eXTREME HORSEPOWER DO NOT GO THERE READ THIS !!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-05-2010, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

eXTREME HORSEPOWER DO NOT GO THERE READ THIS !!!

EXTREME HORSEPOWER off of davis blv.. Do not go there ! They screwed me! Here is my story . OK I have a 2010 camaro 2ss rs yellow with black racing stripes transformer edition a6 .. and orval i hope you are reading this because i want my money back .....!!!!!! Charge back should work ?! ok so my first mod was cold air intake and dyablo tuner. first dyno was at speed tek (which i want to point out is verry good and i love those guys) They saved me here.Thanks speed tek i will only get my work done there from now on .. ! Ok so first dyno ever at speed tek 345 rwh not bad i think, but has room for improvement so i next go to kennys mufflers in bedford get a custome 2.5 exaust and a x pipe .. Well i still need more ! I get a hold of orval at extreme horsepower off davis blvd tells me he has the best tuning in texas etc etc . so i get the full tune and transmition tune etc.! well strangley my car fells slower . and you cant go in the shop to look at the chart and the printer does not work ! wow so no chart ( but i swear you picked up more power) . ok right on.. so now i guess it is time for a cam .. i call orval at extreme horsepower he says $2000 and i will tune instal and the works you will pick up 40 hp . I say sounds good to me . so i pay him over the phone via credit card .. well the next week they go on vacation wtf! so all in all week in a half later he tells me the parts are in . So i take my car up there drop it off . I have to go to flordia that week for a business trip so i will have my wife pick it up. I tell him i would like the old parts and i would like the dyno chart as well.. so my wife calls me thursday and tells me she has the car and no chart only the cam. i call him he tells me i mad 380 rwh picked up 40 hp .. she does not know what to feel due to she does not have car knowledge. so i fly home friday and first thing i do is get in my car go around the block. I start it reve it and it dies wow .. i go around the block and it feels slower than i have ever had it before. ! i dont know what to think ! so next day saturday i call orval at extreme horsepower of course no anewser . so i call speed tek .. They tell me to bring it in . they hook up to it and tell me only a couple things are right . So i tell them to fix it . so get this they put it on the dyno first run before they touch it was 325 rwh oooh!!!! thats slower than my first dyno with cold air intake and dyablo tuner ... they said man this is slower than your first run back in febuary .. so longer story short they get my numbers to 375.91 rwh and 365.11 torgue now need i say more on who im going to in the future for work . I cant belive this . instaling parts and losing hp a half ass tuner you would see max gains from a good tuner of 10 hp at the most but 50 hp and this guy was loosing me hp.... Guys do not go there. EXTREME HORSEPOWER OFF DAVIS DLVD IN TEXAS .......... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will post charts as soon as i can !!! siting right in front of me. also get this the car was lean everyone knows these cars run on the rich side it was 12ish needs to be at 13ish .. wow ! thought i could save you guys ..

The only real conversation you can have is with yourself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-07-2010, 06:22 AM

I believe you missed a couple lsx sites to post this on.

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
The other websites awsome excuse to ban me.

Username: Rodimus Prime Password: Rebecca1
post #3 of 6 Old 09-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Veteran Member

why did you switch to extreme after you had a good experience with speed tek?

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium

post #4 of 6 Old 09-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member

sounds just like a tuning problem...not everyone who knows how to install a cam can actually tune it.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
sounds just like a tuning problem...not everyone who knows how to install a cam can actually tune it.
As I am not one who is all about spreading bad wording about people online I have to say this Shop has messed up two vehicles that I know of due to tuning issues.
One of the issues a few of the people on here know of from Camaro5. He had a procharged LS3 which happened to be Toast in the end due to poor tuning.

This is why I do my homework before I pull the string on things like this.

Sorry for your misfortune.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-07-2010, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

The problem is fixed so i am happy now !! And iguess i do need to go to ls1 tech as well if people do not know .

The only real conversation you can have is with yourself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page