Headers 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 Brand - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 Old 10-21-2010, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Headers 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 Brand

I want to order long tube headers with cats soon, been waiting for months now, Question is what size and who's got good quality and fit for the least amount of money? I also need pipes back to my Borla free flows at the axle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 10-21-2010, 03:28 PM

Go 1 7/8s and get yourself some Kooks, American Racing, or Dynatechs. All are pretty much equal quality. I would go for what I can get the best deal on.

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
The other websites awsome excuse to ban me.

Username: Rodimus Prime Password: Rebecca1
post #3 of 32 Old 10-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member

As prime said above those are all AWSOME Brands. Most would say go with a 1 7/8 as these LS3 engines thrive off of room to breath. If you plan to mod your car with some internal mods for sure go with 1 7/8 if you dont plan on doing heavy mods it really doesnt matter.

I have driven cars with 1 3/4 and 1 7/8 and from my butt dyno I couldnt tell a difference. Unless you are going Forced induction or adding a Cam something that really needs the extra breathing room it really doesnt matter that much to be honest.

Some people have gone with 1 3/4 due to finding a better $$$$$ deal on 1 3/4 then I would say go with 3/4 other wise go with 1 7/8 for down the road purposed.

I went with 1 7/8 American Racing Headers and love them to pieces.

another good brand header is Stainless works

post #4 of 32 Old 10-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Veteran Member

not to deter from site sponsors, but your going to find the best deal with Kooks from marylandspeed.com... be sure to call them so you can get their "special" discounted price! but they do not have an x-pipe that goes all the way to your axle-back exhaust.

i have 1-7/8" American Racing, catted, with x-pipe and i'm very satisfied with the performance gain and sound! this is probably the most complete kit for you since you already have an axle-back. don't freak out about the price compared to others, they include an x-pipe which no other header kit does. pricing for these is strict, so it will be the same almost everywhere. research it a bit and find someone to give you free shipping. i ordered mine from lmperformance.com for $100 off and free shipping.

just be sure to do a lot of research before buying them! there are a couple headers made for our cars that are not stainless steel, and/or made in china. although they might be cheap, or knock offs of a quality brand, you never know how long they will last!

for anything made from stainless steel, your not going to get a better quality product than an American made one

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!

Last edited by RedJewel2SS; 10-21-2010 at 04:07 PM.
post #5 of 32 Old 10-21-2010, 04:25 PM

We use Kooks 1 7/8" longtubes with catted midpipes on our BMR 2010 Camaro shop car and the fit and finish is awesome and the car makes good power with them. You can't go wrong using Kooks.
post #6 of 32 Old 10-21-2010, 06:23 PM

I did the JBA 1 7/8" and they fit perfect and the price was GREAT.

DW
post #7 of 32 Old 10-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Veteran Member

American racing longtubes 1 7/8s with hi flow cats and 3 inch X pipe Im loving it !!!!! plus its 100% American made !!! Ill be doing sound clips and a review soon !!! early next week.

post #8 of 32 Old 10-22-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker15 View Post
American racing longtubes 1 7/8s with hi flow cats and 3 inch X pipe Im loving it !!!!! plus its 100% American made !!! Ill be doing sound clips and a review soon !!! early next week.
couldn't agree more, love them...and go with the 1 7/8's.

CGM 1SS/RS LS3
468 rwhp
430 rwtq
post #9 of 32 Old 10-24-2010, 01:23 PM

I wish i went with 1 7/8. i have 1 3/4 slp. Their nice looking headers and cheaper then Kooks or ARH. In the future I want to put in ARH 2", what do u guys think?
post #10 of 32 Old 10-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Veteran Member

ARH all the way great quality and being 100% American made goes a long way with me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page