November Member/Car Of the Month 2013: MAROLUVR - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 11-09-2013, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Bully Proof

Garage
November Member/Car Of the Month 2013: MAROLUVR

MODERNCAMARO
NOVEMBER MEMBER/CAMARO OF THE MONTH

MAROLUVR

Congratulations MAROLUVR! You are the November Member/Car of the Month here at ModernCamaro.com

I have to admit, I was completely surprised when I won MOTM. I wasn't even aware that I had been nominated until I got a pm from Chapel congratulating me. I had been busy with my hunting trip and getting my nephew set up on his first deer hunt. So I hadn't been on here for a couple of weeks.

We all want to know a little more about you and your Camaro so I have a few questions for you...
Will you share with us what began your love for cars and/or the Camaro specifically?

I grew up in the muscle car era. The parking lot at high school looked like one of the cruise nights around here these days. When I was looking for my first car I had a hard time getting a car I liked. My dad was against anything that even resembled a hot rod. First I brought home a 65 chevelle SS in blue, dad didn't like it. Then I brought home a 69 440 GTX....NO WAY! Then one of our parrish priest was looking to by a new car so, I had him bring his car by for dad to look at.... a 69 Chevelle vert that was gold with a white top and interior...."No, you'll roll it and kill yourself" he said. Then one day I went to the dealership where my folks bought their cars at. I was looking around the lot at several cars when I spotted a red 67 Camaro RS 327 with a white vinyl top that had just been brought out on the lot. I went over to and started to look at it when one of the salesmen approached me and asked if he could help. I asked him if "Jack" (the guy who my folks bought there cars from and a friend of theirs) was there that day. He stated he was so, I told him to go get him. He came out and we talked about it for awhile and took it for a test drive. Then for the hard part, getting it past the old man. Well as Jack knew my dad he offered to come to the house with me and talk to my dad about it. We went to the house and after talking to Jack there wasn't much my dad could do but to let me buy it. That had to be the best day of my life at that point. After driving it to school my friends all said how cool it was and it appealed to the girls as I had three new girlfriends in the next few weeks. I was in Hog Heaven. Once a youth group I was in during high school put out their monthly newsletter with peoples "Theme Songs", Mine was " I'm in love with my car" by Queen. And yes it was fitting, my girlfriend at the time always accused me of spending more on my car than on her..... Well YEAH.... It was the worst daay of my life when the old man made me sell it when the tranny went out in it. he wouldn't sign the note to get it (and the rest of the car) cherried out but he did sign one for the same amount for a different car!
Later on I was the driver for a machine shops drag car, a 70 Cuda 440 Mag. the owner was a very large man and they could not make their brackets as he was too big for the car. A friend of mine who was a machinist for him talked him into letting me drive the car.
They reset the car for me and we started making our brackets and winnig them. Then one race we only had to win the next race to qualify for the Summer Nationals. Well the owner decided he was going to run this race so we would be "sure" to win. Long story short....He lost......Miserably!!!! I quit the team right there as did most of the rest of the team. That was the end of my drag racing carreer.

Please share with us the story behind your 5th Gen Camaro?

As I had always missed my 67 I always wanted to get another Camaro some day. I never was able to get around to getting another first gen Camaro and the later gens never really did much for me. No offense to you all who have 2nd through 4th gen Camaros. But one day I saw the new 5th gen Camaro online and was in love all over again. I put out a quote request online and got a number of responses from local dealers. But like many at the time, most of them were wanting @ $ 5k over MSRP for them, except one. It also happened to be the second closest dealership to the house @ 5 Miles from the house. He offered to sell me ANY Camaro that I wanted for below invoice! So I arranged for a test drive and to meet with the salesman. When I got there he handed me the keys and said "It's the red one out front......Have fun." I thought it strange that he had no desire to go with me on the test drive even though they were having there lunch at the time. So I get in it and get things set for me and check out the interior. I got out on the road and went somewhere where I could "Get the feel of it". As this was in the area where I grew up I knew just where to go. After opening it up, I was completely amazed at the amount of power it had. I was going over xxx miles an hour in short order in a 35 zone. I went back to the dealership and told him I Wanted One!!!! So I told him all I wanted it to have, 2SS/RS in RJT with white rally stripes. He said he would look around and see what was around. Later that day he called me and said he found one just the way I wanted @ 100 miles away and did I want it? I told him I did and he said he could have it here the next business day. This was on a Saturday and I took delivery on the following Wendsday. That was the longest few days I've had to endure for some time. Baby and I have been very close since!!

How did you discover ModernCamaro.com and what has kept you here?

I found MC after seaching around for a Camaro forum. Yes I checked out that "Other" site but after lurking around there for a while it was clear that it was not my kind of place. Too many people that were high on themselfs. Found another site but it was extremely slow as far as traffic. Then I found MC. Folks were freindlier and had good info on modding. Though I do miss alot of the old people who use to be here and there are too many to name them all. But on the other hand there's still lots of good folks here, so I'll be callin MC home for the forseeable future.

And finally, do you have anything you'd like to add to the ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

First of all I'd like to thank HotrodHoodrat for the nomination for this months MOTM. And to ENVY for her previous nomination. And to all the other fine members here, you are all the best!!! This place may not have all the traffic that the "other" site has but they will never have the family feel to it that this place has! May you all drive your "Babies" for a very long time!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 11-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats Maroluvr ... its kind of funny how many have ties in some way to the first gens and end up in these 5th gens ... nice write up

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #3 of 28 Old 11-09-2013, 03:36 PM

nice write up...!
Congratzz...!

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii75/monzaruba/foto3_zps6fbde664.jpg
A Camaro you steer with the rear wheels...!

post #4 of 28 Old 11-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats nice write up.. awesome photos

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #5 of 28 Old 11-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Veteran Member

(CONGRATS) Good looking Camaro.

(Larry)
(Bruce USA-1 Larson) (Bill Grumpy Jenkins) (Jungle Jim Liberman) ( http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...stscano7-1.jpg )
post #6 of 28 Old 11-09-2013, 05:00 PM

Garage
Congratulations!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Dodger
http://www.southjerseycamaro.com
ModernCamaro Member/Car of the Month: May 2012
post #7 of 28 Old 11-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats again man!! It's funny how customer service was in the past compared to how it is now. I mean, the salesman came to your house to talk to your dad so you could have the car. That's awesome. Keep enjoying that RJT SS...RJT is def the way to go LOL!!

BTW, the site you mentioned that had slow traffic. Was that a site named "Camaro Forums"?

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #8 of 28 Old 11-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats!!!

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #9 of 28 Old 11-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Veteran Member

post #10 of 28 Old 11-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Congrats on the win! Nice story too!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page