MRT | 2010+ Camaro V6 MRT Axle-Back Exhaust - Version 2.0 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V6 Engine Discussion 3.6L LLT V6 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-02-2012, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

MRT | 2010+ Camaro V6 MRT Axle-Back Exhaust - Version 2.0

2010+ Camaro V6 MRT Axle-Back Exhaust, Version 2.0

We have had an overwhelming amount of 3.6L Camaro owners recommend this exhaust and wanted to share some information an videos.

The MRT Version 2.0 Axle-Back Exhaust for the 2010-2012 V6 Camaro offers presence and tasteful performance sound. Compared to the MRT Version 1.0 Axle-Back for 2010-2012 V6 Camaro, the Version 2.0 Axle-Back exhaust note sounds smoother, deeper and slightly quieter at idle. The result is a classic, muscular sound. In the high RPM range, the two exhaust systems sound similar. Listen to the MRT exhaust videos embedded below to hear the Version 2.0 system for yourself.

The MRT Version 2.0 Axle-Back features construction from the finest 304 stainless steel, making it light-weight and durable. Installation of the exhaust is simple and drill-free. The MRT Axle-Back clamps-on directly in place of the factory axle-back. 3.5" polished stainless steel exhaust tips are welded to the axle-back and included with purchase of the exhaust system.

This MRT Version 2.0 Axle-Back Exhaust (91A177) will fit the 2010-2012 Camaro V6, RS & LS Models. MRT also offers a 2010-2012 Camaro SS Axle-Back Exhaust System.

Product Features
● Made of the highest quality 304 stainless steel
● 3.5-inch polished stainless steel exhaust tips included
● Delivers a performance exhaust tone with presence
● Easy, direct bolt-on installation
● Fits 2010-2012 Camaro, V6 models

Installation Instructions

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-02-2012, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

rtcat600man: I installed my own MRT 2.0. Then took it to the people who built it and had them weld it on.

I have had many members on this and other Forums say this is one of the best sounding systems they have heard and by far the best sounding MRT 2.0 system.

Take a listen for yourself. Listen to these thru some headphones or ear buds. Here is a few videos for you:

This one is from inside my Camaro on the way to the dragstrip.

This one is from inside my Camaro while at the dragstrip. Sorry about the Camera tipping.

This one is one that SCRMNG filmed for me while we were at the dragstrip. the last 30 seconds is me on a single pass.

This last clip is one that danrc28 put together when visiting me to hear a MRT 2.0 system. He went from Toronto to Florida and back stopping along the way picking up sound bytes. The video starts off with outside rev's, then an on ramp full throttle run, then an acceleration run from inside while talking about drone. Tape finishes with me passing the camera on the highway doing 3rd gear runs. Which has not been recorded by anyone else using the MRT (or at least I am not aware of anyone with this type of recording.) (rcat's)

post #3 of 7 Old 02-22-2012, 02:43 PM

Does anyone have the MRT 2 system with the QTP electric cut outs is it too loud in the interior ? Hoping to find a guy who has this set up already.

post #4 of 7 Old 02-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrak View Post
Does anyone have the MRT 2 system with the QTP electric cut outs is it too loud in the interior ? Hoping to find a guy who has this set up already.
CamaroFreak has the QTP cut outs...here's his thread. But like me...he has shorty headers (Doug Thorleys) and the Flowmaster.

https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/v6...uts-my-v6.html

Since the cut-outs are just going to delete the MRT's basically...I'm not sure what the point of that combo would be. And the V6 sounds pretty crappy with cut-outs and no headers IMO...so you might want to give that a listen first.

And beauty is in the ear of the listener so maybe you'll like the way it sounds.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-22-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
CamaroFreak has the QTP cut outs...here's his thread. But like me...he has shorty headers (Doug Thorleys) and the Flowmaster.

https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/v6...uts-my-v6.html

Since the cut-outs are just going to delete the MRT's basically...I'm not sure what the point of that combo would be. And the V6 sounds pretty crappy with cut-outs and no headers IMO...so you might want to give that a listen first.

And beauty is in the ear of the listener so maybe you'll like the way it sounds.
Ok thanks for the info looks like I'll have research it before I jump the gun.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrak View Post
Ok thanks for the info looks like I'll have research it before I jump the gun.
What year model LS do you have?

Okay...I checked and you have a 2012...so no headers for you.
Looks like you'll be limited for now on your options with the new LFX engine design.

Last edited by Envy; 02-22-2012 at 04:38 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 02-22-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
What year model LS do you have?

Okay...I checked and you have a 2012...so no headers for you.
Looks like you'll be limited for now on your options with the new LFX engine design.
Yea I found that early on with the integrated headers. Hoping I can still get that deep growl I want I might just go with the MRT 2.0 and go from there. It maybe enough I need to hear it in person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page