exhaust upgrade - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-21-2011, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

exhaust upgrade

new to the forum - awesome information. New 2011 2SS Convertible - black with silver stripe, RS package - auto (1st Camaro). I don't want to risk warranty yet - but, want the car to sound like it should. Traded a Boxster S for the backseat - it's long forgotten after 3 weeks. Down the road will want to look at CAI, et all - but for now - awesome to see my 4 and 2 year old in the back (in their carseats! ) enjoying that subwolfer as we head down the road as a family (something not done with previous car). I assume the answer is cat-back exhaust upgrade (understanding that without other mods I'm looking at sound over much/any substance). So, asking for some expert opinion on brand/installation. Not many of these bad boys zooming around Iowa yet but i've got a few options for installation. Thanks - looking forward to the education and lots of fun driving!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Hello from Alabama and welcome to the family congrats on your Camaro. As far as exhaust there are several thread on that just type exhaust in search box and view all the different thread cause there are several good ones out there. good luck on your search.. I went with Magnaflow axle-back with X-pipe and love how mine sounds..

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-22-2011, 08:02 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome to the site!

The exhaust for the convertible is a little different because of the extra frame braces...not all aftermarket co's have a kit available yet. There's a company called Solo Performance that's been working on being one of the first to offer a cat-back for the converts. It's a well-made kit, not too loud, but sounds great. I was up at their shop getting a cat-back installed on my trailblazer ss and they said they had the convertible kit ready to go.

Here's one of their videos, not for the converts, but their info is on there...

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 06-22-2011 at 08:09 AM.

post #4 of 5 Old 06-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Veteran Member

cant go wrong with borla. but it just depends how much $ you want to spend. as far as warranty....its just a catback. and most exhaust companies have warranties of their own on the systems. borla is the manufacturer who makes the gmpp exhaust system that you can get through gm. but i believe the only thing you can get it axle back mufflers and tips. its not really a catback. but even the borla catback i have is the same diameter as the stock system. so you may be fine just getting gmpp axle back mufflers if your concerned about the warranty.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #5 of 5 Old 06-24-2011, 12:11 AM

The main problem fitting the exhaust on the verts is the bracking. A company called Stainless Works makes a sweet exhaust that sounds like pure muscle car. They also have a brace kit so it will fit the verts. I don't have the vert kit but I do have the SW catback (with headers to) and its nothing short of awesome. I got a great deal from Juiced Motorsports, shipped fast and as advertised.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page