October 2014 Member/Car Of the Month: LorcinLS1 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 10-27-2014, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Bully Proof

Garage
October 2014 Member/Car Of the Month: LorcinLS1

MODERNCAMARO
OCTOBER MEMBER/CAMARO OF THE MONTH

LorcinLS1

Congratulations LorcinLS1! You are the October Member/Car of the Month here at ModernCamaro.com

WOW!! if there was ever a month I'd want to win, it would be October.

(Envy's Note: Scott submitted pictures of both Camaro's so I decided to include some shots of each.)

We all want to know a little more about you and your Camaro so I have a few questions for you...
Will you share with us what began your love for cars and/or the Camaro specifically?

Well my father always tells the story how when he came to visit me in the new born nursery that he brought a toy car with him. I guess that's where it started. I was always around my grandfathers and father whenever work had to be done to one of their vehicles. Even before I was driving I servicing cars. Now as far as the Camaro goes, I do remember the late 2nd gens new, but what really caught my attention was the third gens. I can remember constantly seeing them in 82 and thinking how I wanted one. I was just drawn to their design. Then later years brought the IROC-Z to Trans Am GTA, man those things were just fine to me. I really wanted to buy a blue iroc when I graduated high school but that was slightly out of reach so, I found a 68 firebird 400 and bought it. The firebird was a driving project. When I finally decided to go college I sold it as it was hard to have a project car and focus on school. I just didn't have time to finish it. When I got close to finishing school I fell in love with the redesign of the 4th gen and bought a 98 v6 Camaro. I drove that car like there was no tomorrow putting 20,000 miles on it in one yr. At my time of graduating , I traded it for a still new on the lot 98 Z28,, now we're talking. Later I moved up to what started my part of our current car collection a 2000 Sebring Silver M6 Convertible Camaro SS. I don't see myself ever selling it. What most don't understand is how I can own something and hardly drive it. Well when I was focused on school and having to work I was in my garage pathetically working on my garden tractor when I did have a moment. That was a rough period of life not to have a real toy. Then later (including now) to have a Camaro in the garage again is a satisfying feeling, just owning it means everything was worth it.

Please share with us the story behind your 5th Gen Camaro?

For the unveil in 06, GM invited 250 enthusiasts to the event. That was a once in a lifetime experience. Over the years I had become friends online thru f body forums with people all over the country. This was probably the first big event to put faces to all of those forum names. Imagine an entire hotel with all of your friends staying there. It was a blast. Since then many of these people became even closer friends and all of this because of a Camaro. We got to go to the heritage center the night before and that place was jaw dropping. The next day we went to cobo hall to see the unveil and what an emotional experience that was. Once the ropes were dropped the car was surrounded by hundreds of people. I have a pic of my index finger touching the car. With the wife being one of the disciples, we were able to get an early order with the special RPO code resulting in 2010 Camaro 2SS RS 6 speed number 182. We even have photos of the car on the assembly line and can't thank Mike Judge enough for that.

How did you discover ModernCamaro.com and what has kept you here?

I've been here since the beginning (5thgen.org). After the unveil event was over, everyone was hanging out in the hotel's atrium. I wound up talking with the guys who started this site. They told me about the forum and bam...I've been here ever since.

And finally, do you have anything you'd like to add to the ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

It's nice to be part of this forum. The drama here has stayed minimal since the beginning thanks to you guys. Keep on posting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 10-28-2014, 12:10 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats and way long over due

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 20 Old 10-28-2014, 06:04 AM

Garage
Congratulations!

Dodger
http://www.southjerseycamaro.com
ModernCamaro Member/Car of the Month: May 2012

post #4 of 20 Old 10-28-2014, 06:56 AM
Veteran Member

(( CONGRATS ))

(Larry)
(Bruce USA-1 Larson) (Bill Grumpy Jenkins) (Jungle Jim Liberman) ( http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...stscano7-1.jpg )
post #5 of 20 Old 10-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Big Congrats on the MOTM.

Who knew the fountain of youth came with 400+ HP!
ModernCamaro Car of the Month July 2014
post #6 of 20 Old 10-28-2014, 11:44 AM
Camaro Focus Group Member

It's great to read the story. It brought me back to the unveil and all the excitement around it. Good times! Also, I just have to add that I am so lucky to have the coolest gearhead husband ever! Congrats on being MOTM!

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #7 of 20 Old 10-28-2014, 11:49 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Congrats Buddy, way over due! Love ya both!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #8 of 20 Old 10-28-2014, 01:38 PM
I PAID MY DUES!!

Those are some awesome photos buddy! Congrats on this months title! Your info is an excellent read! Congrats man!

"Monica" 2014 1 LT Summit White LFX w/ VMAX throttle body, BBK CAI, E2 catch can w\ clean air separator, Weather Tech all around floor mats, PFYC.com OEM spoiler, CORSA w\ XO-Pipe Sport Performance exhaust, and much more to come!
post #9 of 20 Old 10-28-2014, 06:10 PM

Congratzz...nice story...!!!

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii75/monzaruba/foto3_zps6fbde664.jpg
A Camaro you steer with the rear wheels...!
post #10 of 20 Old 10-28-2014, 06:35 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats....love the write up....WELCOME to the club

2013 2LT/ RS Blue Ray Metallic VERT..."Cami"
2010 Grabber Blue Mustang VERT......."Stella Blue"

January 2014 MC Member of the Month!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page