Starting Issue - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V6 Engine Discussion 3.6L LLT V6 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-08-2015, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Starting Issue

I have a 2010 Camaro RS this issue isn't happening all the time just getting annoying.
Symptom is. Sometimes when I turn the car over it will crank twice then stop, I will turn the key back to the off position and retry. Usually on the second attempt the car will start but last night I had to try three times.

I have check the battery cables and they are tight and clean like new. I was thinking a dead spot in the starter but not sure. Has anyone else had this issue. I'm just struggling with the issue of the Starter or Battery already being bad. Thanks for any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-08-2015, 08:33 PM
Premium Member

Garage
If mine did this I would first replace the start relay in the fuse box under the hood. 12 volt relay, not expensive and only takes 1 minute....worth a try.

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #3 of 4 Old 08-11-2015, 06:26 AM

LLT to LFX engine conversion

I own a 2010 LLT Sequential Twin Turbo V-6, Automatic. My shop engineered, fabricated and installed the entire system. Vince at Trifecta did the tuning, which I still use today. He did a great job. The car is a daily driver and I have driven the car 30,000 miles to date with no issues. Runs awesome. As most LLT owner know, computer programming has some limitations and very difficult to do. In 2012, GM brought the LFX engine to the Camaro's utilizing a new Delphi computer system for control. This computer is so much easier to program for modifications, that better tuning refinements and horsepower extraction is easily accomplished.

With LLT's now getting higher mileage on them, I am researching the feasibility of transplanting the LFX engine in place of the LLT. This would allow a much better engine design, more inherent strength, a much better computer and more HP capability. I purchased a 2014 LFX engine complete and have it in my shop, researching this possibility.

So far, I have found out this much: The complete engine assembly will physically replace the current LLT with no modifications except the exhaust connections at the heads and no modifications to the body/chassis. That's silly simple and very easy.

Second, I have discovered that the same in-tank fuel pump is used on all Camaro V-6's. The engine wiring harnesses are different but to my surprise, the (2) body plugs are the same and will plug into the LLT. What I'm doing now is checking pin outs to see if any match. So far all of the LLT pin outs are the same as the LFX on the body plugs. The only issue that remains is that the LFX plugs have 8-10 additional pin outs that I am trying to identify. I believe they are used for a few extra options that were introduced on later LFX models.

It appears ( and I have NOT confirmed this) that you could plug the LFX body plugs into the LLT and the additional pins that the LFX has simply would dead end into the LLT harness and not be used, thus, making the electrical work with the LLT. The pin outs of both harnesses are identified as the same functions from the LLT to the LFX. If anyone can chime in on this and be of help, I would greatly appreciate it. This conversion would be great for LLT owners when they need engine replacement. LFX engines are readily available and cheap. A major upgrade, to say the least.

If the electrical can be worked out, this conversion will be a go for me. Other than very minor hookups, it's a piece of cake.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-11-2015, 03:50 PM

Can someone help me? How do I move this above thread to a different location? I mistakenly put it here and don't know how to move it. I want to start a new thread.

Thank you, Monty

Last edited by monty; 08-11-2015 at 03:51 PM. Reason: added information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page