July 2011 Member/Car of the Month: Camaro Scotty - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 Old 07-12-2011, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
July 2011 Member/Car of the Month: Camaro Scotty

You have been nominated as the Member of the Month for July 2011!!! How do you feel about that?
Very proud that people nominated and voted for me - I have so many great Camaro friends, and I love every one! It took longer than I wanted, but I have one for myself!

What got you started with your love for Chevy and the Camaro?

It started back in 1985 when I got out of High School. A local dealership had a low mileage 1981 Camaro Z-28 Stick. Black with stripes, air induction...An AWESOME car. The salesman threw this 18 year old at the time the keys and said be back in an hour. WHAT??? I was in shock and in heaven at the same time.... Needless to say I went to my friends house...laid down such a long burntout that lasted almost a year... Went back to the dealership, the papers ready to sign...My dad's face popped in my head, and I thought of the misery that would be inflicted if I pulled into the driveway with that car. I put down the pen, said I can't, and walked out. Two days later, I got a little ballsy, and decided to GO FOR IT. Well, it was sold. Three years later I was married, and the first time and MANY times after that, when I looked at Camaro's, I was told "it's impractical".... Almost 21 years later, I got the "OK"....and I wasted NO TIME getting one in the driveway!

Whats the Story Behind your 5thgen Camaro?

I wanted an SS (who doesn't) but my car is a year round, in the snow car...and the new 2LS model rated at 30MPG ! It is my canvas, and it will be painted into something I can call my own.

How did you come across ModernCamaro.com and what made you become a sponsor and stick around?

I think I actually found a link on a Corvette forum...and I got to chat with people with the same interest... Tim was one of the first, and I remember going to the autoshow in Chicago....meeting many more people. I also started on other forums, but this was the one with the least amount of drama. I have great respect for moderncamaro.com, Tim, and many of my friends here.

How did the Camaro or Chevy in general change your life?

Who would have thought I'd deliver over 80 cars to people in 32 different states, including Alaska and Hawaii?? Meeting firefighters, and working with customers in a sandbox in the Middle East, fighting for our Country for months, with one big thing on their minds.... GETTING A CAMARO. It became more than a job, it became a mission - a mission to provide one of the best delivery experiences, totally unlike any they've had before. Were they all perfect? No, a few had hiccups, but we MADE them work - whatever it took.

Finally do you have anything you’d like to say to ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

I've talked to and got emails from SO MANY PEOPLE since I've joined - Thank you! I have had calls from "people" on the inside, some without names - Thank you! I've had many people stop and visit the dealership - many who didn't buy from me, but many that I helped during their buying experience - Thank you! I've met people at shows, events, and Oshawa - I love you guys, I have never had so much fun (too much at times....) and met a greater group of people - it's a life changer! Finally, two people I have the greatest respect for, who are like a brother and sister to me, Anna Bearinger, and Eric Hall - two other forum sponsors who are at competing dealers....but who I have a GREAT working experience with - we are a team....a team sharing information, working with customers to find a specific car, and a team with Camaro love. Not all people have this love for competing dealerships....because other dealers usually are worried about themselves, not the customers..... Anna and Eric are the greatest, without them, I am only a fraction of "Camaro Scotty". Thank You!

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 Old 07-12-2011, 10:18 PM

Congratulation Scott

post #3 of 54 Old 07-13-2011, 05:22 AM
Veteran Member

(Congrats)

(Larry)
(Bruce USA-1 Larson) (Bill Grumpy Jenkins) (Jungle Jim Liberman) ( http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...stscano7-1.jpg )

post #4 of 54 Old 07-13-2011, 05:59 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats Scott well deserved and a great write up

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #5 of 54 Old 07-13-2011, 06:22 AM

Congrats.

2011 2SS CGM/IO Convertible - MySSt
post #6 of 54 Old 07-13-2011, 06:27 AM
Supporter of common sense

Congrats

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #7 of 54 Old 07-13-2011, 07:58 AM

Congrats brother, I swear I am going to buy a Camaro or V from you one day!!!!!!!

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #8 of 54 Old 07-13-2011, 08:20 AM

Congrats.
post #9 of 54 Old 07-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Way to go Scott! We are very proud to have you here and wish you the best!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #10 of 54 Old 07-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Support MC & Troops

Congrats My good man, great wright up &

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page