New Owner, need performance help. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 09-28-2010, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

New Owner, need performance help.

Hey Guys. Just got a 2011 Camaro SS 6 speed. Need help. My friend has a Ram SRT10 with a Paxton. I need to bust his a$$. What do I need to do? What are the first mods that I should be doing. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 09-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member

How about installing a supercharger???

If that's not an option, best bang for your buck would be 4.10 gears...but intake, tune and at least a cat-back (if not headers) should be considered.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #3 of 17 Old 09-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member

Doug you can start off by doing whatever one does......

first mod give more air to the engine. Exhaust

I dont know what state you live in but a set of longtube headers and a Catback should make your car breath much better.

Then I would buy a Cold Air Intake which takes air in and forces it into the throttle body.

Then you can either get with one of our vendors or find someone close and either install a cam in your car or go forced induction.

Keep in mind by doing the last 2 things mentioned Cam/force induction you will lose your warranty for the powertrain.

if you want to play you gotta pay.

if I were you I would install headers and catback and a Good CAI and go from there.

also keep in mind during to moving the cats and O2 censors back when doing longtube headers it will make a check engine light come on check before doing all of this and see if your dealership can turn that light off if not that will require a tune to your ECM which will also boost your power all around.

lots to look into just browse the forum here and if you got any questions let me or someone else know

welcome to

post #4 of 17 Old 09-28-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnipper View Post
Hey Guys. Just got a 2011 Camaro SS 6 speed. Need help. My friend has a Ram SRT10 with a Paxton. I need to bust his a$$. What do I need to do? What are the first mods that I should be doing. Thanks for your help.
Gus,
Hurry up and get that ****** broken in, so we can get to the truck. I feel the need to spank something yellow.

2006 Mineral Gray Ram SRT10 QC 590whp/573wtq :rock:
Paxton, JTSVP 2400 Stall Converter, Racetronix 65lb injectors, Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump, Mopar catback, JMB catless mids, SCT by Torrie at Unleashed Tuning, BBK TB, GM solenoid, Caltracs, Belltech shackles
post #5 of 17 Old 09-28-2010, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

What's the best cold air intake that i should buy that will give me the best bang for the money and should i do diablo sport tuner or hiper tech. Thank you guys
post #6 of 17 Old 09-28-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnipper View Post
What's the best cold air intake that i should buy that will give me the best bang for the money and should i do diablo sport tuner or hiper tech. Thank you guys
Come on guys, help him out. I dont want to embarass him too bad.

Paxton, JTSVP 2400 Stall Converter, Racetronix 65lb injectors, Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump, Mopar catback, JMB catless mids, SCT by Torrie at Unleashed Tuning, BBK TB, GM solenoid, Caltracs, Belltech shackles
post #7 of 17 Old 09-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member

First, get a plan, budget and set some goals (reachable). Don't simply build your car for a specific vehicle to try and spank. That's high-schoolish. And it sounds as if you're in way over your head if you have to ask what you should do first. Not saying your questions are invalid because you got to start somewhere, it only implies that you're not exactly ready to take on the whole modification process without first learning a lot more about what you want it to do to your car. You'll have to live with your car long after you win or lose.

Beating a Ram truck isn't, and should NEVER be, a goal. Set your goals right and it'll be just an aside. There's better goals out there to shoot for.

Oh, and Santeen- quit being a troll.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #8 of 17 Old 09-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANTEEN View Post
Come on guys, help him out. I dont want to embarass him too bad.
looks like you've got a bit of an advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
First, get a plan, budget and set some goals (reachable). Don't simply build your car for a specific vehicle to try and spank. That's high-schoolish. And it sounds as if you're in way over your head if you have to ask what you should do first. Not saying your questions are invalid because you got to start somewhere, it only implies that you're not exactly ready to take on the whole modification process without first learning a lot more about what you want it to do to your car. You'll have to live with your car long after you win or lose.

Beating a Ram truck isn't, and should NEVER be, a goal. Set your goals right and it'll be just an aside. There's better goals out there to shoot for.

words of wisdom

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #9 of 17 Old 09-28-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post

Dude, relax. Gus and I are friends and I'm just messing with him. We work together and talk smack at work. But, his plans are basic bolts ons, for now. He's been around Camaro's for a while. He had an 11 second 2000 SS. He just figured he'd come on here and get some basic mod help. He didnt want to waste his money on mods that may not work well on a newer camaro, compared to to is older camaro. And, I'm in no way being a troll. I actually have a lot of respect for the LS3 power plant. Like I said, just messing with him a little. Dont be so quick do jump on people. Have a good day brother.

post #10 of 17 Old 09-29-2010, 09:33 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Well if you are going to tune your car get a CAI that requires a tune. That will gain you the most. at the least it looks like a CAI exhaust and headers will get you started. You put in a cam and that should get you there. need to remember he weights in at 5100lbs, at least. Are you guys doing this in Mexico or at a drag strip?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page