A little help - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 11-06-2010, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

A little help

I'm going to purchase a convertable in april of 2011. I just need a little help with the engine difference of the V8's that are offered.

First just a little background.

I bought a BMW S1000rr in the spring and managed a 9.6 sec qtr mile time in the summer. Absolutly loved it. Everytime I hoped on it was an adrenaline rush.This bike set the fastest qtr mile time far a production bike...yes faster then the busa or ZX-14 Unfortunately I was in an accident and ended up with a paralized left arm. Well now I'm in the market for a new ride and the new Camaro is the car I will be buying.

So I've been a stick shift guy all my life but unfortunatly due to my injury I'm forced to my only option of getting the automatic. Now from what I see that means less horsepower compared to the manual. Just wondering from what I can see is this a positve or a negative.

Any info u guys can give me as fars as what aftermarket parts are concerned. My goal is to get the car up to about 500 hp or as close to that as possible. I don't know if that is going to be harder or easier then with the manual. It's the LS 3 for the auto and the LS 99 is the manual only.

Anyways I still have alot of reading to do on the forum...Which isn't that bad since I have alot of time sitting in this hospital bed.

So all info is greatly appreciated...Aftermarket parts....engine,chassis,exhaust As well as good threads to read.

THANKS FROM THE ONE ARM BANDIT

I just realized Speed is a way better rush then fighting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 11-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Veteran Member

the motors are very similar. With either one, 500hp will be obtainable with either a supercharger/turbo or a big cam and some head work.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #3 of 23 Old 11-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Veteran Member

Trust me the A6 cars are no slower, also A6 cars after a tune are insane. There no drop off trust me. The A6 is an amazing tranny.

post #4 of 23 Old 11-07-2010, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Good to hear.

So at this point after I put my order in for my 2011 Camaro convertable LS3 is to add these options. So a little help is welcome. I am new to the
1)HEADERS: So far it looks like the long headers
I am thinking of American Racing or Borla
Obviously my goals are power and sound. Just don't want something where the neighbours are going to want to kill me but I def wany that beasty sound.

2)EXHAUST; So the exhaust is going to have to work in with the headers. Obviouslly the same goals as the headers.

3)GROUND EFFECTS OR BODY KIT:No idea if I should go with GM's kit or if I should go with something from the aftermarket. Thoughts and options or opinions welcome.

4)GRILL: Gm heritage grill or the bowtie(no idea where to order it but love the look.

5)WHEELS: Love the look of the Concave ones.Would love tips on where to get them or prices on them. Or other pucs or options. My Camaro is going to be black or dark grey.

That will be it for year 1. Maybe even year 2. Please any thoughts options or opinions are welcome.

Cheers

Last edited by deafwoody; 11-07-2010 at 07:04 PM.
post #5 of 23 Old 11-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Hope you get well soon! You really want a Camaro...not a Mustang.

Welcome

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #6 of 23 Old 11-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Veteran Member

ARH full exhaust 1 7/8s no drone Heritage grill can be had from garys customs hell even paint it for you.

post #7 of 23 Old 11-07-2010, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWD621 View Post
Hope you get well soon! You really want a Camaro...not a Mustang.

Welcome
LOL
CORRECTED

post #8 of 23 Old 11-07-2010, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker15 View Post
ARH full exhaust 1 7/8s no drone Heritage grill can be had from garys customs hell even paint it for you.
Is this the one I want?

2010 & Up
Header 1-7/8" x 3"
3" X pipe No/Cats CA201078N/C

Kit with ARH Mufflers and Tips $995.00
$780.00
$1,775.00
$2,650.00

So $1775.00 for the headers and mufflers....ie full exhaust is that without the catyletic convertors and $1895 with....Does getting the cats on sacrifice power?

and

What does the kit with ARH mufflers and tips add?
Just looks or power as well?
Also any pics of the ARH mufflers and tips add?

Thanks

post #9 of 23 Old 11-07-2010, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Also as far as the body kit goes.

I'm really the revolution styling hood and lip but they don't sell side skirts. I'm just wondering how it would look if I bought the side skirts from a different company. Or does anyone know if revo;ution will be coming out with side skirts?
Also do I have to get the hood,lip and side skirts painted when they arrive or do they come already painted?

post #10 of 23 Old 11-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Support MC & Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafwoody View Post
Good to hear.

So at this point after I put my order in for my 2011 Camaro convertable LS3 is to add these options. So a little help is welcome. I am new to the
1)HEADERS: So far it looks like the long headers
I am thinking of American Racing or Borla
Obviously my goals are power and sound. Just don't want something where the neighbours are going to want to kill me but I def wany that beasty sound.

2)EXHAUST; So the exhaust is going to have to work in with the headers. Obviouslly the same goals as the headers.

3)GROUND EFFECTS OR BODY KIT:No idea if I should go with GM's kit or if I should go with something from the aftermarket. Thoughts and options or opinions welcome.

4)GRILL: Gm heritage grill or the bowtie(no idea where to order it but love the look.

5)WHEELS: Love the look of the Concave ones.Would love tips on where to get them or prices on them. Or other pucs or options. My Camaro is going to be black or dark grey.

That will be it for year 1. Maybe even year 2. Please any thoughts options or opinions are welcome.

Cheers
We all Hope ya get well soon,
You stated earlier you wanted/needed a automatic (?), your order for the 11' vert in LS3 "its a manual"/ L99 is a Automatic, like every one said they are both great transmissions, the L99 has a manual shift of sorts on the steering-wheel. hope that helps.
Oh their are some great people & sponsors, here that will help you get all of your stuff for the vert, I'M too wanting the 2011 vert, not sure of witch M6 or A6 I'll get, I wanna wait till the special/limited editions ones come out too before I make my decision.

The all new Convertible !, Welcome to the Fleet !

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page