Chirpy whine on driver's side under hood - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V6 Engine Discussion 3.6L LLT V6 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-17-2013, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: McCormick, SC
Posts: 7
 
Chirpy whine on driver's side under hood

I have a 2012 LT2/RS. Keep hearing this chirpy whine under the hood. I tried to pinpoint it the other night and the closest I came was near the oil filter. I'm not sure what it is. I guess I'll just take it on in to the dealer. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
bigfurm59 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 05-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Member
 
Chevy Customer Service's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 383
        
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfurm59 View Post
I have a 2012 LT2/RS. Keep hearing this chirpy whine under the hood. I tried to pinpoint it the other night and the closest I came was near the oil filter. I'm not sure what it is. I guess I'll just take it on in to the dealer. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
Greetings,

Sincerest apologies about the whining noise, though I'm happy to hear you're taking it in to a dealer. I would like to monitor this matter and the repair status. Could you message me your name, address, VIN, and vehicle mileage? I look forward to hearing from you!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care



Available 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST
Chevy Customer Service is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 05-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Veteran Member
 
83Hokie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,590
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Service View Post
Greetings,

Sincerest apologies about the whining noise, though I'm happy to hear you're taking it in to a dealer. I would like to monitor this matter and the repair status. Could you message me your name, address, VIN, and vehicle mileage? I look forward to hearing from you!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Just curious, we see these Chevy Customer Service posts all the time, so what is the relationship with Chevy? I assume not attached to an individual dealer and that you are somehow attached to corporate Chevy, but how? Also, you always ask for name, address, VIN and mileage ... is this going to some sort of database? and what is being done with the data? How can you track it with this information? Again, I'm assuming, that the dealer input tracks back to corporate, but how does providing info here add too or provide additional information from what is provided by the dealer? As said, just a little bit curious how this data is helping?

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
83Hokie is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 05-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Member
 
Chevy Customer Service's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 383
        
Hello 83Hokie!

We are the Social Media team based in Detroit, MI, and are here to provide assistance to customers online with their vehicle issues. We are not attached to any individual dealer, but are always happy to assist in locating one for you. Your information is collected for documentation purposes and helps when corresponding with dealerships. It is helpful to us to have your information for any future issues you may have as well. I hope this answers your questions! Please let me know if further clarification is needed.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hokie View Post
Just curious, we see these Chevy Customer Service posts all the time, so what is the relationship with Chevy? I assume not attached to an individual dealer and that you are somehow attached to corporate Chevy, but how? Also, you always ask for name, address, VIN and mileage ... is this going to some sort of database? and what is being done with the data? How can you track it with this information? Again, I'm assuming, that the dealer input tracks back to corporate, but how does providing info here add too or provide additional information from what is provided by the dealer? As said, just a little bit curious how this data is helping?



Available 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST
Chevy Customer Service is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 05-17-2013, 06:58 PM
Veteran Member
 
83Hokie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,590
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Service View Post
Hello 83Hokie!

We are the Social Media team based in Detroit, MI, and are here to provide assistance to customers online with their vehicle issues. We are not attached to any individual dealer, but are always happy to assist in locating one for you. Your information is collected for documentation purposes and helps when corresponding with dealerships. It is helpful to us to have your information for any future issues you may have as well. I hope this answers your questions! Please let me know if further clarification is needed.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
Nope, that's good, thanks for answering ... like I said, just a little curious.

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
83Hokie is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 05-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Member
 
rangomr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Boston, VA
Posts: 375
 
Garage
ME TOO, good job 83Hokie. This is a great site. Michael in Virginia (probably below U or over there)

:
rangomr is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 05-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Member
 
Chevy Customer Service's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 383
        
You're welcome! If you are ever in need of our assistance, we would be happy to help!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hokie View Post
Nope, that's good, thanks for answering ... like I said, just a little curious.



Available 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST
Chevy Customer Service is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome