would anyone like to guess the setup on BB engine? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Transformers Movie - Bumblebee and more The new Camaro stars as the Autobot Bumblebee
In the Transformers series feature films.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 06-21-2007, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Question would anyone like to guess the setup on BB engine?

I know its the 2nd gen but still this engine is sweet..along with something else

But just wondering if anyone could disect the parts. My computers not letting me click to a larger pic it goes blank. So cant get a clean shot of the engine.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4A5nb3N3K50

1994 Z28 Autobot

I would like to thank the person that came up with these fine avatar and signature's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-21-2007, 11:20 PM

All three cars were rebuilt and equipped with 330-hp GM Performance Parts 350-cubic-inch (5.7-liter) small-block V8 engines, topped by Edelbrock Pro-Flo electronic fuel-injection systems feeding Jegs 3/4-length tubular headers. Each also got a rebuilt Turbo-hydramatic 350 three-speed automatic transmission from CRC Transmissions feeding their stock rear ends. The suspension was rebuilt with an eye toward achieving that particular rake that practically begs cops to stop a car and search it for methamphetamines.
post #3 of 14 Old 06-22-2007, 04:37 AM Thread Starter

thanks Zee. and welcome to the board! Thats the setup they used for the movie from what your describing I would imagine. I was wondering is that what we see under the hood when she pops it on the car to take a look in the movie? Just does not look the parts of what she is describing.

1994 Z28 Autobot

I would like to thank the person that came up with these fine avatar and signature's.

post #4 of 14 Old 06-23-2007, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caps94ZODG View Post
thanks Zee. and welcome to the board! Thats the setup they used for the movie from what your describing I would imagine. I was wondering is that what we see under the hood when she pops it on the car to take a look in the movie? Just does not look the parts of what she is describing.
Thanks.

You mean this.

nice headers. high rise double pump carburetor.

This is a transformer and all those hidden bits have to go somewhere. That's been a beef of mine since they came about. Where do all the hidden bits go? We are probably looking at the back or front of bumblebee's head. LOL

Last edited by Zeeman28a; 06-23-2007 at 12:10 AM.
post #5 of 14 Old 06-23-2007, 06:46 AM Thread Starter

lol..yes thats the pic..lol..its a movie so "magic" is the game..but also the idea of the engine. sounds to me the writers are describing an engine that they are not using??
Double pumper carb? It looks like a high rise...I have seen these style intakes but never knew what or how they were called just on old hot rods and stuff. also the Dist cap..is there one?? Just wondering how messed up if they did on the sceen.

1994 Z28 Autobot

post #6 of 14 Old 10-31-2007, 07:04 PM

Well, about that...........

.......high-rise double-pump carburetor. C'mon guys, that's a ridiculous statement. A high-rise double-pump carburetor?? A double-pump carburetor goes on TOP of a high-rise manifold. Can't believe she said she knows about cars and said that. Doesn't really matter though with a smile like that.

Last edited by Auspiciousego; 10-31-2007 at 07:25 PM.
post #7 of 14 Old 10-31-2007, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auspiciousego View Post
.......high-rise double-pump carburetor. C'mon guys, that's a ridiculous statement. A high-rise double-pump carburetor?? A double-pump carburetor goes on TOP of a high-rise manifold. Can't believe she said she knows about cars and said that. Doesn't really matter though with a smile like that. ]
She was just trying to see if Sam knew what he had...

j/k

but really that engine shot was done after the whole scene was done and instead of what was in the BB car at the time it cuts to the zoom in shot of that engine in the car..just upped the wow factor without changing the wording..

1994 Z28 Autobot

post #8 of 14 Old 10-31-2007, 08:42 PM
CJP
Veteran Member

Not to be a jerk, but doesn't 5.7L come out to 346ci ?

Your Car, Your Story, only on COMBUSTION CHAMBER!
https://www.youtube.com/c/combustionchamber
post #9 of 14 Old 10-31-2007, 08:48 PM
I paid $5 for this title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP View Post
Not to be a jerk, but doesn't 5.7L come out to 346ci ?
Well, exactly 5.7l does, but I'd imagine that it's not exactly 5.7l, but rather quite close. 5.7l is much more marketable than 5.7121319313121l, I think.

Formerly defunct.
post #10 of 14 Old 10-31-2007, 09:52 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

The standard 350ci small block was 5733ci, or 5.733 liters, rounded to 5.7L

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page