Bumblebee Replica... Spoiler help!! - Page 3 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Transformers Movie - Bumblebee and more The new Camaro stars as the Autobot Bumblebee
In the Transformers series feature films.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 51 Old 09-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarodb View Post
LOL thank you, and i thought i was a nerd about them i didnt want to make it more confuseing, but didint stop to think that i could have been a little misleading to.
LOL I love Second Gens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 51 Old 09-24-2008, 08:09 PM

is that a 74 5 or 6?
i have a 76 but im gunna do red with white stripes
i just wanna know
post #23 of 51 Old 09-25-2008, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

My Camaro is a 77!

I've sent year one an email asking for a picture of their spoiler so I hope they get back to me soon...

The one in the picture with the yellow Camaro under construction looks pretty similar to the Bumblebee spoiler....

I want to try contact the Transport Department from the Transformers movie and see if I can locate which exact spoiler they used or better if they happen to have any spares!!

Thanks everyone for all this info on the second gen's!

If you have any other clues let me know... oh and if anyone knows anyway to contact Paramount Pictures of anyone from the Transformers movie, let me know!! haha

post #24 of 51 Old 09-25-2008, 09:52 PM

actually i belive it is saleen that you want to contact, his shop is the one that built tthe camaros for the movie, i think anyway. someone correct me if i am wrong, paramount wouldnt really know about he building of the car. they would more then likely tell you to contact the props dept.

1969 SS327 at 16 started a lifetime love affair
post #25 of 51 Old 05-01-2009, 10:48 AM

Front Spoiler found!

Hey Man,

I'm working on the same project as you. I've got a 1977 Camaro and so far have mostly done mechanical work to get it road worthy, new transmission, engine rebuild ect. However I've done a TON of research on what parts were used on the original. For one, check out the article on edmunds.com about the 1976 Camaro actually used in filming. There's a good interview that lists a lot of the parts used and most can be found at summitracing.com including many interior parts.

I had to search EVERYWHERE to find the exact spoiler used and you can get it from classic industries website. That is the only place I've ever found it. Their site just changed so it doesnt show the picture but I'm pretty sure this is the right one. here's the link :

http://www.classicindustries.com/con...rchCatalogId=1

I have the catalog at home so I can send you the part numbers since it shows the pictures and it matches the film car EXACTLY, not just closely.

I'm anxious to see any new pictures of your car. I attached one of mine, still needs a bit of body work, paint ect...I'm going to a like new version of bumblebee while still remaining true to the film car.

All the best,

Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0279.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1595  
post #26 of 51 Old 05-01-2009, 07:43 PM

Serial numbers

Hey again,

I just checked my classic industries catalog and the part numbers for the front spoiler pieces are:

PT55845 for the "1974-1977 Center spoiler" - $69.99

PT51418 for the "1974-1977 Spoiler extensions" (the sides) and it says it's "for use with PT55845 Center spoiler" - $139.99

Those are them man, trust me on that . So if you don't already have them hopefully thats the last piece of the puzzle. You can order a free catalog from www.classicindustries.com

Cheers,

Tom
post #27 of 51 Old 06-08-2009, 11:34 AM

Good luck with your 77. I have a 79 I am doing. My car has a/c and everything. Thank God because I live in Texas. I have finished with most of my mechanical stuff, AND then decided I needed more horsepower so I bought a 500 hp big block for it!! Time to start over muahaha
post #28 of 51 Old 09-18-2009, 04:54 PM

Thumbs up

Hey guys. Just wanted to chime in on the front spoiler issue. I just an email back from Classic Industries. They sent me some pics, and this is DEFINITELY the correct spoiler! I put mine on order a few minutes ago. $249.00, plus Oversize freight charge and tax of $51 or so, so $301 total to shipped to GA. Here is the reply from Classic Industries:

"Hello, I have attached pictures of the items, it looks like we have gone to new numbers, most likely a new vendor.

The current part number for the kit (both items and the seal that goes with them) is pt# C15252 and is priced 249.99."

Sides:

Center Section:

Hope this helps guys, and it's great to be on the message board!

BumbleBee350, I'd love to see some more pics of your project! It looks like your pretty dead on so far! Quit teasing us with pictures peeping around a warehouse door! Get that thing out and do a photoshoot!

Best regards,

Scotty
post #29 of 51 Old 09-18-2009, 10:05 PM

I owned a 74 and I ahve seen the movie car in person. I posted pics of it up here a few years back.

It is a stock 74-81 type spoiler.

There was nothing special about anything on the car. All stock options. Most of the damage you see in the movie is created. The rust areas were paint, but the dents were real.

The car was in pretty good shape, before the Hollywood guys got a hold of it with hammers.

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #30 of 51 Old 09-18-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn View Post
To clarify, the subframes from the 70-73 and the subframes from the 74-81 are different. The rear windows are the same from 70-74. In 75 they changed to a rounder rear window. Tail Lights from 70-73 were dual round tail lights. For 74-77 they were kinda wedge shaped on the outter edges, and on the 78-81 they were almost like the third gen tail lights. Z28s were only produced from 70-74 and 77-81. Almost all body parts are interchangeable. Alot of people like to take 74s (because they're cheap) and put 70-73 replacement body panels on them (especially the RS style). The interiors are pretty much interchangeable. The dashes were the same design from 70-78 and switched to a squarer, flatter style from 79-81. The Center consoles were different from 70-74 and the same for 78-81s. I believe it was 77 or 78 when they introduced a pseudo circuit board thing that controlled current to lights, gauges, etc. In 80 they actually had something of a computer on board.
74 was the last year of the SQUARE rear window. And no bumperettes. 454 was an option, I do believe, but it may have been 73.

I thought the subframe waas the same to 1974 as with the Nova.

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page