Cold Air Induction Test on ALL Aftermarket Systems!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 71 Old 08-01-2009, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Question Cold Air Induction Test on ALL Aftermarket Systems!!

There has been soo much talk about all the different Cold Air Induction Systems starting to hit the market. I myself (Late Model Racecraft) am willing to get a magazine company involved and actually due Dyno tests and track results of every aftermarket Cold Air Induction System on the market for everyone to be able to see un biased results. Any other vendor that wants in on this just let me know and I will try and make it happen. This way we will use ONE car for the test. That way every CAI out their will be tested with the same vehicle, on the same day, in the same temperatures, and on the same dyno and track. What does everyone think about that?

Please post up in this thread, we are trying to get forum members to pick which Cold Air Induction Systems they would like to see go head to head with one another. It will all be done and written in an up coming magazine. Thanks!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34098

2008 LSX SHOOTOUT CHAMPION
HOME OF THE FASTEST LS1'S IN THE WORLD!!
WE NOW BUILD SIX SPEED TRANSMISSIONS
Late Model Racecraft 713-466-9900
WWW.LATEMODELRACECRAFT.COM
PMs are tough, please call or email, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 Old 08-01-2009, 08:31 PM

Right on Right on. That way if you got the best you can be compensated accordingly. I'm waiting for the best.

2SS RS M6 Rally Yellow Black Hockies
post #3 of 71 Old 08-01-2009, 10:01 PM

ttt for my Texas boys!

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.

post #4 of 71 Old 08-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Veteran Member

I'm all for that kind of competition!!

But that said, I've already made up my mind on which one I'm getting in the next couple of weeks, and its initials are........

L

M

R

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
post #5 of 71 Old 08-02-2009, 03:44 PM

You can use my car!!!!lol
post #6 of 71 Old 08-02-2009, 07:36 PM

I would suggest that the ca not have any modifications prior to the beginning of the test so you would have a good base line to start. If you are going to run on a drag strip then the car be an automatic with no manual shifting so the results cannot vary by someone shifting differently on different passes. And of course the same tune as stock to ensure even comparisons. (That leaves my car out.)
post #7 of 71 Old 08-02-2009, 08:56 PM

Bob has a good point.

I am sure LMR will do this.

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

post #8 of 71 Old 08-03-2009, 12:20 AM

that is a good point but won't the auto will respond differently than a standard because its a different motor? I think you should do both.
post #9 of 71 Old 08-03-2009, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGreenTX View Post
I would suggest that the ca not have any modifications prior to the beginning of the test so you would have a good base line to start. If you are going to run on a drag strip then the car be an automatic with no manual shifting so the results cannot vary by someone shifting differently on different passes. And of course the same tune as stock to ensure even comparisons. (That leaves my car out.)
The tests will definately take place on STOCK cars with NO other modifications, not even tuning. The magazine companies would like to see actual results from just bolting on a Cold Air Induction system. Now all I need is other venders that are willing to put their CAI systems up for test. We are ready!

2008 LSX SHOOTOUT CHAMPION
HOME OF THE FASTEST LS1'S IN THE WORLD!!
WE NOW BUILD SIX SPEED TRANSMISSIONS
Late Model Racecraft 713-466-9900
WWW.LATEMODELRACECRAFT.COM
PMs are tough, please call or email, thanks!
post #10 of 71 Old 08-03-2009, 07:16 PM

ttt for other vendors responses.

Can a brother get a sticky over here?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page