Borla exhaust experience........ - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 07-07-2009, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Borla exhaust experience........

I have installed several cat back systems on GM iron, including a BORLA cat back on my wifes old 2000 R/A TA.

Fast forward to this year. I purchased a Borla cat back for a mothers day gift for my wifes current play vehicle, a 1990 IROC convertible. When I opened the box I knew this thing wasnt going to fit well, and after mocking it up, it confirmed my opinion.
I just paid Stans Headers 500.00 + to cut and either re weld or remake every F'in part of this thing so it would come close to fitting. I also had to pay for the ball flange fitting that connected the cat back to a cat.

I am linking this post to BORLA in the hope that they actually compensate me for the work and material I had to pay a quality shop to make their parts fit the aplication they advertised them to fit. Keep in mind I have emailed them several times over the last two months regarding this issue. All I got from them was BS.

This is my experience with BORLA, hope you fellas dont encounter the same problem. Your checking account might have red ass just like mine. 1300.00 for a cat back, pathetic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 07-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear for your mishap.

If it didnt fit I wouldnt have made it fit I would have sent it back and got the right one.

I have used Borla and have had great luck with them.

maybe you just had a little bad luck sorry to hear that.
post #3 of 20 Old 07-08-2009, 01:49 AM

LOOKS LIKE BORLA IS OUT AS AN OPTION TO MY 2010 SS! SORRY BORLA, DONT LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT OVER-PRICED ITEMS NOT FITTING WELL!

1998 25.2 jet stream blue metallic Trans/Am KFP Racing 2001 procharged ws6 408/f1-A KFP Racing
2012 ram 3500 dually triple black cummins 24" American force 1999 mustang gt
1993 teal cobra 27k original miles #2733
1999 BBM Z28 6.0/LS3 4L80E 1971 Z28/RS BUILD

post #4 of 20 Old 07-08-2009, 02:01 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
No offense but you spent that much on your exhaust and it didn't fit you should have returned it

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #5 of 20 Old 07-08-2009, 02:35 AM
Veteran Member

It was a convertible, that was your problem.
post #6 of 20 Old 07-08-2009, 06:03 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaproshop View Post
No offense but you spent that much on your exhaust and it didn't fit you should have returned it

Thats what im saying.......why spend that much and when it doesnt fit rather than wait and send it back to get the right one lets Rig it to work.

Exhaust systems are made with madrel computer bends for the chemestry of how it makes power. You probably even threw that off when modifying it to fit your car.

so basically you wasted your money and could have just purchased a muffler and made your own exhaust.

I hope a lot more people see this post and back away from BORLA as well just less people on the street who have the same sounding car as myself
post #7 of 20 Old 07-08-2009, 06:06 AM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCDave View Post
I have installed several cat back systems on GM iron, including a BORLA cat back on my wifes old 2000 R/A TA.

Fast forward to this year. I purchased a Borla cat back for a mothers day gift for my wifes current play vehicle, a 1990 IROC convertible. When I opened the box I knew this thing wasnt going to fit well, and after mocking it up, it confirmed my opinion.
I just paid Stans Headers 500.00 + to cut and either re weld or remake every F'in part of this thing so it would come close to fitting. I also had to pay for the ball flange fitting that connected the cat back to a cat.

I am linking this post to BORLA in the hope that they actually compensate me for the work and material I had to pay a quality shop to make their parts fit the aplication they advertised them to fit. Keep in mind I have emailed them several times over the last two months regarding this issue. All I got from them was BS.

This is my experience with BORLA, hope you fellas dont encounter the same problem. Your checking account might have red ass just like mine. 1300.00 for a cat back, pathetic.
I would have sent it back before spending a dime on top of that outrageous price.

I have always had my work custom bent and welded. Ends up cheaper, looks great and supports my local economy in the process

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #8 of 20 Old 07-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Veteran Member

Get a GMMG chambered exhaust for nearly half the price. Sounds better anyway.

I'd have sent it back once I figured out it wasn't going to fit. I might have included pictures to help prove my point, but for $1300, it better fit. Once you start cutting on the pipes, you own it, sorry to say. I doubt if Borla will compensate you anything on that.

Let us know how it turns out.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #9 of 20 Old 07-08-2009, 11:39 AM
745RWHP, 660RWTQ

the ball and socket connection is crap

BOURQUE'S HOT RODS
[email protected], 1.455 60'
Built 376ci, TH400 Trans
post #10 of 20 Old 07-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_Adam View Post
It was a convertible, that was your problem.
...Really? Post a real response.

Sorry to hear about what happened. But I agree with the rest of them... you should have returned it and gotten one that fit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page