Transformers: Special Edition (Blu-ray) - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Transformers Movie - Bumblebee and more The new Camaro stars as the Autobot Bumblebee
In the Transformers series feature films.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-14-2008, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Super Moderator

Transformers: Special Edition (Blu-ray)

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies...41&show=review

Transformers. Blu-ray. Finally, after nearly ten months, the film that was the centerpiece of the Blu-ray vs. HD DVD format war is available on the victorious and superior high definition format, Blu-ray. Much like the war between the Autobots and the Decepticons as depicted in this film, the high definition format war was short but brutal. Paramount Pictures, the distributor of Transformers, shifted from a policy of format neutrality to one of HD DVD exclusivity only weeks before the expected street date of Transformers on both formats. Many high definition fans were shocked and saddened at the news, and the fact that Transformers had tags such as "format seller" and "potential audio and video reference material" attached to it worsened the blow. At the time, it was one of, if not the, most anticipated Blu-ray releases ever, and with word of the press release announcing format exclusivity on the part of Paramount, Transformers became something of a legend among Blu-ray fans, the symbol of the format war, and the movie was sited as the title that was to put HD DVD over the top and spell the beginning of the end for Blu-ray. As fortune would have it, however, high definition consumers, studios, and many consumer electronics manufacturers recognized the strengths of the Blu-ray format and, as days turned to weeks, as weeks became months, the writing-on-the-wall began to materialize, and it spelled the end of Toshiba's inferior high definition optical disc platform. Now, Transformers is home on Blu-ray, where director Michael Bay (The Rock) wanted it all along, and it's all we once dreamed it could be. The disc is a winner in every regard, a trophy that, for me, even more than any press release or HD DVD fire sale, symbolizes the official end of the HD DVD platform and the victory of the superior Blu-ray format.

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-14-2008, 07:48 AM
Veteran Member

yay!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
Facebook has sucked me into Farmtown.

What can I say I love virtual plowing.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-14-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazjetman View Post
yay!!!!!
+10000000000000000!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #4 of 5 Old 08-14-2008, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Super Moderator

I've been waiting for this to happen. I refused to buy the HD DVD. Time for a surround sound system now

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress
post #5 of 5 Old 08-15-2008, 08:18 PM
I drive a Honda

Been needing an excuse to buy a HD tv. Guess I HAVE to now. Nice write up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page