Gaining Horsepower By Pulling the Fuses In A Late Model Camaro - Page 6 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 57 Old 11-26-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
Fuse pull is not placebo killer.
Was for me. Didn't do much of anything. Even Chevy tells you that you won't notice much of a difference between the octane tables.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 57 Old 11-27-2013, 02:18 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotekiller View Post
Was for me. Didn't do much of anything. Even Chevy tells you that you won't notice much of a difference between the octane tables.
Perhaps your car never had regular gas in it. I did the fuse pull and it did nothing either. But again, perhaps mine never had regular either. And some people have said that some of the LS3 equipped Camaros don't go into a limp mode with regular gas. I've heard that it is mainly in the L99 equipped Camaros. But it has even been seen on the dyno...some cars made significantly less hp/tq in limp mode. Once the ECU was restored, it made what it should have made in the first place. It works.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #53 of 57 Old 11-28-2013, 01:46 AM

It doesn't go into limp mode, it simply retards the spark timing so that the car will run safely without knocking on regular gas (87 octane).

As for what people think they feel, I'll point you towards the numerous people that installed spiral or "tornado" intake spacers/throttle body plates and said they produced amazing amounts of power gains for their cars when in fact they did nothing at all.

And for the dynoed results of the power gain, did they let the car run for an hour or so and let it relearn the settings, or did they just dyno after they reinstalled the fuses? If they did the latter, it may have produced high readings but only because the tune for the car hadn't had time to "settle in". The computers in these cars are funny; they requires time after you pull fuses for the computer to relearn the high octane tune. Or any tune for that matter.

post #54 of 57 Old 11-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It doesn't go into limp mode, it simply retards the spark timing so that the car will run safely without knocking on regular gas (87 octane).

As for what people think they feel, I'll point you towards the numerous people that installed spiral or "tornado" intake spacers/throttle body plates and said they produced amazing amounts of power gains for their cars when in fact they did nothing at all.

And for the dynoed results of the power gain, did they let the car run for an hour or so and let it relearn the settings, or did they just dyno after they reinstalled the fuses? If they did the latter, it may have produced high readings but only because the tune for the car hadn't had time to "settle in". The computers in these cars are funny; they requires time after you pull fuses for the computer to relearn the high octane tune. Or any tune for that matter.
I refer to it as "limp mode". Didn't mean to throw you off with that term. As far as what people "feel", that is all subjective. Some people put higher octane gas in 4 cyl cars that require 87 octane and swear they gained 25 hp. However, if several different people from all over the country on several different websites are all saying the same thing, then it is only wise to trust that there may be some truth to it.

As far as dynos go, I'm not sure what any companies procedure is. I have read that most people will pull the fuses and let the car sit for several hours on average...some even overnight. If dyno shops have an L99 SS that dynos at 305hp and then after the fuse pull the same car dynos 335 hp...well then that right there tells you that the fuse pull works. Regardless of the ECU relearning itself after 50, 100, or 500 miles. It ain't like 100 miles later the ECU is gonna say "oh hey we're making too much power, lets dial it down again". The ECU will relearn and adjust accordingly as long as proper octane gas is in the tank. Once lower octane is in, then it will go back into "limp" mode as I call it.

Either way, you don't have to believe it works. However I do have several sources. I can post the links if you're interested in looking. I know you're skeptical about this. But rock solid proof trumps skepticism any day man.
patriotpa likes this.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #55 of 57 Old 12-03-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Man this placebo effect really gets some people....
Beleive it or not it makes a difference..
If u dont trust me... trust Chapel...

If u dont feel a difference that means ur car never had a tank of low octane in it. Either way it doesnt hurt anything to try it.

I pulled fuses for 13 hours and got an even better result.
Can't wiat to get that throttle body and cold air system in this week.

Giddy-UP!

post #56 of 57 Old 02-07-2018, 01:52 AM

I have camaro ss 2011 l99 engine I make a cam shift upgrade after one month I have issued the gas not coming for engine lift side driver side the car not running very well.
post #57 of 57 Old 03-05-2019, 06:37 AM

They are assessed by methods for a sections that portrays the blends in the empowers. From 87 to 89 to 91 to ninety three octane. urdu news They differ in various regions even express states and can depend on "Re Formulated" stimulates for areas now not get together air fine essentials.

It could all get point by point in any case essential concern is solely in finding the choice "Checked" fuel with all of the additional substances that can or won't be merged inside the "bargan" brands. They cost to some degree all the more anyway belive me, you get what you pay for.

Last edited by GarlandVanburen; 04-26-2019 at 04:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page