Make this board Different and add a separate LFX V6 Engine section - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V6 Engine Discussion 3.6L LLT V6 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 10-04-2011, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Make this board Different and add a separate LFX V6 Engine section

I would really like to see a separate LFX engine section here on Modern Camaro. The LLT and LFX are different enough to warrent this IMO. I can't wait for a LFX owner to order headers.

2012 2LT 45th Anniversary Edition ~ Solocus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 10-04-2011, 04:51 PM

Headers are built in on the LFX. Thats the down pipe. NO way to add aftermarket headers on this engine.

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
post #3 of 22 Old 10-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Supporter of common sense

Don't see a real need to split it up to be honest.

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!

post #4 of 22 Old 10-05-2011, 03:33 AM
Veteran Member

It's the same engine but with integrated headers.
Maybe, if anything, put "3.6L LLT/LFX V6" in the description.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 22 Old 10-05-2011, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Freak View Post
Headers are built in on the LFX. Thats the down pipe. NO way to add aftermarket headers on this engine.
Headers are headers, the LLT has exhaust manifolds while the "exhaust manifold" is built into the cylinder heads on LFX engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
Don't see a real need to split it up to be honest.
My original point is kind of proven by the responses....The engines, tuning, and Modding will be unique to the LFX. Many people on this board are only casual car "guys" and will not understand that mods will be different. If there are two sections then they will at least have to have a clue to figure out which engine they have before taking someones advice on parts or tuning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luwinkle View Post
It's the same engine but with integrated headers.
Maybe, if anything, put "3.6L LLT/LFX V6" in the description.
The engines are very different. One might argue that all they have in common is they are both V6s. For example:

"new cylinder head design with an integrated exhaust manifold, an improved intake port design and larger intake valves within the cylinder heads. We also see a new fuel pump system and isolated fuel rail, new fuel injectors and a composite intake manifold. Rounding out the improvements are stronger, lighter connecting rods, a camshaft cap and throttle body design enhancements.

Radiator has changed also so LLT CAIs will not work. Computer is different as well so tuning will be different. I'm sure there are even more differences that I have not included.

Maybe the answer is to open a completely new forum dedicated to the V6 Camaro. In the 4th gen world this is the case. Sure this will cause more work for the Moderators, but in the end it would be a better approach. A year from now when it may be obvious that two sections should have been created, it will be to late. I may be wrong, but i truely believe separation is important.

post #6 of 22 Old 10-05-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solocus View Post
Headers are headers, the LLT has exhaust manifolds while the "exhaust manifold" is built into the cylinder heads on LFX engines.

I am old school....Kind of like to pick out my own headers.

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
post #7 of 22 Old 10-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solocus View Post
My original point is kind of proven by the responses....The engines, tuning, and Modding will be unique to the LFX. Many people on this board are only casual car "guys" and will not understand that mods will be different. If there are two sections then they will at least have to have a clue to figure out which engine they have before taking someones advice on parts or tuning.
If there is a specific thread, they can specify what gen V6 in the thread title. Splitting forum areas too much results in clutter. Been there, done that on other sites.

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #8 of 22 Old 10-05-2011, 07:30 PM

And plus, the block is the same. The LFX will not have a header......

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #9 of 22 Old 10-06-2011, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
And plus, the block is the same. The LFX will not have a header......
The block may be the same, I'll trust you on that one, but when it comes to just about everything else, mods especially, everything else engine wise is different. From what I can tell most people just don't understand that so few changes have such a great impact concerning the typical topics in this section.

I can almost assure you that someone on this forum will order headers for a LLT when they have a LFX since there is no separate catagory.

Another popular Camaro Forum has combined the two already. I'd like to see this board be the premire V6 forum, specifically when it comes to the LFX. Again, maybe a whole new forum is really the way to go, which as I said before, is how the 4th gens ended up.

post #10 of 22 Old 10-06-2011, 10:26 AM

Um, you can remove the top end from an X and replace it with a T.

When the engine was released they noted that that was the main difference.

That would be like having a LS1, LS2 and a different LS6 section at an LS site. Those engines are basically the same shortblock.

Bigger is not always better.

Like someone suggested, when you are starting a thread, it is important to have a GREAT titles, just now, "I have a problem" as your title.....

Is this horse dead yet?

Any more questions?

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page