No drill front license plate brackets now available from JacFab! - Page 3 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Sponsor Sales / Group Purchases Advertisements, Sales and Group Purchase info from our sponsors.
For Paid-up ModernCamaro.com Sponsors Only.
Non-sponsor advertisements will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 134 Old 02-11-2011, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
JacFab.com

Here's an update for those that are interested, unfortunately instead of my waterjet guy cutting all bent style, he messed up and cut the whole batch the flat style that no one seems interested in. So that will probably set everyone's orders back another week, week and a half before I can ship.

Sorry for the delay, I'll post on here as soon as I have the bent style in my hand.

On that note, I do not plan to spend the money to powder coat the accidental batch of flat style brackets I received unless someone actually wants to buy some, as I still have the original 2 that are powder coated ready to fly off the shelves. If someone was interested in a raw flat style bracket, like if they wanted to color match to the car, I would be able to give you a price cut since they aren't powder coated. Same goes for the bent style, if someone would like a raw bent style bracket so they could paint it to match their car themselves, if you let me know before I receive the next batch, I can hold yours back from going to powder coat.

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro
Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket, Dynomax Axleback, JacFab CAI System, JacFab HFC's, Bo White ported TB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 134 Old 02-13-2011, 02:19 PM
MIQ

I'll be interested in the V6 version when/if it comes out!

2011 Camaro 1LT Inferno Orange Metallic
Mods-Magnaflow Axle Back, Eibach Pro-Kit, RX oil catch can
post #23 of 134 Old 02-22-2011, 10:57 PM

I'm ready for a bent one when you get them.

11/26/2010 - (1100) Order Placed at Dealership
01/04/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
02/09/2011 - (3400) Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Paperwork Order Produced)
02/15/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping. VIN # 162679
03/05/2011 - (5000) Delivered to me - thanks Eric!

post #24 of 134 Old 02-24-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman422 View Post
I'm ready for a bent one when you get them.
ditto! are they still $68?
post #25 of 134 Old 03-02-2011, 11:30 PM

I'll be ready for a bent one in July when I get back from the 'stan.

"If you think you're a leader, but no one is following you, then your just out for a walk"
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Cyber Grey Metallic
1988 Toyota 4Runner 3.0 5spd.
post #26 of 134 Old 03-05-2011, 01:43 PM
MIQ

Any updates on the V6 version? My plates should be arriving any day now

2011 Camaro 1LT Inferno Orange Metallic
Mods-Magnaflow Axle Back, Eibach Pro-Kit, RX oil catch can
post #27 of 134 Old 03-06-2011, 05:56 PM

Any updates on the new batch, bent style, for the SS cars? I want one.
post #28 of 134 Old 03-06-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Soars View Post
Any updates on the new batch, bent style, for the SS cars? I want one.
me too!
post #29 of 134 Old 03-08-2011, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
JacFab.com

I should have them any day now, I apologize for any delay. Now I'm at the mercy of the powder coater, they had them all last week! I called them on Friday, and they said they should be done the middle of this week. I'm hoping to be able to ship Friday for those that have paid already.

Once I have this batch in hand, and get the orders shipped, I will start in on the v6 bracket again. I should have access to a v6 car mid next month, and if all goes according to plan, I should have the v6 bracket finalized by the end of next month. If I could find a car to mock up on sooner, then it will be sooner, but finding one where I am at the moment seems to be an issue.

Currently this batch coming in will still be $68 ea for either style for the v8 car. I'll have to crunch the numbers again once I have all of my invoices, as the cost of material has gone up quite a bit. The price may go up a few dollars in the future, but nothing huge, I'm not trying to get rich on these, just break even and have a little gas money.

In order to try and avoid this waiting process in the future, I have already started ordering materials, etc for another batch.

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket, Dynomax Axleback, JacFab CAI System, JacFab HFC's, Bo White ported TB.
post #30 of 134 Old 03-11-2011, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
JacFab.com

The powder coater called me a bit ago and told me they were done. I will be able to pick them up later this afternoon, and should be able to start shipping Monday. I have either PM'ed or emailed everyone that wanted in on this batch. If you have contacted me about getting one, but you have not received a message/email from me today, I apologize, please contact me, and we'll get your order going.

Now that I have received this batch, and the final invoice for powder coating, I crunched the numbers again, and unfortunately I will have to raise the price slightly on future orders. The price will remain the same ($68) for this batch until they are gone, and anyone that I have already given a price to. I already have the next batch in process as most of this batch is already spoken for. That being said, in the future, the brackets will be $73.25, and will hopefully be stable at that price unless there is a huge jump in material prices.

I think this is very fair, as it is still cheaper than most all other no drill front mount brackets, and is a high quality piece.

As I mentioned I have started on the v6 bracket again, and will hopefully have something ready to roll out by the end of next month. In theory the v6 bracket will be the same price as the v8, regardless of style (Bent of flat). Of the people that expressed v6 bracket interest, are any of you interested in a flat style? If not, I'd rather not make one, as the flat style v8 bracket doesn't seem to go at all, and I've got about 15 of them waiting for homes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page