V6 Stall Torque Converter - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V6 Engine Discussion 3.6L LLT V6 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-14-2011, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

V6 Stall Torque Converter

I know there are alot of torque converters out there for the 6L80, but only a one I think for the 6L50... Has any V6ers tried this mod yet? Besides one that has a turbo or supercharger. This is a mod I have kinda been wanting for awhile and want some more info on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member

Have you ever driven a car with a stall in it before ? IF you do go with a stall dont go with a large one to where its not driveable. To some people when the converter locks up and disengages it messes with people when they are not used to it.

I have a 3200 stall and its VERY driveable. I honestly dont know what size you should go with.

Send a Pm to jenetty Racing and ask him his imput on what size to go with.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-14-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
I know there are alot of torque converters out there for the 6L80, but only a one I think for the 6L50... Has any V6ers tried this mod yet? Besides one that has a turbo or supercharger. This is a mod I have kinda been wanting for awhile and want some more info on it.
I have heard about this mod awhile ago - and from professionals they argue that it is one of the most beneficial mods that can be done. Sorry I don't have more info regarding it...

post #4 of 6 Old 02-14-2011, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Have you ever driven a car with a stall in it before ? IF you do go with a stall dont go with a large one to where its not driveable. To some people when the converter locks up and disengages it messes with people when they are not used to it.

I have a 3200 stall and its VERY driveable. I honestly dont know what size you should go with.

Send a Pm to jenetty Racing and ask him his imput on what size to go with.
I have not. But I dont want a big one either, no more than 3200. Maybe even 2800. I am also going to go with a transmition cooler. I think I am going to work with Circle D. I called them today and they are local. Gonna have Owen take my stock one out and we are going to let Circle D evaluate it to see if the one they have for the 6l80 is capatable. If not they are going to build me one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCEADDiCTBOY View Post
I have heard about this mod awhile ago - and from professionals they argue that it is one of the most beneficial mods that can be done. Sorry I don't have more info regarding it...
Thats what the shop I use said. Decided this would be good with a tranny tune.

post #5 of 6 Old 02-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member

IMO a trans cooler is much needed for any automatic tranny CHEAP INSURANCE is what I like to call it.

also a 3200 is a little big imo for what you are looking for go with a 2400 or maybe a 2800

I had to have a 3200 with my cam as the car wanted to pull hard at a redlight therefore I went with the 3200 and everything is perfect now and its very easy to drive.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-14-2011, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
IMO a trans cooler is much needed for any automatic tranny CHEAP INSURANCE is what I like to call it.

also a 3200 is a little big imo for what you are looking for go with a 2400 or maybe a 2800

I had to have a 3200 with my cam as the car wanted to pull hard at a redlight therefore I went with the 3200 and everything is perfect now and its very easy to drive.
Yeah thats what the guy at Circle D was telling me. He said you can get a really really good brand for like $75. And I like being able to rest assured. Now my tires on the other hand... Hahah. Must not take Traction Conrol off.

It might just be. He said we would play with it alittle. VERY VERY few people have it on the V6 as of yet so there isn't alot of information out there to compare too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page