September 2012 Member/Car of the Month: Patriotpa - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 09-11-2012, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
September 2012 Member/Car of the Month: Patriotpa

You have been nominated as the Member of the Month for September 2012!!!

Temporary MOTM picture

What got you started with your love for Chevy and the Camaro?
I grew up with a wrench in my hand, in the garage helping my dad, working on cars and anything else mechanical. He worked on just about anything for friends and family. If you couldn't get parts for it anymore, it didn't stop him. He'd either rebuild the old part, or make a new one. He kept my beat up old VW running when I was a kid, no matter how badly I abused it. I learned a lot from him. GM muscle looked and sounded so cool when I was growing up in the 60s and 70s. They always turned heads. I've had a love for fast cars since I was a kid, but never had one of my own until the 5th Gen came out. Other things always took priority....until now.

Whats the Story Behind your 5thgen Camaro?

I wanted a Corvette since I was little, and still do, but when I saw the Camaro concept in 2006, the'Vette took a back seat. This new Camaro blew me away! Classic and modern at the same time, and with a Corvette engine! Even sitting still this car says HANG ON, you're going for a ride! Originally I wasn't even looking for a car, as my Silverado does everything I need. Once I saw it, I was awestruck by it's beautiful lines. Everything about this car screams American Muscle, with style, and with a retro yet modern look. I had to have one, and as soon as production started I searched until I found a dealer who wasn't asking 5 or 10K above MSRP, and ordered mine from Faulkner Chevrolet in May 2009. I was on pins and needles waiting for it to arrive. I checked the Spastic Squirrel site almost every day for news, and I'm sure my dealer got tired of me asking for updates. When I drove up to get it on Aug 7, 2009, I was in heaven! I hadn't even sat in one yet, and took it for a spin before we started the paperwork. What a car! It was everything the reviewers said it was! Mike Judge sent me a signed litho for it, #45. At the 2011 picnic up in Pittsburgh I even met Scott Settlemire (FbodFather), and he signed my car! What a great guy. This guy is Chevrolet, through and through, and he's full of good stories.

Later I gave it a few personal touches. SS lettering on the power bulge, Defenderworx chrome driving light bezels, faded gills, lettered the engine cover, K&N filter, quarter flares, and a full set of McGard locking lug nuts. Nothing major, as the car is just about perfect as-is.

How did you come across ModernCamaro.com and what made you stick around?

I found about the same time I found another Camaro site, and was using both of them pretty much equally until I realized the people and moderators at were worlds above the other place. The people here are great, and help when they can. The mods keep things in check, removing trolls and keeping the peace with a light hand. This place feels friendly.

How did the Camaro or Chevy in general change your life?

Chevy in general? We've had many different cars and truck over the years, and GM's vehicles seem to never quit running. They just last. My Silverado has 250,000 miles on it and still running strong!

The Camaro?
It's been an adventure. Everyone looks at it. It's almost caused a few traffic accidents from people looking at it. They hang out the windows and yell. Because of the Transformers connection, kids really go nuts when they see it. Strangers come up and want to talk about it. People stand in front of it to get their picture taken. It's a little annoying sometimes, but they're just having fun. I understand completely. I have never enjoyed a car a much as this one. It handles like a dream. Very easy to drive. Cars were just a way to get places until I bought the Camaro. Now I know better. In a world filled with ugly little econoboxes and virtually identical sedans, this car is art on wheels. A near-perfect melding of art and technology. There's a reason it's won so many awards. It deserves them.

Finally do you have anything you’d like to say to ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

Go directly to your Chevrolet dealer and drive one of these remarkable cars.

Oh,....and bring your checkbook, because you'll fall in love.

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 09-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats well deserved and great write up

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 23 Old 09-12-2012, 05:33 AM
ユキヒョウ

Big Congrats

2019 1SS/1LE

post #4 of 23 Old 09-12-2012, 06:04 AM
Veteran Member

(CONGRATS.)

(Larry)
(Bruce USA-1 Larson) (Bill Grumpy Jenkins) (Jungle Jim Liberman) ( http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...stscano7-1.jpg )
post #5 of 23 Old 09-12-2012, 06:18 AM
Veteran Member

Good job Patroit.... Awesome write-up!!! Big Congrats.....
post #6 of 23 Old 09-12-2012, 08:19 AM

Garage
Congrats, man!!!!

'14 1LS
'13 1LT/RS
Camaro Family
post #7 of 23 Old 09-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats, well deserved...

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
post #8 of 23 Old 09-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Congrats!! Great story as I really was looking forward to reading it!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #9 of 23 Old 09-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats!!!!

2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS ZEX Wet Shot, Typhoon 63 series CAI, DR Formato Tuned
JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

post #10 of 23 Old 09-13-2012, 03:18 PM

Congrats man!!! Well deserved.

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page