SLP Blackwing CAI - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-21-2011, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

SLP Blackwing CAI

Anybody put the SLP blackwing CAI on? or does anyone know how it rates?
Thanks,

bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-24-2011, 12:29 AM

They don't seem to be to popular these days. Best intakes out IMO are the CAI and Roto-Fab. I had a hard time choosing between them both but decided to go with the CAI from JuicedMotorsports.com. Got it in black to match the car. Looks awesome under the hood and the old butt dyno said it was worth it.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-15-2011, 01:00 AM

Ok, I got it today and it's in!

Thoughts:

I ordered it for $179 through LMPerformance on 8/2, got it today 8/6 (shipping was FREE!)
Instructions were good, but pics on the instruction sheet were dark and hard to see
A piece of the rubber tube from the OEM throttle body section had to be cut off and used with the SLP intake (thus making the OEM unit unusable)
Rubber connection from SLP intake tube to the air filter box was easy to insert, the rubber connection going to throttle body side was TIGHT!
Supplied Blackwing air-filter went in w/o a hitch
Pretty easy install, as I had expected

So how does it work? I don't have any numbers, but R8cerX dynoed it and got 12-16rwhp (depending on engine temp). Today we finally got a break in the heat, so even though the car seemed to be pulling harder, I realize it was only 75 degrees with low humidity.

Intake noise is minimal (good thing!), and the fit/finish of the product was very good. All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to go the full on low-hanging filter CAI route or who wants to keep their OEM filter box intact.

post #4 of 6 Old 07-15-2011, 06:45 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma111 View Post
Ok, I got it today and it's in!

Thoughts:

I ordered it for $179 through LMPerformance on 8/2, got it today 8/6 (shipping was FREE!)
Instructions were good, but pics on the instruction sheet were dark and hard to see
A piece of the rubber tube from the OEM throttle body section had to be cut off and used with the SLP intake (thus making the OEM unit unusable)
Rubber connection from SLP intake tube to the air filter box was easy to insert, the rubber connection going to throttle body side was TIGHT!
Supplied Blackwing air-filter went in w/o a hitch
Pretty easy install, as I had expected

So how does it work? I don't have any numbers, but R8cerX dynoed it and got 12-16rwhp (depending on engine temp). Today we finally got a break in the heat, so even though the car seemed to be pulling harder, I realize it was only 75 degrees with low humidity.

Intake noise is minimal (good thing!), and the fit/finish of the product was very good. All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to go the full on low-hanging filter CAI route or who wants to keep their OEM filter box intact.
\\+2 I have one as well and love it, I liked the fact that I kept the factory airbox.

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-12-2011, 08:04 AM

Garage
Had one installed on my 2010 along with the SLP Loudmouth axleback kit. Noticeably more power. Nice sound to the exhaust also. My Blackwing kit replaced the windshield washer fluid container and removed the factory airbox.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-12-2011, 11:22 PM

Hey guys and gals, there are quite a few members here that have done a TON of changes to their cars. There is a search function and it helps find this information REAL quick.

Just a friendly tip!

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page