month’s Member/Car of the month. I would like to thank everyone who nominated me every month especially Redfox, Selena, hotrodhoodrat and Mucker. I would also like to thank everyone who voted for me. Y’all are the best!

Ok let’s get started with a few questions.

What got you started with your love for the Camaro?

Since I was little I have been around cars and motors. Being the only child, I was girly with my mom and a tom-boy with my dad. My grandfather owned a used car lot and a circle track car. He bleed Chevrolet through and through. My dad is also a Chevrolet guy. We went to car shows, trail riding etc and I loved every min of it. The Christmas before I turned 16 I got my first car. It was a brand new ‘01 Cavalier. I loved that car but at school I fell in love with a senior girl’s car. It was a 2002 SS Camaro. That car was beautiful. But at 16 I knew I couldn’t have anything with horsepower. So I would just gawk as she would leave the parking lot. Me and my significant other met in a parking lot (how romantic lol). He would bug me about driving my car I guess to break the ice. He drove a Camaro at the time and I hated that car. I actually never rode in it. He loves cars more than I do so naturally we did click. He and my dad are the reason I have my Camaro today, and I could never thank them enough.

What’s the story behind your 5th gen?

I loved the car when I saw the Concept pictures, but I didn’t know how close the production car was going to be to it. Seeing it drive around in transformers made me want it even more but I thought I could never afford one. It was about time to start looking at trading in my car at the time (’06 Equinox), so I started looking at what’s was the best car to get. My dad and I having such a great relationship with our car salesman, I knew it had to be a Chevrolet. So I started looking at the camaro trying to figure out if I was going to be able to afford it (had to have the V8). We placed my order not long after they started taking the preorders. I kept faith in our salesman when he was telling me round about figures of what my car was going to cost still not knowing if I was going to be able to afford it. Well after months and months and months of waiting I got the call of my cars estimated build date. I was so excited after going and seeing the unveiling of the car. My camaro was the 3rd one at my dealership with the 2nd one on my load. We went in a couple of days before my car arrived to figure out the financing part (I was a nervous wreck). They wouldn’t give me trade in on my Equinox. I was $5000.00 over. I was devastated. I had figured up the payments and that $5000.00 put me over what I wanted to pay a month for it. Well like I said above, I couldn’t thank my significant other or my dad enough. They gave me the money to get my dream car. I was the luckiest and happiest girl in the southeast that day!!!
Well everyone pretty much knows what happened not 6 or so months later but for the ones that don’t… On Feb. 3 of last year I was sitting at a light on the phone when I looked in the mirror and saw a 3500 dully not stopping. He hit me sandwiching me in between him and the car in front of me. Onstar came on immediately and got the police out there (onstar is great and I would never own a car that doesn’t have it now). Well after 4 or 5 months of my car being at the body shop I got it back. And after sending it back a few times, my baby is close to the way she was before the wreck. (People please don’t text and drive!)

How did you come across ModernCamaro.com and what made you stick around?

I came across this site and joined in Nov. 2008 when I was looking for anything I could find about a 2010 Camaro. Everyone here is like a family. I get on here numerous times throughout the day just to see what is going on with everyone. Tim thanks for making such a great site!

Finally do you have anything you’d like to say to ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

Thanks for making this February better than last year’s!!! I am so glad a car brought me to such a great site with such great members. I consider y’all my friends I hope to meet someday. Thanks again for everyone that voted for me and nominated me every month.

~Cindal aka Camarochic

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 79 Old 02-09-2011, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Congrats!

I will add it to the front page ASAP, but right now I don't have access to do so for some reason lol

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
post #3 of 79 Old 02-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
Congrats

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.

post #4 of 79 Old 02-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats Cindal well deserved glad you finally got MOTM Great write up also well except for the wreck

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.

Last edited by bamaproshop; 02-09-2011 at 02:18 PM.
post #5 of 79 Old 02-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Veteran Member

(Congrats CamaroChic)

(Larry)
(Bruce USA-1 Larson) (Bill Grumpy Jenkins) (Jungle Jim Liberman) ( http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...stscano7-1.jpg )
post #6 of 79 Old 02-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

CONGRATS!!!!

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #7 of 79 Old 02-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats! Sad about the accident ... I would come totally unglued if someone hit me. Glad you're okay too! Pretty car and pretty girl!
post #8 of 79 Old 02-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Veteran Member

CONGRATS! welcome to the MCOTM club.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #9 of 79 Old 02-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats! What's up with the string of women?
post #10 of 79 Old 02-09-2011, 03:45 PM

^I was going to say the same, seems to be a trend of cute chicks & cars... certainly not complaining or anything

Great looking combo by the way, chrome wheels look hot with the red & black rally stripes & nice tint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page