1LE on Track? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Road Racing & Autocross Throw your 5th Gen through the twisties! Post mods, times and results here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-20-2013, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

1LE on Track?

Anyone using the 1LE on track? Specifically wondering about braking, stability at speed (130+).

Curious how its doing relative to other popular track cars like Boss Mustang, Porsche GT3, Nissan GTr, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-20-2013, 08:33 PM

What track do you plan on getting on that would allow you to hit 130 in a straight? And I'm sure the brembos will hold just fine on tracks and under heavy braking. They are huge and the 1LE is much more sure footed (at least on the street anyway) than the normal SS/RS that I owned before. The wider tires up front make it much easier to throw into and out of curves, whereas before the front wanted to plow thru curves.

And if I remember correctly, the 1LE waxed the Boss mustangs ass on several tracks. Not too shabby for a 2 ton boat.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-06-2013, 06:59 AM

I hit 121 on Sebring club course, 130 should be attainable on the full course straights. I'm not sure how the tuned suspension of the 1LE is at 130 but the 2013 1LE has the front splitter for additional downforce, the 2014 has the splitter, larger spoiler, and the vented hood to help with downforce. I have a 2014 on order so I won't have first hand knowledge anytime soon.

** FOR SALE ** 2010 SS
2SS/A6 Black
360 RWHP/382 FTLBS - tune only
+45rwhp/+39ft-lb with Mods:
Dynatech LTs, Vararam Intake, Pedders Xa's, DiabloSport tuned

post #4 of 8 Old 08-06-2013, 11:12 AM

I don't track it, and unfortunately I don't have many other things to compare it to.... but compared to a 2LT, the stability when taking turns and driving at high speeds is awesome. feels nice and planted even going 120+.. with the 2LT it would sway a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotekiller View Post
What track do you plan on getting on that would allow you to hit 130 in a straight? And I'm sure the brembos will hold just fine on tracks and under heavy braking. They are huge and the 1LE is much more sure footed (at least on the street anyway) than the normal SS/RS that I owned before. The wider tires up front make it much easier to throw into and out of curves, whereas before the front wanted to plow thru curves.

And if I remember correctly, the 1LE waxed the Boss mustangs ass on several tracks. Not too shabby for a 2 ton boat.
this has it topping a Shelby.. from what ive read, the course is a hp neutralizer.. but still
Camaro SS 1LE in seventh place? Yes but... - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
post #5 of 8 Old 08-06-2013, 03:00 PM

The 1le is way more planted and controllable than a regular SS.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-24-2015, 11:01 AM

The 1LE is designed to be much more nimble than the std. Camaro pkg. Stability and braking are more driver than chassis in this case. The suspension is very good on these cars. As one gets faster, you WILL overcome the increased handling and may need to do further upgrades. Start with YOU! Learn the limits of your car as it is. Once you get faster start your upgrades with Tires then Brakes.
If yours is a DD, get a spare set of wheels and Summer only tires for your track days. Next step is better brake fluid and pads. Follow these with upgraded brake lines for better pedal feel.
Now get out there and DRIVE!!
post #7 of 8 Old 01-28-2015, 09:37 PM

I've hit 140mph+ at Fontana Speedway road track course.

The 1LE is a great track car. Drive it!

Mods:
Roto-Fab Intake & Big Gulp Air Scoop, ATI Super Damper & 5% Under drive Pulley, Dash-Logic controller, 3m Clear Bra, ZL1 Mirror inserts, GM Interior Ambient lighting, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, Carbon Fiber Bow ties front & rear, ZL1 DRL lighting harness.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-13-2016, 08:42 AM

I've been running my Stock Brakes for a little more than a year now. End of last year upgraded to Hawk 5.0 Pads and they help a bit until last weekend. Was running Very Hard with a new 6th Gen with a better upgraded brake system and cooks the pads off the car. Just upgraded those to Hawk Plus, the next step up on there Pads. Going back out to Streets in 2 weeks to see how they do.

Overall the Stock system is more than good for intermediate levels. Once you're in an advance group then you'll start noticing they are on the edge. This will be an upgrade i'll be looking into very shortly. But for now i still have the trust in to what i have now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page