Oil pan torque specs? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 03-05-2011, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Oil pan torque specs?

I recently did an oil change and noticed a few damp oil spots at the top of the of the oil pan. I want to check the bolts to see if any are loose but dont want to over tighten them. Also I dont want to run to the dealer if its nothing but a loose bolt.

So does anyone happen to know what the torque spec would be?

Thanks in advance.

2SS..IO Interior M6 Black Rally Stripes Borla Mufflers Diablo Tuned 20% Tints Vararam ram air, Eibach front and rear sway bars, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, BMR lower control arms, BMR strut tower brace, SLP Long tubes with high flow cats Granetelli cross drilled and slotted rotors BBK 95mm Throttle body Eibach coil overs, BMR Adjustable Front and Rear Sway Bar End Links Bravado 20" Rims with Eagle F1 305/35/20 in the Rear and 275/35/20 front

Last edited by ffej0127; 03-11-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-05-2011, 02:57 PM

I would guess its the oil cooler leaking.

Otherwise it depends on what pan bolts you are refering too.

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
The other websites awsome excuse to ban me.

Username: Rodimus Prime Password: Rebecca1
post #3 of 15 Old 03-05-2011, 05:12 PM

Go to the dealer. It is highly unlikley that the pan bolts are loose. If they are they should know about it.

2SS/RS L99 A6, RotoFab CAI, Kooks LT headers w/High Flow cats, Borla CAT back, Heritage grill, SmartMirror, ABL lighting, drilled and slotted rotors w/Hawk pads, 400 watt amp.

Life is too short to drive an ugly car.
I bought mine from Camaro Scotty!

post #4 of 15 Old 03-05-2011, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yea I think you guys are right, I'll be making an appointment for later in the week. Thanks.

2SS..IO Interior M6 Black Rally Stripes Borla Mufflers Diablo Tuned 20% Tints Vararam ram air, Eibach front and rear sway bars, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, BMR lower control arms, BMR strut tower brace, SLP Long tubes with high flow cats Granetelli cross drilled and slotted rotors BBK 95mm Throttle body Eibach coil overs, BMR Adjustable Front and Rear Sway Bar End Links Bravado 20" Rims with Eagle F1 305/35/20 in the Rear and 275/35/20 front
post #5 of 15 Old 03-05-2011, 09:29 PM

Take it to the dealer i had 2 small spots of oil on my garage floor i thought it was nothing so when i went in for a oil change they looked it over and said they Found oil leaking from rear cover of engine-Removed and replaced rear crank gasket,rear main seal and rear housing cover.Glad they took care of it so quickly . Time in the shop 6 hrs
post #6 of 15 Old 03-06-2011, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the information. I will be bringing it in. I looked under there really good this time and there is a few spots that are leaking/weaping. The oil cooler has a drip hanging off of it, the fromt of the engine under the crank pully has wetness and the rear of the engine has some spots.

This is unacceptable for a car that is a little over a year old and 7000 miles on it. it should be clean and dry under there.

I will let everyone know what the outcome is going to be when i find out.

post #7 of 15 Old 03-06-2011, 04:00 PM

Did you maybe spill a little when you were filling the engine? A little oil will spread quickly and look like a lot. Then when you are driving the wind will blow it all over and make it impossible to find the source.

2SS/RS L99 A6, RotoFab CAI, Kooks LT headers w/High Flow cats, Borla CAT back, Heritage grill, SmartMirror, ABL lighting, drilled and slotted rotors w/Hawk pads, 400 watt amp.

Life is too short to drive an ugly car.
I bought mine from Camaro Scotty!
post #8 of 15 Old 03-06-2011, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
no unfortunetly thats not the case. I did the oil change roughly 2 weeks ago and noticed it but i thought it might have been a spill so i wiped it all down and when i checked yesterday there was oil again. i think i have a small leak somewhere.

post #9 of 15 Old 03-06-2011, 08:15 PM

I forgot to mention the service advisor at GM also told me that there was a Issue with some cars and that there is a bulletin for it.It was covered under the warranty.
post #10 of 15 Old 03-06-2011, 08:33 PM

The dealer had to change my oil cooler gaskets because I had a similar leak.

2010 Rally Yellow 2SS M6 with Black rally stripes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page