I Have to Move to Midland, TX! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
South Central Members OK, TX, LA, AR, MS

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 02-02-2010, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I Have to Move to Midland, TX!

Anyone here from Midland, TX???

My company decided to change gears and move all departments involving the Permain Basin region from Tulsa to Midland, while leaving all people working Mid-Continent stuff here in Tulsa. They want us "closer to the wellhead" as they say.

I don't mind moving, I have only been in Tulsa for 8 months, and never planned on staying permanently. I'm from Houston, and planned on moving back to Houston permanently Summer 2011 as part of a "rotational training program" they have me on, moving between different departments and regions.

The final move will be this summer, no set date or even month yet.

So, what the heck is there to do out there in the middle of no where in Midland?

I have a waverunner, are there any lakes nearby?

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 02-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post

My company decided to change gears and move all departments involving the Permain Basin region from Tulsa to Midland, while leaving all people working Mid-Continent stuff here in Tulsa. They want us "closer to the wellhead" as they say.

I don't mind moving, I have only been in Tulsa for 8 months, and never planned on staying permanently. I'm from Houston, and planned on moving back to Houston permanently Summer 2011 as part of a "rotational training program" they have me on, moving between different departments and regions.

So, what the heck is there to do out there in the middle of no where in Midland?

Go enjoy your car sell the waverunner and buy some mods because the closest thing to a lake out there is a swimming pool.

actually if you want to pi$$ off the fisherman you can always go to
http://www.fishingworks.com/lakes/te...consavvy-lake/

Sorry to hear this man lol im a lake person as well and would die if I didnt have access to one.
post #3 of 14 Old 02-02-2010, 12:45 PM

Great High School football teams in that area of Texas , in those places the whole town closes down for saturday nite HS football.

post #4 of 14 Old 02-02-2010, 02:50 PM

Make that Friday Night Lights!

Odessa Permian vs Midland Lee is a good one.

2SS/RS, M6, Silver Ice, Black leather, 20" polished wheels
post #5 of 14 Old 02-23-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post

Get rid of your toys, get married, and start making babies. Then you will be too busy to do anything else.

Add muscle to your muscle car.
Use P90X
9/14/10- Traded in Camaro for a 2010 F150 Lariat
post #6 of 14 Old 04-09-2010, 09:31 PM

I spent the first 18 years of my life there. Lots of hotrods around town. Lots of pretty fast cars too. Forget about water sports. Plenty of flat/straight roads. 2 tracks pretty close by and plenty of warm weather to work on cars in (maybe a little too warm).

I'm happy I moved away.
post #7 of 14 Old 06-17-2010, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

well it looks like my days are numbered as an Oklahoman. although i've only lived here for 1 year.

i just got word from the bossman that our office will officially open july 12th, and i had plans to move on july 4th weekend.

yep i get to move on a holiday, how fun does that sound?

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #8 of 14 Old 06-21-2010, 04:03 PM

Could be worse but atleast there is somewhat of a car scene from what ive heard on ls1tech.
post #9 of 14 Old 06-22-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will69camaro View Post
Lots of hotrods around town. Lots of pretty fast cars too. Forget about water sports. Plenty of flat/straight roads. 2 tracks pretty close by and plenty of warm weather to work on cars in (maybe a little too warm)
Sorry man looks like BF west TX.......Flat and hot...

Black 2SS/RS 6M ordered 5-23-09 : 3000 9-4-09: TPW-9-28-09 : VIN# 10-6-09 : Received 10-28-09 Perma Grin since
post #10 of 14 Old 06-22-2010, 02:47 PM

The good thing is it is East NM, oh wait, that's bad. Well, at least you are back in TEXAS, where you belong!!!!!!

Good Luck bud!

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page