L99 not sub 5.0 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 Old 06-21-2009, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

L99 not sub 5.0

Guys my IOA is not here yet , but I am reading a lot of complaints from the L99 owners that the car does NOT get up and go. They say it is sluggish and will not do 0 - 60 in under 5 sec. I would like to hear from some L99 owners that have had their cars for a while if they are happy with the performance?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 06-21-2009, 05:38 PM
Premium Member

Garage
If you'll do a search you'll find some **** fast L99 times posted.

Don't sweat the negative comments. The positive comments FAR outweigh them.

Show us timeslips.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.

Last edited by patriotpa; 06-22-2009 at 04:35 PM.
post #3 of 48 Old 06-21-2009, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

L99 not sub 5.0

Guys my IOA is not here yet , but I am reading a lot of complaints from the L99 owners that the car does NOT get up and go. They say it is sluggish and will not do 0 - 60 in under 5 sec. I would like to hear from some L99 owners that have had their cars for a while if they are happy with the performance?

Thanks

post #4 of 48 Old 06-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Veteran Member

Shoulda bought a stick.

Seriously though, the automatic will wake up with a simple tune.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #5 of 48 Old 06-21-2009, 05:48 PM

I haven't received mine yet, but I've talked with some who have theirs and they are well satified. Were the reports of cars still inside breakin period?? Traction control has to off to make things work. There have been a lot of reports on this site that reported lower numbers than 5.0 0-60 I should know this week how sluggish it will be this week.

Last edited by chevyss; 06-30-2009 at 08:21 PM.
post #6 of 48 Old 06-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Veteran Member

with the way the A6 is geared, it should be nice off the line. Problem is (besides the weight), there's a lot of torque management set in the computer...to keep you from breaking parts. Nothing a good tune can't fix.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #7 of 48 Old 06-21-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstuarttn View Post

Thanks
Under 5 is not hard to do at all with it. I am no race car driver or anything, BUT, I am 40 years and a really good stick shift driver...I have the L99Auto and it rocks; I am as fast as I would be with a stick...., I have NO PROBLEM getting 0 to 60 in about 4 and a half; MAYBE closer to 4 seconds, not that I'm getting timed on a track but the car is SERIOUS and the complaints you are getting; You probably should InVESTigate some and see if they're legit, I seriously doubt they are.....

At last--Dream HAS BECOME Reality....
post #8 of 48 Old 06-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Supporter of common sense

dup threads merged

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #9 of 48 Old 06-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstuarttn View Post

Thanks

Hey man sorry you have to hear the Smartass comments coming from M6 drivers its all good from the factory they can brag but not after aftermarket.

I dont have mine yet however I have had a lot of hours behind the wheel of my Friends 2ss with the A6 automatic.
This car is held back from GM meaning Torque managment does make it lag out of the hole. After my friend did a simple tune to the car he woke it up BIG time due to deleting Torque mangment. There have a been a few on here who have tuned there A6's and they did wake up quite however from the numbers im seeing I strongly agree and beleive that its all about who tunes the car and how well they know the A6. My friends is getting a lot better numbers than anyone elses on here.....however until I get mine he won't tell me who it is only because he likes to keep it a secret so no one will use this person. So if you get a tune do your homework on the past tunes the person who is doing it accomplished.

As for is this car slow ? HELL NO yeah it lags out of the hole but in the midrange and top end its still a VERY strong car. With a simple exhaust job and tune you will have a totally different car.

Keep this in mind all the HP is GREAT and NICE to have but due to this thing being an automatic it wont ever miss a gear like some manual drivers......its knows when to shift EVERYTIME.

dont change your order keep the A6 Trust me.
post #10 of 48 Old 06-21-2009, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Tuen by who

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
with the way the A6 is geared, it should be nice off the line. Problem is (besides the weight), there's a lot of torque management set in the computer...to keep you from breaking parts. Nothing a good tune can't fix.
Who would do this tune? A Chevy garage? Isn't it supposed to be tuned coming from the factory?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page