ADM AIR SCOOP WASHER BOTTLE REMOVE ADVICE - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 11-04-2010, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

ADM AIR SCOOP WASHER BOTTLE REMOVE ADVICE

Hey guys One of our guys pulled out his washer bottle and did nothing else the car is tuned headers and cai, made a big difference he said.

My question to my trusted Camaro maniacs ? how much difference will the adm scoop make. Is it worth it ? Or will the washer bottle remove be enough ?
Thanks

also in Hot rod they weighed the bottle full that fcuker wa 9 lbs ! so mine is probably staying out

also what does the bottle removal entail looks easy If the 10 was in the garage id be taking it out now but the 69 has seniority

Last edited by mucker15; 11-04-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 11-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Veteran Member

I have the ADM RACE CAI ( So does REDJEWL ) Its a Sealed CAI BOX with a internal IAT sensor.
What makes this CAI work so good is the removal of the Washer bottle and the Air scoop.

I installed a digital IAT sensor guage inside the CAI Box. This morning it was 42 outside and when I hit the On Ramp to get on the highway she was reading 46 degree's of air inside the box going into my Engine. When I reached the parkinglot it said 43 degree's

Talk about forced air or the closest thing you will get without a supercharger.

When you look down from the filter towards the ground you see the hole where the scoop is bringing air into car towards the element.

usually when I get on the highway in the mornings that I drive my Camaro if its cool I can step into it midways up the ramp and you will hear the engine SCREAM and come to life. You can feel the car sucking air Big time as it climbs harder and harder I do have a ported and polished throttle body however after we added the CAI/Scoop when its takes in air it whistles as it takes on air everyone thinks im supercharged.

Tomorrow morning its supposed to be the coldest day yet we will have this year ( expected mid to high 30's ) with no moisture in the air expected I may drive the Camaro and just enjoy going to work once again . This will be the coldest day yet since my conversion along with the ADM CAI install.

TRUST ME GET ONE

The Cold air inductions CAI is a lot like the ADM its sealed just like the ADM is so every bit of air you are forcing in that Box stays in there. That washer bottle blocks a lot of air for sure get rid of it and find another way to hold your washer fluid like a bag or something
post #3 of 20 Old 11-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Veteran Member

Mike.. Are you losing it. You are talking about 9 lbs like wow.. You really want the car to go faster. Go on a diet.. Get the rear gears and call it a day...

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Look at it this way, if you have "Camaro" written on your car somewhere, you're already starting with a great platform!!

post #4 of 20 Old 11-04-2010, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Thanks bro so basically no bottle im good air scoop im better, I saw on some other camaro website a small bottle that does the job but with money being saved for other mods and my 2yr old turns 3 Christmas eve and the little guy turns one Nov 16th I need to wait a bit for the scoop. Pedders lowering sprigns next maye BMR sways.

does my tune need to be adjusted for this mod ? I hope not just had it done for my ARH headers last week dont feel like making the trip

post #5 of 20 Old 11-04-2010, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRAITHSS View Post
Mike.. Are you losing it. You are talking about 9 lbs like wow.. You really want the car to go faster. Go on a diet.. Get the rear gears and call it a day...
I am bro Im down to 206lbs lightest I have been since im 23 lean and mean brother, gears im going to wait on a bit but its going to happen.

post #6 of 20 Old 11-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker15 View Post
I am bro Im down to 206lbs lightest I have been since im 23 lean and mean brother, gears im going to wait on a bit but its going to happen.
Hard to believe.. I think someone has the pics of your head stuck in the DD box last week at the dam....

Not like im talking about weight.. I remember the last time I weighed 206.. I was in 4th grade...

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Look at it this way, if you have "Camaro" written on your car somewhere, you're already starting with a great platform!!
post #7 of 20 Old 11-04-2010, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I did grab a donut I admit it.

post #8 of 20 Old 11-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Veteran Member

No Mike you dont need to adjust your tune at all.

Take the drivers wheel off and remove the wheel liner ( black liner ) takes like 10 minutes and it VERY easy that way

if you need anymore info and get stumped PM me I think I got pics of mine somewhere in my Million pics.

Yeah lose that dam washer bottle and throw in the scoop FEED the motor some air

Mike you have a Chuck Cow Tune dont you ? I love his Automatic Tranny Tune he is the mastermind of the A6 imo.

Last edited by Jekyll-N-Hyde; 11-04-2010 at 11:15 PM.
post #9 of 20 Old 11-04-2010, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I have been doing some non expensive mods lately hid the front plate blacked out my bezels, this will be another, found it on auto agenda $75 free shipping. saves me $10
It wont get in the way too too much of my Pedders drops savings

post #10 of 20 Old 11-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Veteran Member

Not at all im sure they ship this scoop to you just the way Andy shipped it to them from the shop here at ADM. He gives awsome detailed directions

Last edited by Jekyll-N-Hyde; 11-04-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page