February 2013 Member/Car Of the Month: HYPURONE - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 02-20-2013, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Bully Proof

Garage
February 2013 Member/Car Of the Month: HYPURONE

MODERNCAMARO
FEBRUARY MEMBER/CAMARO OF THE MONTH

HYPURONE

Congratulations Hypurone! You are the February Member/Car of the Month here at ModernCamaro.com.

Woo Hoo! Been here a long time, glad to finally make it!

We all want to know a little more about you and your Camaro so I have a few questions or you.
Will you share with us what began your love for cars and/or the Camaro specifically?

I was one of those that was born with the "go faster, go harder" gene. As an 8yr old I put a lawn mower engine on my home-made go-kart etc. One day my Dad brought home a Burgundy 67 Sting Ray Thought I'd died and gone to heaven at 10 years old! And even tho that 'vette was cool as hell, it didn't grab me like the first Camaro I saw.

Fast forward a bit and I am out buying my own first car with money I had saved from years of odd jobs and my first real world job as a 16 yr old.

Now I had been "into" cars for awhile and had even been driving them long before actually being licensed to do so! I knew I wanted a 67-69 Camaro. But of course with my budget and all the Camaro's either being completely trashed or completely restored, I couldn't get it done.

So I bought a 65 GTO and the infection worsened to the point there was no curing it, PERIOD!

Please share with us the story behind your 5th Gen Camaro?

Many cars, bikes and trucks down the road and all the while pondering a Camaro as it went thru what I call the dark years. Then the news of an all new Camaro coming.... Could this finally be the one?

I had serious thoughts of just doing a restore project on a 67-69 til one day while getting my truck smogged a magazine caught my eye with "Camaro Final Production Photos Released" as the front page.

After finally seeing what they would actually look like in production it was like I had fallen off the wagon!! I was drunk on Camaro again!

I asked my smog guy if I could take the mag home with me and I showed my wonderful wife. Now she didn't really like to ride in my 3rd Gen Twin Turbo RX7 much. It was too hardcore for her. So I knew she would jump at the chance to get into something else. She thought the new Camaro was great looking etc but no real spark. Hmmmm.

2 days later we were headed downtown for some lunch. I'm driving along day dreaming about the new Camaro when she screams at the top of her lungs that there is a new one on the lot as we approached the Chevy dealer.

After swallowing the blood from biting my tongue (I guess it was hanging out of my mouth during my day dream) and trying not to crap my pants at the same time, I swerved into the dealer lot like a sugar'ed up 10yr old on a sleep over.

Now I was thinking maybe, just maybe she will get into it. She was out of the car before I even got it stopped and was in the Camaro before I managed to get out of the car. I walk up casually and say, What do you think of it?" Her response? "We gotta get one of these!"

I ordered my 2SS/RS Silver Ice Metallic A6 w/ Factory Rallies a week later after exhausting all prospects of finding one on a lot that wasn't marked up 5-10k. Actually I did find one that was exactly as I wanted (10k over MSRP!) but that is a different story on how karma will kick your ass if you are gouging someone on price.

It was an agonizing 4 month wait. But the day it showed up was like winning the lottery!! Talk about a long ride home from work....

How did you discover ModernCamaro.com and what has kept you here?

I had to do something to help pass the time while waiting for the car. So I hit the interwebz and found some Camaro sites. MC seemed a bit more relaxed than the others and no bashing going on. Tim was really cool as a Mod/Owner. I asked for and he sent me some forum cards which I thought was awesome and I chose to make ModernCamaro my home base.

Yes, I went on other sites to broaden my horizons. But MC was my fav. Folks were appreciative of my automotive knowledge (was a tech/service mgr for 20years) and everyone got along.

And finally, do you have anything you'd like to add to the ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

Whatever choices you make, they are yours and yours alone. Make what choices YOU want and you will be happiest.

Even though the Camaro is the absolute coolest muscle car there is and we all are extremely passionate about it, remember to be gracious about it.

My wingman has a Mustang and I gladly hang out and go for blast sessions with him. We can all enjoy our cars our way and get along doing it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 02-20-2013, 08:21 PM

congratzz...!
post #3 of 37 Old 02-21-2013, 02:43 AM

Congrats man!! Nice write up.

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/

post #4 of 37 Old 02-21-2013, 04:57 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Nice write up...

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
post #5 of 37 Old 02-21-2013, 06:49 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by monzaruba View Post
congratzz...!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Freak View Post
Congrats man!! Nice write up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
Nice write up...
Thanks all, much appreciated.

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #6 of 37 Old 02-21-2013, 06:59 AM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
Congratulations!

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #7 of 37 Old 02-21-2013, 07:50 AM

Garage
Beautiful car. Where did you get the red/white/blue bowtie for under the hood? Love it! Steve
post #8 of 37 Old 02-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanChevy View Post
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurenthebag View Post
Beautiful car. Where did you get the red/white/blue bowtie for under the hood? Love it! Steve
Thanks man! I got the hood decal from Reggie. I don't see him listed as a site sponsor anymore for some reason so check your PM....

Chuck
MyCamaroBuildInfo

post #9 of 37 Old 02-21-2013, 08:48 AM
Veteran Member

Congrats!! sharp Car!!

2012 1SS/RS IBM M6 Halltech YellowJacket CAI, Kooks 1/7/8 LT's Corsa Sport CatBack SLP 160 Stat
426/424 rwhp/rwtq Kaltech Tune SOLD!!!!

April 2013 COTM Winner
post #10 of 37 Old 02-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSSS View Post
Congrats!! sharp Car!!
Thanks, appreciate it....

Chuck
MyCamaroBuildInfo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page