Working on a couple products for the v6 guys, The Adapolator, and The Extendolator - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V6 Engine Discussion 3.6L LLT V6 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-14-2013, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
JacFab.com

Working on a couple products for the v6 guys, The Adapolator, and The Extendolator

Hello v6 guys! I've noticed that the aftermarket parts available for the LLT and LFX is pretty limited so with the recent purchase of our new 2013 2LS v6 test car, I've started working on a couple new products that I think could generate some excitement among the v6 owners that are always looking for the next big thing, but have run up against the wall because you're out of things to do aside from going with Nitrous, Turbos, or Super Charging...

The first product I've started working on has been dubbed "The Adaptolator". I'm sure many of you are familiar with the couple of manifold "isolators" that are available? This is essentially an isolator, but it's main purpose is to adapt the light weight, composite (less heat soak!), better flowing LFX intake manifold onto the LLT engine.

Utilizing a 2 piece construction, The Adaptolator seamlessly merges the LFX port shape to the LLT port shape, while also fixing the different bolt pattern problem. I have one prototype Adaptolator cut out of aluminum, almost ready to go. I may need someone to test this as I have an LFX car, and I need a LLT car to try the Adaptolator out with an LFX manifold. However, I also have a stock LLT manifold on the way, which should show up next week, and seeing as how the Adaptolator goes both ways, I can test the LLT intake manifold on my LFX car and see which one performs better, although, the results may not be the same on an LLT car.

I will post pictures of this as they come.

The second product that I am working on, which I finished and installed the first prototype today I have dubbed "The Extendolator"... Basically following the "isolator" principal, but the LFX manifold is already mostly composite material so there is really no need to isolate from heat, but the biggest gain is from the increased runner length which should increase low end torque substantially. Why no one has made it for the LFX yet, I don't know, so I figured, "What the hell?" and took it upon myself. This I do have pictures of...

So the master plan is currently: Hit the next drag strip race with similar weather than my last time out with the car and see if there is any improvement in ET/MPH with the Extendolator installed... Dyno the car as it is currently with the LFX manifold and the Extendolator installed. Remove the Extendolator and test just the LFX manifold by itself. Then install the Adaptolator and the LLT intake manifold and run it again... Of course all of the dyno work is going to happen once I get the LLT manifold and related parts in hand and get everything polished off.

I do expect the Extendolator mod for the LFX to be very worthwhile. As I expected it does feel a bit more torquey from a stop, can't wait to see dyno results.

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro
Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket, Dynomax Axleback, JacFab CAI System, JacFab HFC's, Bo White ported TB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-15-2013, 06:21 AM

subscribed, and following to see how this works out for us. Thank - you.

post #3 of 4 Old 07-15-2013, 04:36 PM

Did this work?

post #4 of 4 Old 07-15-2013, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
JacFab.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Did this work?
Which part? The LFX Intake Extendolator (spacer) is currently on the car, and running with no problems. It does feel like it pulls a bit harder off the bottom, but I have not run it at the track, or dynoed it yet.

The Adaptolator (part that adapts either an LFX intake to the LLT engine, or the LLT intake to the LFX engine), is not quite done yet, I'm waiting for an LLT intake manifold to show up this week... Once I get all the little things worked out, I plan to dyno everything the same day.

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro
Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket, Dynomax Axleback, JacFab CAI System, JacFab HFC's, Bo White ported TB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page