exhaust question - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 12-06-2010, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

exhaust question

Im undecided if I should put the kooks full exhaust (headers high, high flow cats, xpipe, and mufflers or if I should get the corsa cat back and put some other headers and high flow cats with it. My biggest concern is avoiding too much drone at low rpms thats why i was thinking about using the corsa. Does anyone have or know of anyone with the kooks full system and how it sounds? I'd appreciate the input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 12-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Veteran Member

drone does suck...just to maybe add another option, I have the complete ARH system and there is ZERO drone.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #3 of 22 Old 12-06-2010, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

ive heard the american racing headers are great but havent looked into the cat back yet. I'm assuming you love the way it sounds?

post #4 of 22 Old 12-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicbrut View Post
ive heard the american racing headers are great but havent looked into the cat back yet. I'm assuming you love the way it sounds?
it's maybe a hair too quiet at idle, but comes to life when you're on the throttle. It's better than drone. Honestly, I haven't heard of any others that have no drone w/ LT headers.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
post #5 of 22 Old 12-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
the ARH kit is available in either a "short kit" (headers and hi-flow cats or off-road connections), "standard kit" (short kit plus 3" x-pipe and 3" to 2.5" connection pipes) or full exhaust kit (standard kit plus mufflers and tips)

i do know for a fact you will be spending more if you get Corsa cat-back and headers plus cats, rather than a full kit from either Kooks or ARH.

some others you can look into if on a budget are Texas Speed full header back kit. its a full 3" exhaust kit available with either cats or off-road pipes. or LG Motorsports.

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #6 of 22 Old 12-06-2010, 06:58 PM

mods vs powertrain warranty

i'm taking delivery on a 2011 IBM 2SS/RS L99 this Wednesday and i'm torn between keeping it plain stock or doing some mods like PowerFreak's. i've played the video for the ARH full system on LMPerformance.com and it sounds great. Is it worth losing GM's powertrain warranty?
post #7 of 22 Old 12-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCoolRide View Post
i'm taking delivery on a 2011 IBM 2SS/RS L99 this Wednesday and i'm torn between keeping it plain stock or doing some mods like PowerFreak's. i've played the video for the ARH full system on LMPerformance.com and it sounds great. Is it worth losing GM's powertrain warranty?

CONGRATS and welcome.

that's really only a question that YOU can answer. Drive it for a while and see how you like it stock. You have picked the fastest color though.

Quote:
post #8 of 22 Old 12-06-2010, 07:11 PM

holding off on mods for now

i agree with you PowerFreak: keep it stock for a little while and then decide.

quick question: what made you choose the LSR air induction?

p.s. got the silver rally stripes and gray interior - looks great with the IBM
post #9 of 22 Old 12-06-2010, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

The other thing I was curious about is if I should go with 1 3/4 and 1 7/8 headers. From what Ive read it seems 1 7/8 is only if your pushing some serious power. I plan on going all blot ons with a tune
post #10 of 22 Old 12-06-2010, 07:24 PM

primaries

Quote:
The other thing I was curious about is if I should go with 1 3/4 and 1 7/8 headers. From what Ive read it seems 1 7/8 is only if your pushing some serious power. I plan on going all blot ons with a tune

from everything i've read at Camaro5, 1-7/8" is the way to go. the price for 1-3/4" doesn't justify the price, and racers use the 2" primaries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page