December 2013 Member/Car Of the Month: kc0cmj - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 12-17-2013, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Bully Proof

Garage
December 2013 Member/Car Of the Month: kc0cmj

MODERNCAMARO
DECEMBER MEMBER/CAMARO OF THE MONTH

kc0cmj

Congratulations kc0cmj! You are the December Member/Car of the Month here at ModernCamaro.com

Thank you very much, it was a surprise to be nomintated, I love to read on here and post help when I can.

We all want to know a little more about you and your Camaro so I have a few questions for you...
Will you share with us what began your love for cars and/or the Camaro specifically?

I have always loved to go fast, when I was a kid, it was how fast can I ride my bicycle. My first “sports car” was a Pontiac Fiero, I paid cash as my first car I bought on my own. It was just a little 4 cylinder but I loved that car. After that there were many cars, but with kids and the income I had, nothing real sporty per say and nothing that ever put me back in my seat and nothing I really loved to drive.

Please share with us the story behind your 5th Gen Camaro?

I work for a GM dealership as a Service Manager, I have been doing it for the past 13 years so I have seen many cars come and go. The first brand new 5th Gen we got on the lot was beautiful, but just couldn’t see myself spending the money on it. Fast forward a little bit and my best friend got stationed overseas in Iraq on his 3rd tour, while there he wanted me to install a new cd player in his 2002 Camaro SS and to drive it and fix whatever needed fixing so it was good to go when he got back. I got to thinking about it and instead of the CD player he provided I bought and installed a complete new system including all new speakers I built a custom box for a 10 in the rear and a new amp, I used to do car audio, it was my thank you for serving our country and for always being there as a friend. We have been friends for 25 years now. While I was working on it, of course I had to drive it off and on. I loved driving it. I loved being put into the seat on takeoff. He had some motor work done and a lot of brake and suspension work. I loved going fast and the feel of it. It made me really want one even more. I have always wanted a muscle car but with smaller kids it was never an option. A year or so later the Transformers movie came out and I saw the new ones. I was awestruck. I work as a service manager for a GM dealership and one day mine pulled up on the drive to be checked in and I thought to myself, self, you have to have that car. I talk myself out of everything because I am a cheap skate, including this car, it sat here for 1 full day and I had told my wife about it in the morning when I talked to her. She came down to my work at lunch to surprise me and said let’s take a ride. It didn’t take long into the ride and my wonderful wife said to get it. She loved it too. She left after my lunch break to go back home, and I was told not to come home without that car. She even called me before I left work and said I better be coming home with that car. So, I had to do what my wife told me to!! We love going out in the car together and getting all the head stares.

How did you discover ModernCamaro.com and what has kept you here?

I was doing a search for modifications and the forum popped up. I was off and on for a few days and decided to sign up and meet people and I am glad that I did, I stay around due to not a lot of drama and I like to give my insight when I can.

And finally, do you have anything you'd like to add to the ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

Thanks for the nominations.. I enjoy talking to everyone and helping people out when I can. I can normally always log on and smile by the time I am done looking at the new posts!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 12-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member

Congrats on winning!! And great write up! You could have always put a 350 in that little Fiero, lol!! But anyway, you've got an awesome wife for supporting you in getting your dream car!! Great story!

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #3 of 27 Old 12-17-2013, 12:01 PM

Congratulations kc0cmj. That was a fun read and I too want to say, HORAH to the wife!!! She's a keeper.

post #4 of 27 Old 12-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Thank you guys!.. She is definately a keeper... The wife too!

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month
post #5 of 27 Old 12-17-2013, 01:41 PM

Garage
Congrats. Its long overdue. And a special thanks to the wife for "making you" buy the car!

November 2013 MOTM
post #6 of 27 Old 12-17-2013, 02:07 PM

Congratzz...!

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii75/monzaruba/foto3_zps6fbde664.jpg
A Camaro you steer with the rear wheels...!
post #7 of 27 Old 12-17-2013, 02:09 PM

Garage
Congratulations. Your Camaro looks awesome with the chrome wheels.
post #8 of 27 Old 12-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats well deserved and awesome write up cudos to wife

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #9 of 27 Old 12-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Veteran Member

(CONGRATS) on your win.

(Larry)
(Bruce USA-1 Larson) (Bill Grumpy Jenkins) (Jungle Jim Liberman) ( http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...stscano7-1.jpg )
post #10 of 27 Old 12-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Thank you guys..

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page