Camaro Corral for Grand Am @Watkins Glen June 30th weekend - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Northeast Members ME, NH, VT, MA, CT, RI, NY, PA, NJ, MD, DE
Also visit: NY 5TH GEN

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 02-07-2012, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Camaro Corral for Grand Am @Watkins Glen June 30th weekend

Hello all,
I am putting together an event for the Grand Am weekend of June 30th at Watkins Glen. This event will be organized by the UpstateC5 Camaro club and is open to any Camaro or Firebird owner. Tickets will be $25/person (18 & under free) for the weekend and includes setup in the car corral as well as garage access. We also hope to be able to get on the track for parade laps on Saturday depending on the track schedule. We have fbodfather helping us with this as well the people at Grand Am. We will be setting up some team tours and tech talks and hopefully will have some prizes for raffles and/or giveaways. Don't have a host hotel yet, but can do so based on the level of interest generated. For anyone interested in attending this event please post in this thread. More details to follow as things are setup. Hope we can get a big turnout so mark your calenders.

Hotel Info:
First off, there are only a couple of hotels in the immediate Watkins Glen area. Most hotels for this event are in the 18-25 mile range from the track and prices generally double for this weekend, if a room can be found. I was, however, able to secure the Ramada Inn & Conf Center in Ithaca as the Host Hotel for our group. Info as follows:

Ramada Inn & Conference Center
2310 N. Triphammer Rd.
Ithaca, NY 14850
(607)257-3100
Standard Rm. $109.95/night + taxes includes complimentary breakfast.
You must call the hotel directly to reserve at the group rate. Use code UpstateC5.

This hotel is about 35-40 minutes from the track. It has a restaurant and is within walking distance to Pyramid Mall, an Applebees, and a few other local restaurants. They are presently finishing renovations and should be all set for the summer. We have a block of 15 rooms available. Cut off date to reserve a room is June 1. Parking lot parties OK, to a certain extent. If you book a room please PM and I'll add to the list.
There are other hotels in the Ithaca area, as well as Elmira, Corning, and Geneva. If one of these suits you better by all means book one.

Track update:
When you order tickets they will be shipped to you so try not to wait until the last minute. The will call office gets very busy on race weekend and you don't want to be in that mess. Once again they are $25/person and you order them from the number on the attached flyer and use the code 'car club group'. Once you order tickets please PM me and I'll add that to the list, too. I also need to let the track know how many to expect for the corral. Things are moving quickly and the track is expecting us along with the corvette group to have the largest corrals based on conversations to this point. I've also been notified by GM that they are interested in doing what they can to help us make this a great time.

Parade Laps:
If we can get on the track for parade laps it will likely be Saturday after the race. This is up to the discretion of the track and Grand AM and has NOT been decided yet.

Thanks everybody!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camaro corral.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	12700  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page