September 2011 Member/Car of the Month: Shawn29 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 Old 09-10-2011, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
September 2011 Member/Car of the Month: Shawn29

You have been nominated as the Member of the Month for September 2011!!!

What got you started with your love for Chevy and the Camaro?

I have always been a "Chevrolet" guy. Growing up I wanted a first gen Camaro , but never did get one. So when the 5th gen was introduced I knew I had to have one.

Whats the Story Behind your 5thgen Camaro?

Well when I oredered my car my wife was 6 months pregnant. I wanted to get this car for myself , but I wanted to also get it for my son to have one day. I went to the dealership to place my order on May 11th 2010 and at 5:21 pm order number NXRTCP was enterd in GM's order bank.

My son wasn't due until September 4th 2010 , but my wife went into pre-term labor on June 25th 2010 and my son , Easton was born. I had recieved email notification a few weeks earlier the the camaro had been built also. So when the car was delivered he was still in the hospital. Well I picked the car up on July 7th 2010 and on August 5th , Easton was able to come home. That was the day he was introduced to the Camaro. He was brought home from the hospital in the car. The car was built on June 4th and Easton was born exactly 3 weeks later on the 25th. If nothing else he will have a cool story to tell one day when people ask him about his Camaro!

How did you come across ModernCamaro.com and what made you become a supporting member and stick around?
I have been on other Camaro boards and had heard of ModernCamaro.com. I came over to check it out and really liked the atmosphere. So I decided to stick around awhile and haven't looked back. Its nice to have a place to come and discuss Camaros with other owners and if you have question or a problem with your car , you know you can get an answer here.

How did the Camaro or Chevy in general change your life?

After I bought the car I knew I wanted to be a part of a club. I started looking around a bit and came across a new club starting up in Charlotte , NC. So I decided to join the 5th Gen Camaro's of the Carolina's. I have had the chance to do things with my car and my family that I never would have if not for this club. We got to go to show at the Foodlion Autofair twice. We went to the Tail of The Dragon and Camaro's for Hero's. We also got together and went to Zmax dragway for the summer drag and brag series. I have met some of the coolest "car guys and gals" through this club and I owe it all to the 5th gen Camaro. All I can say is Thank You Chevrolet!!!

Finally do you have anything you’d like to say to ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?
The only thing I can say is , thanks to everyone who voted for me for Member of the Month. This is undoubtably the best Camaro site on the internet and I am honored to even have been nominated for this. Thanks again!

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 09-10-2011, 09:29 PM

Congrats!!
post #3 of 48 Old 09-10-2011, 09:57 PM

post #4 of 48 Old 09-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Veteran Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
post #5 of 48 Old 09-11-2011, 05:02 AM

Congratulations!
post #6 of 48 Old 09-11-2011, 05:26 AM
Veteran Member

CONGRATS

(Larry)
(Bruce USA-1 Larson) (Bill Grumpy Jenkins) (Jungle Jim Liberman) ( http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...stscano7-1.jpg )
post #7 of 48 Old 09-11-2011, 06:20 AM

You Da Man Shawn!! Congrats!

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
post #8 of 48 Old 09-11-2011, 06:31 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats and great write up

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #9 of 48 Old 09-11-2011, 07:10 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats

Buzz
2010 Synergy Green 1LT

post #10 of 48 Old 09-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Support MC & Troops

Congrats

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page