What addons to buy first? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V6 Engine Discussion 3.6L LLT V6 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

1Likes
  • 1 Post By patriotpa

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-02-2018, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

What addons to buy first?

Does anybody have any dyno results for any of the below add-ons? I'm thinking of all of them, but wanted to know if anyone has seen results.
Even seat of the pants feel to give me an idea?

80 MM Throttle body,
Ported Intake for 80mm,
Intake Spacer,
Solo hi-flow cats,
MRT 2 mufflers,
Auto-Cal, or other brand tune,
CAI cold air induction. I do have this already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-03-2018, 05:04 AM
Premium Member

Garage
The intake flows just fine as-is. Virtually zero gain to be had there, unless you look at "benchmarketing", so everything on the intake side is just $$$ in their pocket for little to no gains.
The same with the cats.
If you want to change the sound, sure the muffler swap will do that, but don't expect a huuuuge difference in power.

I'd concentrate on paying it off 1st. It'll give you a chance to get used to the car, and time to think about what you really want so you won't hack up your car and regret it later.

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but you asked for advice, not someone who agrees with you. It looks like you're having regrets for not getting the SS. The mods you listed come to about $3400, give or take. Add ~3400 to the price of your V6, and you'd have an SS.
JWD621 likes this.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.

Last edited by patriotpa; 09-03-2018 at 07:56 AM.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-03-2018, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply patriopa. I had checked the marketing web pages for the add-on parts which advertised some gains on each, but honestly didn't expect to see much real world proof.
Just was wondering if anyone else had a different opinion. I heard a tune could add a little performance but $400 may be more $$ than worth it.
I do like the exhaust sound change after adding the CAI

post #4 of 6 Old 09-11-2018, 05:23 AM

Headers high-flow cats and a Dyno tune from a professional shop is your best bang for the buck. I don't know what year you have but kook's, BBK, stainless works and a few others sell them. Keep your mufflers. You should get anywhere from 25hp to 35hp conservatively at the rear wheel. If it's 2014 and later I don't think they make a header for it. GM change the design I read somewhere. I might be wrong dig around you might find something. They do make some nice forced induction systems. Walk before you run.

Twice forever banned from C5 club and working on a 3rd
No Hope
Ratt
post #5 of 6 Old 11-24-2018, 11:41 AM

i have a 2015 i installed kooks long tubes and green cats big difference about 4 hrs of work direct fit i also have an slp supercharger

Last edited by mikegsxr24; 11-24-2018 at 11:44 AM.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-24-2018, 11:47 AM

if u have active exhaust pull the fuse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page