May Member/Car Of the Month 2013: RacnJsn95 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 05-07-2013, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Bully Proof

Garage
May Member/Car Of the Month 2013: RacnJsn95

MODERNCAMARO
MAY MEMBER/CAMARO OF THE MONTH

RacnJsn95

Congratulations RacnJsn95! You are the May Member/Car of the Month here at ModernCamaro.com.

I have to admit I was surprised to be nominated a couple times, and to finally actually end up as Member/Car of the month. Mainly because I am a vendor, I figured I would never be picked... But I am very pleased to be the May '13 choice!

We all want to know a little more about you and your Camaro so I have a few questions for you...
Will you share with us what began your love for cars and/or the Camaro specifically?

I grew up in a gear head family, we always had hot rods, are into racing anything on wheels, and always trying to make things go faster. My father had a 67 Camaro SS drag car when I was a kid, which evolved into a Super Eliminator rail towards the end of his drag career. It seemed like I lived at the races growing up. I've owned more cars than I can count on both of my hands & feet, and probably yours too... When I first heard about, and then saw the 5th gen Camaro concept car, I thought to myself, "GM, you better make this!", and knew than if they did make it, I WOULD have one eventually.

Please share with us the story behind your 5th Gen Camaro?

The 5th gen started selling the summer I was 24 in 2009. Early on, I had decided that I would wait for the 2011 cars to start rolling out to work out the bugs. Of course that didn't pan out, and I made it a "goal" to be able to get one for my self on my 25th birthday in January 2010... I was a little late, and ended up getting the car in early April 2010... It's funny, I went to the dealership just to look at them because I hadn't seen one up close. I told the salesman I just wanted to sit in one to see if I even liked it and to see if it was comfortable. I sat it in, then he asked if I wanted to take it for a test drive... I though to myself, "Sure, this will probably be the only chance you get to drive a new Camaro"... So I test drove a Synergy Green 2LT v6 Auto, having no intentions of buying it, arrived back at the lot, and set out looking through the stock for an LS car. Everything they had was fully loaded w/ extras 2LT etc... I told the salesman, if I was going to spend 29k on a v6 car, I might as well spend 31 on a 1SS, to which he replied "oh sure we can do that"... Typical salesman... All the SS cars they had were 2SS automatics, which was more than I wanted to spend, and I really wanted a manual... About ready to walk off the lot because they had nothing that I couldn't live without, I spotted my car way in the back, a new 1SS manual... And the rest is history.

How did you discover ModernCamaro.com and what has kept you here?

I think I found it on a search looking for 5th gen Camaro forums. Back when I joined ModernCamaro it was pretty hoppin' with activity, and it didn't seem to have all the drama associated with most other online communities. It does seem to have slowed down a lot, and I generally only comment when there is something relevant to be said, but I am always watching youuu. I stay around because there isn't a lot of drama, as mentioned previously...

And finally, do you have anything you'd like to add to the ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

I'd like to thank you guys for allowing me to be Member/Car of the month. I'd also like to say thanks to everyone for their patronage over the years to my small business. Keep on doing what you do, and keep the place drama free; I will continue to stick around

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-07-2013, 09:29 AM

nice...congratz...

like your story...!

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii75/monzaruba/foto3_zps6fbde664.jpg
A Camaro you steer with the rear wheels...!
post #3 of 19 Old 05-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Veteran Member

Pretty dang awesome!!! Congrats on the win.... Well deserved.

post #4 of 19 Old 05-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats on winning!

And on being able to get your car quickly and without all the shenanigans that were going on that early in production. I ended up having to order and wait 4 months due to price gouging etc....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #5 of 19 Old 05-07-2013, 04:31 PM

Congrats bro!!

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
post #6 of 19 Old 05-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Congrats! Great story too, looking fwd to doing business with you!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #7 of 19 Old 05-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Veteran Member

Great story!! And thanks for all the info you bring to the table!! It's always good reading your posts!!

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #8 of 19 Old 05-08-2013, 05:29 AM
Support MC & Troops

Congrats & now your in one of the 'st club..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #9 of 19 Old 05-08-2013, 06:27 AM

Garage
Congratulations!!!

Dodger
http://www.southjerseycamaro.com
ModernCamaro Member/Car of the Month: May 2012
post #10 of 19 Old 05-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Veteran Member

Congrats!!!!

2012 1SS/RS IBM M6 Halltech YellowJacket CAI, Kooks 1/7/8 LT's Corsa Sport CatBack SLP 160 Stat
426/424 rwhp/rwtq Kaltech Tune SOLD!!!!

April 2013 COTM Winner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page