SS vs R/T race day? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Northeast Members ME, NH, VT, MA, CT, RI, NY, PA, NJ, MD, DE
Also visit: NY 5TH GEN

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 09-09-2009, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3
 
SS vs R/T race day?

Hi everyone! I have an open day on my track schedule (Sunday, Nov.1) and would like to have a special event for new Camaros and Challengers. This would be on E-Town's 1/8 mile drag strip. Yes, we have a separate and complete 1/8th mile track.
Now before I hear from the "1/8th mile sucks" crowd, let me explain.
The 1/4 is being used for imports that day. The 1/8th mile is available and its a nice track.
The season will be just about over at this point. Might be that last chance to come out before we close for the season.
This could be a lot of fun with fun runs and grudge runs (you don't have to race in a class or against a Mopar if you don't want to). We'll even do a "How to drag race" seminar for the newbies.
I've gotten some good feedback from other Mopar and Camaro forums. If you are interested, please post here.
Thanks,
Walter Frey - Old Bridge Twp. Raceway Park.
P.S. Yes, 6 cyl. Camaros are invited along with SS Trailblazers. There will be no imports, dragsters, Fords,Buicks, Oldsmobiles, etc. clogging up the staging lanes!

Last edited by 6bblbird; 09-09-2009 at 09:48 PM.
6bblbird is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 09-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Veteran Member
 
demonspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 4,544
 
How does a TrailBlazer SS fit in, yet you're not including other vehicles?

Are you maybe trying to say any Chevrolet SS vehicle or Dodge R/T vehicle can race, too?

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
demonspeed is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 09-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member
 
80s_Adam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pittsburgh & Texas
Posts: 4,203
 
If this was in PA and close by, I would actually go with my Ztoolate to actually learn how to drag race correctly, so I don't look like a complete idiot my first time at the track.
80s_Adam is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 Old 09-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Veteran Member
 
demonspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 4,544
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_Adam View Post
If this was in PA and close by, I would actually go with my Ztoolate to actually learn how to drag race correctly, so I don't look like a complete idiot my first time at the track.
Adam, it's easy. Go to PRP, avoid the water box, roll up to the tree until you trip the top yellow, slowly creep up until you hit the second yellow (this happens almost instantly), once the other guy stages (or if you were the last to stage), the lights will drop and go on the last yellow! It's way easy to learn since you've got an auto.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
demonspeed is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 09-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
 
OceanChevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ocean City NJ
Posts: 4,638
  
Garage
I know where this is... I have been there before and why not include other camaro gens?

June 2015 MOTM



"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
OceanChevy is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 09-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Veteran Member
 
80s_Adam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pittsburgh & Texas
Posts: 4,203
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Adam, it's easy. Go to PRP, avoid the water box, roll up to the tree until you trip the top yellow, slowly creep up until you hit the second yellow (this happens almost instantly), once the other guy stages (or if you were the last to stage), the lights will drop and go on the last yellow! It's way easy to learn since you've got an auto.
Wait, I'm actually moving my car over yellow lines? I'm trying to think of this in my head and I'm really not getting the idea. I undestand not hitting the waterbox since I'm not needing to do a burnout on street tires no?

*mapquests pittsburgh raceway*
80s_Adam is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 09-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 139
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bblbird View Post
Hi everyone! I have an open day on my track schedule (Sunday, Nov.1) and would like to have a special event for new Camaros and Challengers. This would be on E-Town's 1/8 mile drag strip. Yes, we have a separate and complete 1/8th mile track.
Now before I hear from the "1/8th mile sucks" crowd, let me explain.
The 1/4 is being used for imports that day. The 1/8th mile is available and its a nice track.
The season will be just about over at this point. Might be that last chance to come out before we close for the season.
This could be a lot of fun with fun runs and grudge runs (you don't have to race in a class or against a Mopar if you don't want to). We'll even do a "How to drag race" seminar for the newbies.
I've gotten some good feedback from other Mopar and Camaro forums. If you are interested, please post here.
Thanks,
Walter Frey - Old Bridge Twp. Raceway Park.
P.S. Yes, 6 cyl. Camaros are invited along with SS Trailblazers. There will be no imports, dragsters, Fords,Buicks, Oldsmobiles, etc. clogging up the staging lanes!
Do you mean E-town PA????

Current Rides
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
2004 GMC Sierra Z71 regular cab short bed. 5.3 V8
Past Rides
1991 Lumina Euro Coupe, 1994 Lumina Z34, 1997 Buick LeSabre, 2001 Camaro SS, 2006 Monte Carlo SS
04Z7106MCSS10CSS is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 09-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member
 
demonspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 4,544
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_Adam View Post
Wait, I'm actually moving my car over yellow lines? I'm trying to think of this in my head and I'm really not getting the idea. I undestand not hitting the waterbox since I'm not needing to do a burnout on street tires no?

*mapquests pittsburgh raceway*
No, the lights on the "tree"



PRP is right down 22 in New Alexandria. It's like 15 minutes from Greensburg (if that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Z7106MCSS10CSS View Post
Do you mean E-town PA????
Englishtown is in New Jersey.

I have only been there once back in 2003 for a SLP day.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
demonspeed is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 09-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Veteran Member
 
80s_Adam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pittsburgh & Texas
Posts: 4,203
 
So Basically I creep my car up until both prestage lights are lit and then I stop?

Okay next year when my car runs right we are going down and we're gonna race.
80s_Adam is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 09-10-2009, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
How does a TrailBlazer SS fit in, yet you're not including other vehicles?

Are you maybe trying to say any Chevrolet SS vehicle or Dodge R/T vehicle can race, too?
The original plan was to be Challenger vs new Camaro. We will most likely allow all LS engine Camaros along with all 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi cars and SRT Jeeps.
WF
6bblbird is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome