preliminary mod lists - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
South Central Members OK, TX, LA, AR, MS

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 04-04-2009, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

preliminary mod lists

so seeing as this car is finally going to be accessible. what does everyone have in store for their new car? for mine i plan on building a 9.5:1 cr 496 ci lsx based motor with trick flow 230+cc heads 236/244 hyd cam on a 115 lsa, kennebell 3+ liter blower on top , 2" primary into 3.5 inch lt headers, built tr6060 m6 tranny and a set of 4.56:1 rear gears with rear girdle. for wheels im planning on 20x11 & 20x8 fikse profil5s wheels, as for body mods i plan on having the rear bumper modified to smooth out that lip under the license plate. and sealing up the back up light holes and relocating them to the location used on the concept, deleting the rear bowtie on the tail panel and installing the ss emblems from a 4th gen in its spot. same with grill. center mounted ss emblem using a custom machined piece i will build. thats all that comes to mind so far for me. all work to be performed by me even down to machine work.
whats your plans?

Last edited by ex-SS-ve; 04-04-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-04-2009, 06:55 AM
Veteran Member

I'll probably do nothing for a while, primarily to eliminate warranty disputes in the event of issues on early cars. I doubt I'll be able to wait long, however, before I start using EFILive on it...

Then, after maybe a year or so (or less? ), I'll probably do long-tubes (w/ cats) & cam. I did Dart heads on my LS1 Goat but the LS3 heads seem to breathe pretty well so we'll see whether the heads get attention, too. Shorter rear gear might be on the list, too, but it will do lots of highway miles so maybe not. Either at the same time as headers & cam or shortly after, I plan to Pedderize, too.

Should I have to touch the clutch, I'll swap in a lightweight flywheel.

Built -- 1ET37/MX0/GAP/AFO/WRS/Q9J -- VIN# A9126579

Snark sucks.

This help? - http://www.dictionary.com
post #3 of 12 Old 04-29-2009, 04:38 PM

Sounds like some cool ideas you have planned. Get the car yet?

post #4 of 12 Old 04-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve View Post
so seeing as this car is finally going to be accessible. what does everyone have in store for their new car? for mine i plan on building a 9.5:1 cr 496 ci lsx based motor with trick flow 230+cc heads 236/244 hyd cam on a 115 lsa, kennebell 3+ liter blower on top , 2" primary into 3.5 inch lt headers, built tr6060 m6 tranny and a set of 4.56:1 rear gears with rear girdle. for wheels im planning on 20x11 & 20x8 fikse profil5s wheels, as for body mods i plan on having the rear bumper modified to smooth out that lip under the license plate. and sealing up the back up light holes and relocating them to the location used on the concept, deleting the rear bowtie on the tail panel and installing the ss emblems from a 4th gen in its spot. same with grill. center mounted ss emblem using a custom machined piece i will build. thats all that comes to mind so far for me. all work to be performed by me even down to machine work.
whats your plans?

Sounds like a SICK build...although if it were my car I'd go way more conservative on the rear gearing (like stock or 3:73's)...how do you plan on getting traction? IMO, gears that steep w/ a SC are counter-productive.

Probably over the 1st winter I have mine, it'll get LT's and exhaust, a Vararam intake, PCM tune, MGW shifter. When I get board with that setup, a cam and maybe some hear-work...that'll probably be it for a while.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 04-29-2009 at 05:16 PM.
post #5 of 12 Old 04-29-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
whats your plans?
Sounds like a bada$$ build there!! I believe Fiske only makes wheels up to 19 inches though. As for myself I'm planning on 19" Fiske Profil 10's, supercharged at some point, not sure which one though, I'm gonna wait until there are more options, header back exhaust, gonna go with SLP exhaust. A friend of mine does auto painting, including pin striping and flames and what not, he really wants to paint my car as testament to his work. I'm involved in car shows and other events so I could get his name out there really well. I was thinking of doing a two tone, going with a light pearl white on the top with a ABM line to separate the white from the CGM. I think that would look sick. I got a buddy who is going to make me a carbon fiber hood too. I also have another little surprise that will be installed on my car within the first couple days of owning it. It's a spec kit being made specifically for Camaro's from my car. I can't say what it is until it's done though You guys will see it though. Rear gears of course as well. That's all I have planned for now.

Past Camaros: 2000 Camaro SS 6-Speed,
1999 Camaro Z28 A4, 1994 Camaro Z28 A4

Delivered: 2SS/RS CGM M6 - VIN #7460

Last edited by CamaroMike; 04-29-2009 at 06:16 PM.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-29-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
whats your plans?
sounds like you got money to burn lol. you were on ls1tech right? I think I remember your s/n.
I guess you don't wanna hook till 4th gear or have good economy with those 4.56's

fquick.com/GotMeSOM-go check out my old ride.
post #7 of 12 Old 05-15-2009, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Me SOM View Post
sounds like you got money to burn lol. you were on ls1tech right? I think I remember your s/n.
I guess you don't wanna hook till 4th gear or have good economy with those 4.56's
got money now till this car arrives then the bad modding habit i have will consume all my cash. having 2 money pits is bad but having 3 is not enough! ill be mixing up what i drive so ill be lucky to drive it twice a week. however this will be my main roadtrip / cruiser car till i finish deciding what im going to do next.

2010 M6 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
1972 M6 Camaro SS M6
1993 M6 Camaro Z28 M6 LSX powered
post #8 of 12 Old 05-15-2009, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroMike View Post
Sounds like a bada$$ build there!! I believe Fiske only makes wheels up to 19 inches though. As for myself I'm planning on 19" Fiske Profil 10's, supercharged at some point, not sure which one though, I'm gonna wait until there are more options, header back exhaust, gonna go with SLP exhaust. A friend of mine does auto painting, including pin striping and flames and what not, he really wants to paint my car as testament to his work. I'm involved in car shows and other events so I could get his name out there really well. I was thinking of doing a two tone, going with a light pearl white on the top with a ABM line to separate the white from the CGM. I think that would look sick. I got a buddy who is going to make me a carbon fiber hood too. I also have another little surprise that will be installed on my car within the first couple days of owning it. It's a spec kit being made specifically for Camaro's from my car. I can't say what it is until it's done though You guys will see it though. Rear gears of course as well. That's all I have planned for now.
as in spec do you mean clutches?
im looking to do a triple disk textralia exo-skel unit in this car. only because of the abuse they take and having driven one the street manners.

2010 M6 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
1972 M6 Camaro SS M6
post #9 of 12 Old 05-15-2009, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
Sounds like a SICK build...although if it were my car I'd go way more conservative on the rear gearing (like stock or 3:73's)...how do you plan on getting traction? IMO, gears that steep w/ a SC are counter-productive.

Probably over the 1st winter I have mine, it'll get LT's and exhaust, a Vararam intake, PCM tune, MGW shifter. When I get board with that setup, a cam and maybe some hear-work...that'll probably be it for a while.
yea . im not 100% set on the 4.56 gears due to the fact that they might not be available to this specific rear housing. might end up going 4.10 or so. thanks on the compliments. im only going wild cause this is one of my dream cars. and want it to be a true blast to drive.

2010 M6 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
1972 M6 Camaro SS M6
post #10 of 12 Old 05-15-2009, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IconAutoSports View Post
Sounds like some cool ideas you have planned. Get the car yet?
in 3 weeks. you find a 2010 to buy yet?

2010 M6 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
1972 M6 Camaro SS M6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page