Exhaust cutouts - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 04-04-2011, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Exhaust cutouts

Im thinking about maybe trying to get my dad exhaust cutouts and maybe some other things for an early birthday present. The problem i have is i dont know which one is better overall. Im looking at the noweeds and QTP cutouts. I know the noweeds are a lot more expensive but they look nicer and easier to install. Any recommendations on either?

https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic5558_1.gif
my dads car. I just fill him in on all the cool stuff on moderncamaro!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-25-2011, 10:17 PM

For the record, I love the look of your car. Its like I'm looking into a mirror! I am also looking into the exhaust cutouts for my SS so I will give you my opinion. On top of the noweeds and QTP cutouts you can also look into the DMH Welcome to DMH Performance! They are very similar to the QTP but I'm not sure about the cost difference. My buddy has had these on his Corvette for about 5 years now and says with no issues. As for the install, welding is required on all of them except for the noweeds. I personally like to work on my cars myself and don't know how to weld so these are out of the question. As for the noweeds, I like the control switch that is hidden under the seat. I like that I can do the install myself, and I like the look. I don't like the price but I am still willing to bite the bullet because I'm in California and this state sucks when it comes to cars exhausts. I also believe there is a Camaro5 discount if you pm noweeds.net. I will be going with the Noweeds and can't wait till I get them on my car!

2011 Camaro 2SS - This is my Camaro, there are many like it but this one is mine!
post #3 of 10 Old 04-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Veteran Member

qtp ive used them on all my vettes and the camaro there quality sound great and affordable install isnt bad either.

'Winning'

post #4 of 10 Old 07-21-2011, 01:37 PM

We sell alot of QTP's and they always take care of us "IF" there is an issue
post #5 of 10 Old 09-13-2011, 09:49 AM

NoWeeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroStrong View Post
For the record, I love the look of your car. Its like I'm looking into a mirror! I am also looking into the exhaust cutouts for my SS so I will give you my opinion. On top of the noweeds and QTP cutouts you can also look into the DMH Welcome to DMH Performance! They are very similar to the QTP but I'm not sure about the cost difference. My buddy has had these on his Corvette for about 5 years now and says with no issues. As for the install, welding is required on all of them except for the noweeds. I personally like to work on my cars myself and don't know how to weld so these are out of the question. As for the noweeds, I like the control switch that is hidden under the seat. I like that I can do the install myself, and I like the look. I don't like the price but I am still willing to bite the bullet because I'm in California and this state sucks when it comes to cars exhausts. I also believe there is a Camaro5 discount if you pm noweeds.net. I will be going with the Noweeds and can't wait till I get them on my car!
post #6 of 10 Old 09-13-2011, 09:52 AM

Yes, you will not be sorry !
post #7 of 10 Old 09-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
I am very happy with my cut-outs made by Race Ready Performance here in Texas. They are available with an installable switch or a remote controlled switch. Here's a page with the different options. There is a no welding kit available also.

2 1/2" Exhaust System

And a picture of the cut-outs installed on my V6...

Last edited by Envy; 09-23-2011 at 10:15 PM.
post #8 of 10 Old 09-23-2011, 09:52 AM

Location: Currently Jacksonville Florida, originally from Kalama Washington

Im also looking at getting cutouts. I know with the noweeds you can open up all the way and close all the way and have anything inbetween, significantly changing the way your car sounds and performs in all of those. Is that the same with the QTP, DMH, and the Race ready performance brands? Also I realize there are two types, bolt on and weld. Now Im not super savvy with this stuff, so obviously bolt ons can be rrmoved, but is the weld ons permanent, or is it just a really huge hassle to get them removed? Also is there any difference in performance and overall reliability between the welds and the bolt ons? Right now I am leaning towards the bolt ons simply because you can install/remove them easier. Is there a positive negative to either one? Or is it just preference? Thanks
post #9 of 10 Old 09-23-2011, 11:45 AM

Big fun!

DMH cutouts, super high quality... great warranty:

I mounted mine here:

few more pics:

Button placement :

Open:

One more of the button:

I did all the install myself. Took about 5 hours working very slow and trying to figure it out. I could probably do it faster now.

A second set I installed on a friends car are mounted right before the mufflers, also a car with headers and its not near as lound as mine. I have head a car with the factory mainfolds and cut outs. Fully open, it is equivilant to a car with the muffler delete so not overly loud. My car is pretty much louder with them closed and the header with FM cat back as the stock car manifolds and cutouts open. if you want to "bring the noise", you need the headers!

I'd recommend them to anyone... they are great fun!

One more thing...

Don't get them for any performance gains... The car runs like crap at low RPM from the lack of back pressure. Sure, it runs better at WOT but jesus, it makes your ears bleed.

I just use mine rolling through car shows and what not. Occasionally I will open them on the highway but its too loud for me.

The only real point of them it so show off.

post #10 of 10 Old 09-24-2011, 04:18 PM

I have QTP cutouts on mine and love them. Great quality and they stand behind there product.

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page