Catch can - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V6 Engine Discussion 3.6L LLT V6 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 61 Old 08-25-2014, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
I PAID MY DUES!!

Catch can

In need of a catch can for my next mod/upgrade. What are your thoughts on brand, place to purchase and easement of installation? It took me 20 minutes to install my BBK CAI and ported throttle body. Will this be that easy too??

"Monica" 2014 1 LT Summit White LFX w/ VMAX throttle body, BBK CAI, E2 catch can w\ clean air separator, Weather Tech all around floor mats, PFYC.com OEM spoiler, CORSA w\ XO-Pipe Sport Performance exhaust, and much more to come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 Old 08-25-2014, 12:06 PM

Garage
It took me maybe 20 minutes to install. There is actually a couple good youtube videos out there to show how to install it. You basically mount it and run 2 hoses to it.
I purchased the elite engineering can for $155. Heres the site i got it from. Elite Engineering - PCV Catch Can - 2010-2014 Camaro V6 - CAMPCV-OCCLLT | JDP Motorsports

White 2014 2LT/RS! Black interior with Blue accent trim package.

post #3 of 61 Old 08-25-2014, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
I PAID MY DUES!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *2LT RS* View Post
It says there is a standard and drivers side mounting bracket. Is that just for preference or am I supposed to get a particular one for my car?

"Monica" 2014 1 LT Summit White LFX w/ VMAX throttle body, BBK CAI, E2 catch can w\ clean air separator, Weather Tech all around floor mats, PFYC.com OEM spoiler, CORSA w\ XO-Pipe Sport Performance exhaust, and much more to come!

post #4 of 61 Old 08-25-2014, 07:28 PM

Passenger side is easiest. Just snip the line and add the hoses.

The Cheap-*ss Modder
It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
Just Sittin' The Bench
post #5 of 61 Old 08-25-2014, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
I PAID MY DUES!!

Thanks for the picture! I guess it just depends on which brand catch can you get because I've seen several and they have all mounted in a different location. What is a general rule of thumb on emptying these and how fast is normal for them to accumulate oil? I've read on this site that some folks have had them around half full just after 1000 miles of an oil change. Is that normal and does that much oil return to be burned off without a catch can?

post #6 of 61 Old 08-26-2014, 07:57 AM

The one pictured has a little less than 1600 miles of use and is about 1/4th full. I'm going to change the engine oil next week to Mobil 1 full synthetic with an AC Delco filter and empty the can then.

That crap has to go somewhere, so the engine eats it (UGH!).

The Cheap-*ss Modder
It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
Just Sittin' The Bench
post #7 of 61 Old 08-26-2014, 07:57 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLN View Post
It says there is a standard and drivers side mounting bracket. Is that just for preference or am I supposed to get a particular one for my car?
I ordered the standard mounting bracket which is on the passenger side and made the most sense. In the pic you will see also where it mounts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cc.jpg
Views:	1162
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	40729  

post #8 of 61 Old 08-26-2014, 08:04 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLN View Post
Thanks for the picture! I guess it just depends on which brand catch can you get because I've seen several and they have all mounted in a different location. What is a general rule of thumb on emptying these and how fast is normal for them to accumulate oil? I've read on this site that some folks have had them around half full just after 1000 miles of an oil change. Is that normal and does that much oil return to be burned off without a catch can?
In one of the other post I mentioned that my can was almost half full in 2000 miles. I did that out of curiosity though and empty mine a lot sooner than that now. Alot of people I know empty them frequently like every few hundred miles. All I know is thats a lot of oil being put in the intake if the catch can wasnt collecting it.

Last edited by *2LT RS*; 08-26-2014 at 08:08 AM.
post #9 of 61 Old 08-27-2014, 12:33 PM

Garage
I've had the RX can, and I swapped over to the Apex can. I really like my Apex can.

2013 IOM Camaro 1LS - Daily Driver
1968 Camaro SS - Weekend Warrior
2000 Monte Carlo SS - CSC Powered Project Car
post #10 of 61 Old 08-27-2014, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
I PAID MY DUES!!

Why did you switch Chibi? I like how the one you have now mounts to the front instead of the back, but i guess it dont matter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page