2010 Indy Pace Car/Festival Car - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Special Edition Camaro Discussion Synergy Series | Pace Cars | 45th Anniversary Camaro | Other Special Editions

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 07-27-2013, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
bmanly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3
 
2010 Indy Pace Car/Festival Car

I recently acquired a 2010 Indy 500 Pace Car/Festival parade car. It's # 21 of the 50 they had there. Still has the infield sticker on the window, the #21 key fob and the Indy 500 Centennial Era sticker on each door. Also the permanent Centennial Era emblem is on each side as well. There's a little over 2,000 miles on it. Should I go ahead and drive it conservatively, or is putting any miles on it going to kill its value? I'm not even sure what its worth at this point. Thanks
bmanly is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 08-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member
 
MidnightSSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,595
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanly View Post
I recently acquired a 2010 Indy 500 Pace Car/Festival parade car. It's # 21 of the 50 they had there. Still has the infield sticker on the window, the #21 key fob and the Indy 500 Centennial Era sticker on each door. Also the permanent Centennial Era emblem is on each side as well. There's a little over 2,000 miles on it. Should I go ahead and drive it conservatively, or is putting any miles on it going to kill its value? I'm not even sure what its worth at this point. Thanks
i would think having all that means its worth a decent amount

2012 1SS/RS IBM M6 Halltech YellowJacket CAI, Kooks 1/7/8 LT's Corsa Sport CatBack SLP 160 Stat
426/424 rwhp/rwtq Kaltech Tune SOLD!!!!

April 2013 COTM Winner
MidnightSSS is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 08-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Newbie
 
marecean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 7
 
As this car is very low in production numbers:
- Parade car = 50
- US Replica = 200
- CDN Replica = 46, 22 with Standard Transmission
Total Produced = 296
Suspect, worthy of collector car status in future.
I have one of the CND standard transmission cars.
marecean is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 Old 08-09-2013, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
bmanly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marecean View Post
As this car is very low in production numbers:
- Parade car = 50
- US Replica = 200
- CDN Replica = 46, 22 with Standard Transmission
Total Produced = 296
Suspect, worthy of collector car status in future.
I have one of the CND standard transmission cars.
Thank you. Where do I find this kind of info and do you know where to find more details about this car and/ or other parade/Indy cars? Thanks
bmanly is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 08-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Junior Member
 
Criminal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 96
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marecean View Post
As this car is very low in production numbers:
- Parade car = 50
- US Replica = 200
- CDN Replica = 46, 22 with Standard Transmission
Total Produced = 296
Suspect, worthy of collector car status in future.
I have one of the CND standard transmission cars.
The numbers don't add up. There were actually 196 US cars and 50 CDN for 296 total.

To the OP there were one or two folks who actually got their hands on the list of VINs. I have a friend in the stripe shop who confirmed these numbers as well. It's not something that was ever public info. I also think the 22 standard listed above is a bit high but I'll take marecean's word for it.

They started to issue number plates for each one and actually printed these out but decided not to since folks would be lining up for #1 and time was very short getting the 2010's ready in time. Also, the badges on the side of actual pace cars have color in them
Criminal is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 08-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Newbie
 
marecean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 7
 
Thanks for sorting out the numbers. These were the ones I had from research through all the Camaro sites. I know of two of the Standard transmissions Indy cars, both in Edmonton, Alberta.
Is it possible to get the list of the VINs?
marecean is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 10-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Junior Member
 
Criminal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 96
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marecean View Post
Thanks for sorting out the numbers. These were the ones I had from research through all the Camaro sites. I know of two of the Standard transmissions Indy cars, both in Edmonton, Alberta.
Is it possible to get the list of the VINs?
Sorry for the late reply, but that is not possible. It is very tight hold for some crazy reason.
Criminal is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 02-21-2015, 08:48 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 90
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marecean View Post
As this car is very low in production numbers:
- Parade car = 50
- US Replica = 200
- CDN Replica = 46, 22 with Standard Transmission
Total Produced = 296
Suspect, worthy of collector car status in future.
I have one of the CND standard transmission cars.
Actually there were only 44 Canadian Cars, otherwise, your numbers are correct.
Autoguy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome