Where do i go next? (exhaust) - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 04-08-2011, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Where do i go next? (exhaust)

Currently all i have installed is a Magnaflow axle back. I wanted to stay under the obnoxious level (sound)...but i think these are even a bit too tame.

So, where too next? I've been pokin around the threads and seems like the X-pipe and resonators are the next culprits to my tone woes.

Suggestions? Like i said i definately want to go louder...but i don't want to be heard coming from 10 miles away nor have to turn my radio to max to listen to some tunes.

Couple of other side questions would be (depending on answers)... Monitarily i would think keeping the magnaflows would be the way to go, or would it be more benifical to replace the whole system with a cat-back (and/or) better system. Or would replacing the x-pipe and resonators possibly acheive (i know there's no guarantees) the sound i am looking for?

Vendors certainly welcome to chime in or pm me.

Thanks in advance!

https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic6208_1.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
I added my x-pipe after i did my axle back and really couldn't tell much of a difference in the tone. I think only other option would be to do headers with hi-flow cats might be wrong but it wont be first time..

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 12 Old 04-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Veteran Member

IF you want to Add headers to this car then contact
http://marylandspeed.com/chevy-camaro-2010-c-1240.html

They are the cheapest on the internet when it comes to headers ( kooks )

I have ARH 1 7/8 headers however Kooks are just as good and cheaper from Maryland speed.

Only reason I went with 1 7/8 ARH I got them 1 year before I got my car and walked out the Door for a price no one can get now.

Call Maryland speed up and tell them what you have already for your car and that you want kooks headers and Cats and a Xpipe thats if you are going a system that will use headers.

Maryland speed will beat anyone's price on the internet on headers PROMISE

if you want to keep the factory manifolds then contact magnaflow and ask for there 3inch Xpipe that will mate up to your axlebacks and so on.

that would smooth out your exhaust tone and give the magnaflows a very nice Tone.
MAgnaflows Xpipe is the only Xpipe that will change a sound in the tone if thats all you are adding why ? its a TRUE Xpipe compared to
everyone elses which happens to be two pieces of pipe butted up against one another.

post #4 of 12 Old 04-08-2011, 06:08 PM

I put on a Borla CAT back first and love the sound. Not too loud. A month later I added Kooks 1-7/8 with high flow CATS and I could not hear any change in the sound.

2SS/RS L99 A6, RotoFab CAI, Kooks LT headers w/High Flow cats, Borla CAT back, Heritage grill, SmartMirror, ABL lighting, drilled and slotted rotors w/Hawk pads, 400 watt amp.

Life is too short to drive an ugly car.
I bought mine from Camaro Scotty!
post #5 of 12 Old 04-10-2011, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Good infos folks thank you very much. Shaping my descion a little bit.

post #6 of 12 Old 04-28-2011, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

Anyone down with Billy Boat exhaust / headers? Heard some good stuff about them, but at the same time i haven't heard of them...or am i just outta the loop?

post #7 of 12 Old 04-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Veteran Member

you have axle back mufflers now? i would go with long tube headers. dont go with a off road header( no cats) youll want something with cats. that will wake it up for sure.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #8 of 12 Old 06-16-2011, 11:41 AM

I'd go with headers for sure. Kooks from Maryland speed is a good bet but I got my Stainless Works from JuicedMotorsports.com cheaper then any set of Kooks. I shyed away from Kooks because I've heard some concerns of quality lately and they usually have a long wait for them.
post #9 of 12 Old 07-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Banned

Most of our customers that already have an axle back exhaust and want to step up to more power and sound go with 1-7/8 Inch ARH headers with high flow cats and X-pipe. The result is pure sex. You cannot go wrong, plus the headers really add power to the camaro.

ARH Long Tube Headers for 2010 Camaro SS (1-3/4" & 3" X-Pipe W/Cats)
post #10 of 12 Old 07-25-2011, 08:59 PM
745RWHP, 660RWTQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoranoRacing View Post
Most of our customers that already have an axle back exhaust and want to step up to more power and sound go with 1-7/8 Inch ARH headers with high flow cats and X-pipe. The result is pure sex. You cannot go wrong, plus the headers really add power to the camaro.

ARH Long Tube Headers for 2010 Camaro SS (1-3/4" & 3" X-Pipe W/Cats)
i agree, Morano Racing has great prices and customer service.

Headers are def the way to go and also a resonator delete. to keep it quite on the inside you can by R-Blox sound deader off of eBay and install it in the trunk. I did it in my car and it works great and I have headers, cam and straight pipes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_P1020717.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	11121  

BOURQUE'S HOT RODS
[email protected], 1.455 60'
Built 376ci, TH400 Trans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page