Is the Transformer Bumblebee going to be a true collectable? - Page 2 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Transformers Movie - Bumblebee and more The new Camaro stars as the Autobot Bumblebee
In the Transformers series feature films.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 07-17-2012, 07:50 AM

Collectable? Sure , now does that mean it will be worth alot more money than you paid for it? Doubtful , but I undoubtably believe these cars will be a very desirable car for years to come.

Yes they are a mass produced car , but so were the first gens. Just for arguments sake check this out http://www.thecamaro.com/Production/...PO-Numbers.php 100,000 more 1967 camaro's were produced than 2010's.....Its gonna be interesting to see how these cars evolve in the collector world for sure......I, however am gonna enjoy mine....collector or not

Last edited by shawn29; 07-17-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 07-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Veteran Member

True but the first gens weren't only sticker paint and decals. Copo comes to
mind.

2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS ZEX Wet Shot, Typhoon 63 series CAI, DR Formato Tuned
JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

post #13 of 19 Old 07-17-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick View Post
True but the first gens weren't only sticker paint and decals. Copo comes to
mind.
I agree. I meant the 5th gens as a whole would be collectable. I do think some model/trim differences will dictate collectability. ZL1 will be super hot one day I think.

I do believe the special edition cars will find their niche as well. It just may be a smaller group of people that desire those.

post #14 of 19 Old 07-18-2012, 11:57 AM

I think the TF edition would have been more collectible if they would have actually matched the paint color of the Bumblebee's from the movies. Then it would have been much more rare and not nearly as easy or cost effective to "clone".
Collectibility is in the eye of the beholder so it's hard to say what will or won't be collectible in the future.

2002 Camaro SS / M6 - Bright Rally Red
2013 Camaro 2SS / 1LE - Victory Red
post #15 of 19 Old 07-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member

When I was younger and the Buick Grand National came
you just knew that a limited run of a few years and how badass that car was
it was going to be a collectors car at some point. When you think of the TF Camaro do
you get that same feeling? I myself didn't but I could def be wrong.

2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS ZEX Wet Shot, Typhoon 63 series CAI, DR Formato Tuned
JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

post #16 of 19 Old 07-18-2012, 03:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick 2K2 SS View Post
I think the TF edition would have been more collectible if they would have actually matched the paint color of the Bumblebee's from the movies. Then it would have been much more rare and not nearly as easy or cost effective to "clone".
Collectibility is in the eye of the beholder so it's hard to say what will or won't be collectible in the future.
Completely agree!1 But i still do think it might be collectible... But matching paint and stripes would have definitely been a plus!
post #17 of 19 Old 07-19-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn29 View Post
Collectable? Sure , now does that mean it will be worth alot more money than you paid for it? Doubtful , but I undoubtably believe these cars will be a very desirable car for years to come.

Yes they are a mass produced car , but so were the first gens. Just for arguments sake check this out 1967 Camaro RPO totals, 1967 Camaro options, 1967 camaro option lookup, 1967 camaro production statistics, 1967 camaro convertible total, 1967 camaro coupe total, 1967 camaro ss total, 1967 camaro ss 396 total, 1967 Camaro production totals, RPO (Reg 100,000 more 1967 camaro's were produced than 2010's.....Its gonna be interesting to see how these cars evolve in the collector world for sure......I, however am gonna enjoy mine....collector or not
I have to agree, I remember hearing about the guysthat bought brand new silver aniversary edition Corvettes and put them away for 25 - 30 years only to get less than they paid for them and didn't even enjoy the ride.

I'm driving mine
post #18 of 19 Old 09-05-2012, 09:40 PM

So chevy did make a bumble bee camaro with the transformer logo on it..
post #19 of 19 Old 09-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz3 View Post
So chevy did make a bumble bee camaro with the transformer logo on it..
No, for all practicality purposes, people call it a "Bumble Bee" Camaro in reference to the movie, but it is a Transformers Edition Camaro. For the past few years, you could go to Chevrolet's website and it was under the SE (Special Edition) Tab. There's quite a few SE Camaro's that people probably don't know about.... Like the Act of Valor Camaro.

However, to answer your question, it's always been the Transformers Edition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page