Help! Diesel fuel in a 2013 v6! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V6 Engine Discussion 3.6L LLT V6 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 03-30-2015, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Help! Diesel fuel in a 2013 v6!

I'm looking at buying a 2013 camaro v6 that had diesel put in it.

I'm getting a "smoking" deal.

The diesel was drained but it still doesn't run right.

The car bogs down when you accelerate it and consumes oil like crazy. (several quarts a week)

The car has 72k miles.

I think it's possible that this might be the pcv valve/cat converter.

The car is also getting a low pressure code.

Can I get some expert advice?

No external block leakage and coolant is not leaking or being burned.

I really do think it's probably the pcv system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-31-2015, 07:41 AM

Garage
you need to check exhaust back pressure to determine if the cat is clogged. There is an adapter fitting that screws in the o2 sensor threads and a gauge that indicates the pressure as the engine is accelerated.

the following should have been replaced already, fuel filter, Maf. All the lines flushed, injector cleaned. Good luck

2011 Early Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood and side skirts, belly pan, carbon fiber extractor, ZL1 wheels, K&N cai, Elite catch can, Big Worm Black/Red Bowties, Vitesse TC
post #3 of 8 Old 03-31-2015, 02:06 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Good advice, except the MAF. I sincerely doubt diesel fuel contaminated the MAF. It's on the air intake.

High oil consumption? Get a compression test done. You may have cylinder damage on top of the diesel problems.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.

post #4 of 8 Old 03-31-2015, 05:41 PM

Garage
you can have a lot of spit back in the intake if the car is running poorly which can contaminate the maf sensor

2011 Early Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood and side skirts, belly pan, carbon fiber extractor, ZL1 wheels, K&N cai, Elite catch can, Big Worm Black/Red Bowties, Vitesse TC
post #5 of 8 Old 03-31-2015, 07:52 PM

was it a rental? a lot of miles for a 2013.

2012 1LS Silver Ice - Mods - SS Strut Brace, RX Catch Can, BBK CAI, TRS Bi-Xenon HID's, Blackout Grill, RX65 Radar Detector, 700watt 4 Channel Amp with Kicker Speakers, 4Pack Gauges Added, 30% tint. Baer Drilled Rotors & pads, 20" American Racing. Awesome car.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-01-2015, 07:48 AM

If was just diesel then i wound say buy it...but since its drinking oil like a two stroke you should probably just stay away Unless you can get the can for about $500 and you are prepared to dump a couple thousand into it.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-01-2015, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Diesel will get past the rings easily and quickly. This will dilute/mix with the engine oil , washing the oil off the walls, bearings etc very quickly damaging bearings. I wouldn't trust that engine any longer than it would take me to sneeze! I wouldn't even buy it at 72k without the diesel adventure.....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #8 of 8 Old 04-01-2015, 03:15 PM

Can't really add more that the others above have mentioned other than diesel generally wont hurt a thing and just drain tank and change fuel filter....do the reverse (gas in diesel engine and catastrophic!). I would assume there are deeper issues...but if the price is right, a good used engine is affordable to drop in....and nothing in the PCV system would have been effected...there is no PCV valve on these...just a PCV fixed orifice barb in the rear of the passenger side valve cover.

Get it cheap enough and drop in another engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page