Bumblebee Paint - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Transformers Movie - Bumblebee and more The new Camaro stars as the Autobot Bumblebee
In the Transformers series feature films.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 10-16-2007, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Bumblebee Paint

Hey guys, I was just wondering exactly what the paint job is on the bumblebee car, because I wanted to look into it for pricing and options. So basically I would like to know the basic coats. (I believe there are 4?) just so i can look in to it. Cus I am interested in creating this effect with my new camaro. So any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Possibly the name of this entire process or each steps name. Thanks alot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-16-2007, 08:20 PM

i predict this wil be a popular choice of color
will prolly be up there with the bandit trans ams'
a few yrs. from now, ppl will mention a "bumblebee camaro"
post #3 of 13 Old 10-16-2007, 09:03 PM

umm it might be off cus its an all fiberglass car..so not sure what the real deal will be colored as..

1994 Z28 Autobot

I would like to thank the person that came up with these fine avatar and signature's.

post #4 of 13 Old 10-16-2007, 09:11 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

I dunno the exact color combo, but as far as I know it's 4 base coats with a triple-pearl clearcoat.
Over $10,000 to paint each car.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #5 of 13 Old 10-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Jak

I wonder if they'll have a cheaper version of the Bumble Bee option, or would that take away from the limited edition version?
post #6 of 13 Old 10-18-2007, 05:17 AM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot View Post
umm it might be off cus its an all fiberglass car..so not sure what the real deal will be colored as..
yep.

Number of coats? What are you guys talking about?

Custom paint work is just that, custom. If GM does build some Bumblebee replica cars, my guess is they would be rolling off the assembly line in Oshawa with the others and get a production car type of paint job.
If the numbers are very small, they may farm it out to a supplier who may or may not do some custom paint work, if they go that route expect the price to be bumped accordingly

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #7 of 13 Old 10-18-2007, 07:18 AM
See You On Course

Why not just have Bumblebee yellow as a color, and make the stripes as options? 10k for a paint job is a lot.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #8 of 13 Old 10-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member

Warning: Picture of an import car inside. Proceed with caution.

They should be able to do a good pearl at a cheaper price. Time for a shameless Honda plug. Sorry guys.

This is my car:

It's a 2006 Honda Civic Si with a stock Fiji Blue Pearl paint job. Not a day goes by that someone doesn't compliment the color. Usually domestic owners, funny enough. This blue is freakish, it changes it's tone with the shifting light. It can look anywhere from teal and dark blue, to deep blue and dark purple. It's a high maintenance pain in my a$$ but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

If Honda of North America (it's a North American car only produced in Canada) can pull this and Habenero Red Pearl off and get the desired effect, GM should definitely be able to pull if off and do it even better. There's a Cadillac color I see from time to time in a whiteish pearl that I just love. One word of advice I can give to perspective pearl owners is find a good wax and keep it (P21S and Zaino work wonders). Wax makes these things look even better. It's just love.

P.S. If any of you are in the Hampton Roads area of VA and see this car, don't be afraid to honk and say "Hi." I'm all about the V8 sexiness. I won't race you though. It's pointless. Lol.

Still a wannabe.
post #9 of 13 Old 10-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Veteran Member

How to kill a thread in one day... post a Honda in it. Ooppsie.

Still a wannabe.
post #10 of 13 Old 10-19-2007, 09:42 AM
See You On Course

I like people who are car-lovers, no matter what they are. I've owned/driven so many cars/trucks that I love everything about them. Just wish my doctors had swapped me and Jay Leno at birth, so I could own all the ones I wanted... which is all of them.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page