Engine code - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V6 Engine Discussion 3.6L LLT V6 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 04-30-2011, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Angry Engine code

I installed a K&N air charger short ram. It keeps throwing me fuel system lean codes. Has anyone heard of this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-30-2011, 11:47 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Sorry to hear you're having a problem. The CEL issue was why I didn't buy a K&N for my V6.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-01-2011, 02:47 AM

Unplug the battery for 10 minutes. Also, verify all connections are good and tight with no air leaks. See if that works for ya!

post #4 of 8 Old 05-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe you put in the maf sensor wrong? Or damaged it while installing? I just installed mine and had no problems whatsoever. The instructions that come with the show everything in detail so if you followed them you shouldn't have had an issue...
post #5 of 8 Old 05-04-2011, 07:59 AM

i haven't had a single issue since installing my K&N aircharger....just unplug the battery it and make sure the M.A.F. is nice and snug on all 6 points....i know mine was a total P.I.T.A. during install (the MAF clip wasn't properly fitting into the bracket to mount to the tube), but it's worth it for no CEL's

2011 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible Auto, CGM
2010 Chevy Camaro 1LT 3.6L Manual [Production #115] Black with cyber grey stripes (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3370622) Traded 12/10/11
August 2011 MotM
-"Team LLT" representative
South Jersey Camaro Club member
post #6 of 8 Old 05-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFTW View Post
i haven't had a single issue since installing my K&N aircharger....just unplug the battery it and make sure the M.A.F. is nice and snug on all 6 points....i know mine was a total P.I.T.A. during install (the MAF clip wasn't properly fitting into the bracket to mount to the tube), but it's worth it for no CEL's
Yeah there's a certain way to get it to seat in that bracket... it wouldn't go for me either for like 10 min then I pulled it out and started on one side and it snapped right in. The pictures also show which direction the maf sensor is supposed to go into the tube... which could cause a problem if you put it in backwards. Hopefully he got it figured out
post #7 of 8 Old 05-11-2011, 09:42 PM

i had the same thing happen to. I even went to my dealer to have them chek things out they said [email protected] cai are junk. so i had to put the factory stuff back on the runs great. now
post #8 of 8 Old 05-12-2011, 05:54 AM
Veteran Member

Idk how they could be junk if you are putting the stock maf sensor in it?? Its just a tube and filter. Im still yet to have a code with mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page