April 2015 Member/Car Of the Month: lesli66 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 04-18-2015, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Bully Proof

Garage
April 2015 Member/Car Of the Month: lesli66

MODERNCAMARO
APRIL MEMBER/CAMARO OF THE MONTH

lesli66

Congratulations lesli66! You are the April Member/Car of the Month here at ModernCamaro.com

I just want to say thanks to Vegasgirl for nominating me, and everyone for the votes, this is such a great forum with awesome people!

We all want to know a little more about you and your Camaro so I have a few questions for you...
Will you share with us what began your love for cars and/or the Camaro specifically?

My dad was always into muscle cars, one of the first cars I can remember was a 66 or 67 Chevelle. From there he had 69-70 Chevelles, El Caminos, T-bird, olds convertible. My brother had a 70ís Camaro that I was always jealous of. When I was a senior in high school and looking for a car, my dad had a weak moment and almost considered letting me buy a 1980 Camaro. After he thought about it a little more, I ended up with a Subaru! In my 20ís, I had a í67 Mustang that had a factory 390, it was a sweet ride, but I sold it a year after my oldest was born. Even after my dad put seatbelts in to accommodate the car seat, no one ever wanted to ride in the backseat!

Please share with us the story behind your 5th Gen Camaro?

I have loved the look of the 5th gen since the first Transformers movie came out, fell in love with Bumblebee, but they were a bit spendy when they first came out. I looked at one in 2010, and was really only interested in a 6 cylinder, for practical reasons Ė gas mileage, insurance costs, and purchase price. My now ex-husband said, ďif we canít get an 8 (cylinder), we arenít getting oneĒ. So after he was gone, I had settled on a Chevy Malibu which was good little car, cheap insurance and good gas mileage, still dreaming of someday getting a Camaro. Last July, I saw the commercials for Chevyís 72 hour sale featuring the Camaro, and thought WTH, I might as well look into it. Contacted a dealer, and within 36 hours had a deal to drive to Salt Lake City to pick up my new Camaro, a red LS Manual. Obviously not the one I bought, drove the manual, didnít like it, so went with the white LS automatic. Absolutely love my wicked beauty, love the gas mileage with the 6 cyl 23/33, same insurance rate and similar enough payment to make me wonder why I didnít get one sooner!

How did you discover ModernCamaro.com and what has kept you here?

I was looking for information on Camaros and stumbled upon ModernCamaro.com. Itís such an awesome site with lots of good information. But the people are what makes it, everyone acts like adults and still has a great time! I feel a little overboard about my car sometimes, but I am so happy to know there are other Camaro crazed people out there

And finally, do you have anything you'd like to add to the ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

People thought I was nuts when I bought my car (ok, family), but you wait all your life to do this or get that. My feeling was if not now, when? When is the right time to get my dream car? Live life to the fullest every day and do what makes YOU happy. I get some strange looks since I also deliver pizza in my Camaro part-time, but who cares? I get to drive a smoking hot car, and make money, nothing wrong with that!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 04-18-2015, 09:38 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats lesli66...now get the boyfriend to join MC and show us HIS awesome Camaro

2013 2LT/ RS Blue Ray Metallic VERT..."Cami"
2010 Grabber Blue Mustang VERT......."Stella Blue"

January 2014 MC Member of the Month!

post #3 of 19 Old 04-18-2015, 12:15 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Congrats! Great story behind it all!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body

post #4 of 19 Old 04-18-2015, 12:35 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Cool story and nice car. Congrats and welcome to the club!

Who knew the fountain of youth came with 400+ HP!
ModernCamaro Car of the Month July 2014
post #5 of 19 Old 04-18-2015, 12:59 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
Congratulations!!!

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
post #6 of 19 Old 04-18-2015, 01:25 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Congratulations!!!

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #7 of 19 Old 04-18-2015, 02:31 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Congrats well deserved cool write up

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #8 of 19 Old 04-19-2015, 12:29 PM
Support MC & Troops

Congrats & Welcome to the exclusive club

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #9 of 19 Old 04-20-2015, 06:02 AM

Welcome To the Club. Looking Good!
post #10 of 19 Old 04-20-2015, 09:39 AM

Garage
Congratulations

Dodger
http://www.southjerseycamaro.com
ModernCamaro Member/Car of the Month: May 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page