MRT 2.0 owners only! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V6 Engine Discussion 3.6L LLT V6 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 06-06-2013, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

MRT 2.0 owners only!

Hey guys, so I just got my v2.0 installed, I put on possibly 80 miles on them thus far, I know there are threads for what I am about to ask, but I dont think my question was asked specifically in those threads, so here it goes... Will this exhaust get deeper upon further miles driven in my car, if so how many miles would you say? I had a previous 2010 camaro and i remember this exhaust sounding so good that I smiled, now I just kinda smirk for a few seconds, maybe a reasoning behind that would be me owning a v8 with slp loud mouths for so long that I just got used to that rumble and backfire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-06-2013, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Also the guys at middas ended up clamping them on and welding some parts and it took them over an hour and charged me 82 bucks, with an end result being the left tip does not stick out as far as the right tip and I am worried the heat will ruin my plastic... I am taking it back saturday for a fix.
post #3 of 12 Old 06-07-2013, 05:46 PM

Garage
I have the MRT V2.0 on my 2012 2lt and it took about 1200 miles for mine to "get deeper" but i promise you this as awesome as the lfx motor is in the V6 it will NEVER sound like a V8 with slp exhaust.

post #4 of 12 Old 06-07-2013, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Ya, I know lol... but with all the features and looks with the camaro, I was willing to downgrade my engine... and i cant wait 2 hit the 1200 mark, do you recommend any particular CIA with this exhaust set up, or specific tuners?
post #5 of 12 Old 06-07-2013, 07:52 PM

Garage
without starting any CAI wars or anything..... I have the ROTO-FAB CAI and I like it alot. Easy to install, looks good under the hood and really hepls bring the LFX to life. I havent done any tunes....yet.
post #6 of 12 Old 06-07-2013, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

cool, ya I was looking at that same one, looks pretty legit under the hood, but I am leaning more towards highest performance possible out of a CAI, so I may go with varaam but will see
post #7 of 12 Old 06-07-2013, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input, did you notice much torque gain? I kind of want to get rid of that lag when I press the pedal and want it to just go
post #8 of 12 Old 06-08-2013, 10:09 PM

Garage
to help with the lag.... try ported throttle body by RX. No HP gain, but does help with lag alot.
post #9 of 12 Old 06-09-2013, 06:20 AM

Vmax

A little off-topic, but the link below shows an increase in HP/Torque with the Vmax ported throttle body. YMMV.

I have one installed and it got rid of the infamous "dead spot".

https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/v6...g-results.html

post #10 of 12 Old 06-09-2013, 06:55 PM

Garage
I love my CAI unit that I was able to install myself and I'm for sure not a engine guy. But this change was easy and It's getting louder each week now since I've got about 3,000+ on the MRT V-2 & the CAI too. Michael in Virginia

:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page