2ND annual Mid-Ohio Track day..... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Road Racing & Autocross Throw your 5th Gen through the twisties! Post mods, times and results here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 109 Old 02-17-2011, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

2ND annual Mid-Ohio Track day....(UPDATED).

We are going October 3rd.

We would need a minimum of 25 participants to make this happen. I have Monday, October 3rd available. By pushing this into October, I think it would increase our chances to get to the 25 number. The program will be formatted like last year. Price structure will be a little different. The price of the program will be $225 per person for early registration. After July 1st, the price for the program would increase to $275 per person. Hopefully this will encourage people to get registered early.

Here is what I have planned the 2nd Mid-Ohio track Day....

The day starts off with a light breakfast and a short class room session, very brief, but very pointed.

We then move to the skid pad, where we practice what we just learned in the classroom. They have a honda civic that is set up on four castor wheels and hydraulics. The instructor can control the contact patches while driving to introduce an oversteer or an understeer situation at slow speeds (18 to 25mph), which simulates the same action at speeds of 60 to 70MPH.

Then we move to the autocross area, where we again apply what we learned in class. They have colored cones set up to show people where the turn in & exit points, apex are of multiple style corners and switchbacks.

Then, track time. The way he said it normally is ran is a "Lead,follow,pass". Each person in the group (5 to 6) gets a chance to follow directly behind the instructor through the course. Passing occurs on the back straight only. The instructor only goes as fast or as slow as the group dictates. The point is to make sure everyone knows the proper line......passing is a controlled environment.

We do not have to restrict the date to Camaro vehicles. Additionally, I’m sure I can get our marketing department to produce a pdf flyer for you to distribute.

Here are last years pics.... 2011 Camaro ZL1 Camaro Forum / Camaro SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com - View Single Post - Mid-Ohio Driving Course __ Track time

It is a joint forum event...so no fighting...

Start PM'n me and or posting in the thread if you are going.

Here is the new link: The Mid-Ohio School - Store - 10/03/11 Camaro & Corvette Track Day Experience
Don't let the price spook you, enter code CG2011 once you get all the way to the shopping cart check out. It will correct the price to $275.

1. TLSTWIN
2. Photonfury
3. heinzd01
4. Demetrious (G37)
5. SilverIceman
6. Richj/Eric...Back Street Performance
7. Ray 67 Camaro 383 stroker pro-tour (from last year)
8. adam4356 (GTO)
9. 2010_5thgen
10. Powerbomber (GTO)
11. SableGTO ?
12. dynosteve (challenger or turbo'd 5th gen camaro)
13. PGH Steelers (GTO)
14. GC-Camaro
15. Burgboy73 (GTO)
16. Gahammerle
17. Drew10
18. daytonGT (G8)
19. masterwinning.....
20. Tim's87Monty (Built 87 MonteCarlo SS)
21. Hoss81 (GTO)
22. pategnor (G8)
23. 2010_5thgen's Dad (Corvette)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Camaro Group invite.pdf (1.70 MB, 83 views)

2SS/RS 400RWHP, Hurst Shifter, Vararam Tune model,SLP Loudmouth axle back, Pedders Camaro Pace Car Kit &, EP7323, PDUSACAM2800, EP1167
Back Street Performance has done a great job with ALL my Performance & Suspension mods, highly recommend them (RichJ.) he's in my friends list.

Last edited by TLSTWIN; 08-21-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 109 Old 02-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member

IM IN! cant wait....jsut need to see if i can figure something out for some track wheels..... im planning on doing a few lapping days too. kinda like what we did last time, but you can go all out and no instructor.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #3 of 109 Old 02-23-2011, 03:51 PM

Let us know when and we will help.

post #4 of 109 Old 02-28-2011, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

I am in contact with Chris Binkley again from Mid-Ohio. He said he will have a few dates for me by the end of the week.

I told him we would need to combine with another group. I told him we would only have a dozen or so cars. I hope we can get more this time, but wanted him to know now where we were on numbers.

2SS/RS 400RWHP, Hurst Shifter, Vararam Tune model,SLP Loudmouth axle back, Pedders Camaro Pace Car Kit &, EP7323, PDUSACAM2800, EP1167
Back Street Performance has done a great job with ALL my Performance & Suspension mods, highly recommend them (RichJ.) he's in my friends list.
post #5 of 109 Old 03-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member

i know my dad said he wanted to go next time(with his corvette) and i have a buddy with a G37 that was interested in doing it....if were open to other cars coming. i would liek to get out and do this as early in the year as we can, if possible. i need to get some practice on that track before i take my NASA/SCCA licensing test.

Brixton Forged
post #6 of 109 Old 03-04-2011, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
i know my dad said he wanted to go next time(with his corvette) and i have a buddy with a G37 that was interested in doing it....if were open to other cars coming. i would liek to get out and do this as early in the year as we can, if possible. i need to get some practice on that track before i take my NASA/SCCA licensing test.
Ya, all capable cars are welcome.

post #7 of 109 Old 03-05-2011, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Just so you know, Chris didn't forget about us. He is a little busy with the sale of the track, but he assured me there will be no change in day to day activities.

The same people that run the track, still do, just an ownership change....not a big deal...at least not in a bad way....new owners are very race oriented and background.

also, I added an album and pictures of the 1st one in my ......albums, i guess that is what to call it....

Last edited by TLSTWIN; 03-05-2011 at 07:28 PM.
post #8 of 109 Old 03-16-2011, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Update from Mid-Ohio

This is an e-mail I just received from Chris.
__________________________________________________ _________
Hi Matt,

I wanted to get back to you with a couple of dates. I thought Mondays worked well for everyone last year. As for weekend dates, unfortunately they are not available.

Once we identify a date, we would need a minimum of 25 participants to make this happen. I have Monday, October 3rd or October 10th available. By pushing this into October, I think it would increase our chances to get to the 25 number. The program will be formatted like last year. Price structure will be a little different. The price of the program will be $225 per person for early registration. After July 1st, the price for the program would increase to $275 per person. Hopefully this will encourage people to get registered early.

We do not have to restrict the date to Camaro vehicles. Additionally, Iím sure I can get our marketing department to produce a pdf flyer for you to distribute. I have not reached out to Rich Johnson yet.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Chris Binkley

post #9 of 109 Old 03-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Veteran Member

october 3rd should be good for me. thats really late in the year. i may go to some lapping days just to get my speed bug out.

Brixton Forged
post #10 of 109 Old 03-16-2011, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
october 3rd should be good for me. thats really late in the year. i may go to some lapping days just to get my speed bug out.
Ya, the races have taken Sept up.

Pete (Pedders) is doing a day Sept 17th in Mich. do you want to go to it? I am planning on doing his date and then mine

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page