Clear Bra. Don't go to Tint-King - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Northeast Members ME, NH, VT, MA, CT, RI, NY, PA, NJ, MD, DE
Also visit: NY 5TH GEN

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 06-30-2009, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Clear Bra. Don't go to Tint-King

I got a decent quote $650 from Tint-king.com in Billerica to do my car. They had it last Friday for the whole day. They had so much trouble they didn't even finish and rushed me out of there without even paying or getting my address even. I was supposed to come back this Thursday and let them finish. They had lots of issues with their computer and patterns. Well long story short I found out last night when I was checking out my car why the owner was so anxious to get me out of there.

Looks like they had more trouble than I thought. They deny they did this and I'm gonna have to let the INS company go after them. They refused to even give me their insurance info. There was minor wheel damage too. Looks like they flipped it off the ramp they used to bring the car up to work on or something. Don't know. Many ways they could have done it I guess. Any way you could do this driving does not fit the damage. I know I didnt do it and I know the dealer or transport (rail and hauler) didnt do it. I have pictures to prove this. I speculate they were hoping I wouldnt find the damage and wouldn't come back. One of the last things this guy Brian Timm said to me today was this "You were never here, you never paid me, your not a customer, you were never here" I said good luck with that and left.

Too bad they won't do the right thing and admit they did it. Estimate is 2k plus from the dealer and it will get fixed correctly.

2LT RS RJT M6
On Black leather

4/29/09 Ordered, 5/4/09 Status 1100, 5/5/09 Status 2000, 5/6/09 Status 3000, 5/30 3300, 6/4 3400 #17537,
6/12 3800, 6/23 5000, 6/24 6000 She's home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Veteran Member

That a bad situation man... did they try and use a hammer to get the thing on... with everything the guy said just sounds shady, he knows they messed up, thats why business have insurance... either way good luck hopefully everything works out

IBM 2SS/RS, M6, Blk Leather...
CAI, ARH Headers, Flowmasters, Diablosport tuned, Barton short-throw
Ordered 3/19 Delivered 8/12 VIN# 21970
94' Z28 sold 12/14/09
post #3 of 13 Old 06-30-2009, 09:13 PM

holy crap that f-ing sucks i would be furious keep us posted on what happenes sry man

GTFO of here with your ricer math

post #4 of 13 Old 07-01-2009, 05:28 AM

Not to generalize, but typically tint shops are not the best place to go to get a clear bra. They do tint... and installing clear bras is very different. I find that they usually end up with a poor install because they do not get enough practice using film... since they are so busy tinting. Cheaper is not always better... for many reasons. I can tell you right now they do not do their own patterns and it sounds like an excuse for poor workmanship. They might have been trying to buy time ot fix what they messed up.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Thanks for posting though... would hat to see people make the same mistake by going to the same place.
post #5 of 13 Old 07-01-2009, 08:06 AM

I sympathize with you. I took one of my gen 4 Camaros to NTB in Woburn MA for 4 new tires. They put it on the lift wrong and destroyed the underneath of the fenders. I did not motice this in time so that I could go back to them to make them fix their damage. I am very leery of anyone other than a Chevy dealer ever doing anything to my new SS. Of course they denied doing the damage. Call a lawyer. Don't let them get away with this.
post #6 of 13 Old 07-01-2009, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

This guy is his own worst enemy. He could have just admitted it and paid his ins deductible. Yeah I probably wouldnt want him touching my car after that but I would have worked something out. Now he's got this hanging over his head. I'm going through my insurance company. When they find its his fault I won't end up paying a deductible. His own insurance company will go after him. Worse case I have to pay my deductible if they can't find fault. Lifes too short for a-holes like this.

I'm more upset then mad. I'm so careful with this thing. I love this car. I'm even building a garage just to protect it. I plan on keeping this car for many years and keep it as perfect as possible. To have some careless a-hole F it up and not even admit it.... Well I just cant tell you how I feel.

2LT RS RJT M6
On Black leather

4/29/09 Ordered, 5/4/09 Status 1100, 5/5/09 Status 2000, 5/6/09 Status 3000, 5/30 3300, 6/4 3400 #17537,
post #7 of 13 Old 07-01-2009, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htp autoworks View Post
Not to generalize, but typically tint shops are not the best place to go to get a clear bra. They do tint... and installing clear bras is very different. I find that they usually end up with a poor install because they do not get enough practice using film... since they are so busy tinting. Cheaper is not always better... for many reasons. I can tell you right now they do not do their own patterns and it sounds like an excuse for poor workmanship. They might have been trying to buy time ot fix what they messed up.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Thanks for posting though... would hat to see people make the same mistake by going to the same place.
Your absolutely right. I realized this too late unfortunately. They were recommended by people all over New England, even my friends in MA, but for TINT not paint protection.

2LT RS RJT M6
On Black leather

post #8 of 13 Old 07-01-2009, 08:50 AM

Ouch!
post #9 of 13 Old 07-01-2009, 11:21 AM

cant ppl just admit they messed up and pay?
now hes famous, what a tard.
post #10 of 13 Old 07-01-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htp autoworks View Post

i partially agree and disagree on this. i personally find that training someone from the tint side to do clear film is an easier transition, that training someone from the decal side. really its up to the individual, but being used to handling a transparent material is a good head start. id be more worried about getting clear bra from your local stereo shop, and places like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page